Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JayC

My finished Accutane Journal....pics added.

Stick with it man. You just gotta kep reminding yourself as to how AWESOME your face is gonna be after the treatment is done!! Besides, it's only month one, and my derm says people don't really see the noticeable results into month 3. I have my lab tests tomorrow, so Ishould be getting my prescription soon. My 21st birthday is in late May, so I should have BEAUTIFUL face again by then! Las Vegas, bomb.

hhaha ya man!

YES TO BEAUTIFUL SKIN. I'm gonna hold a fan in my hand and wave it like a chinese princess in my face. Even tho im a guy. O:)

Alright well i've noticed the lotion is working better then cetaphil. My skin looks more natural and smooth. It's also helping to slowly fade the red marks. The only problem is that my face is begingin to look really red in general. Sort of has a pinkish color to it. I think its cause accutane is rushing blood to the surface of the skin. O WELL.

Accutane is so freaking unpredictable. I have started to get more bumps on the back of my neck, and all over my chest. Like what the fuck, i have never had acne on my chest. Well as long as its off my face, im happy. Its cold in Canada so I can hide the neck ones with hooded sweaters.

hehe. :-s

im going on ro-accutane on 7th jan, but man i have had a shit xmas. I have cystic acne on my face and its gone bad 2day. I had to go to A and E to get sum different anti-biotics as i woke up and half my face was all swollen up. I can tell you, im nervous! im on so many drugs at the mo i feel like a fuckin lab rat. i hope the infection goes down before 7th jan so i can go on ro-acctane. l8rz

if i were you...id stop everything you are using right now. Just wash your face 2-3 times a day, and apply non-comedo motiourizer from now until Jan 7. Because accutane takes longer to kick in for people who have used antibiotics. So this will give you a bit of a headstart. You might get more acne from now to Jan 7th, but im telling you once u start accutane they will quickly be gone.

I honestly wish time would go faster. Or if I could obtain some kind of time machine to advance me 4 months. I started Accutane November 20, 2003. And i have been placed on a 5 month treatment. Now let me tell you a quick summary about my skin prior to accutane. Before September I used to get one zit a month. Then i started school and began to get really stressed out, so i started getting like 2 or 3 a week. Since i took care of my skin this was usually the process of the zits.

Day 1: Get Pimple

Day 2: Pimple goes down

Day 3: Red Mark

Day 4: Brown Mark

Day 5: Gone!

The only reason my derm put me on accutane was because in September I got 2 huge white heads really close to each other. But what happened was as they were going down they merged together. And formed a bigger zit. But i did something i should have never ever done. I squeezed it. Blood and other shit came out, and day by day it was mutiplying in size. Till it was almost the size of 2 pennies. And about 5mm high. Squeezing it caused more acne to form around my cheek. And days after..my face was raped. My friends were like wtf happened. Like it was shocking to me. It was nasty. I hated it.

Well after a month of accutane..the cyst is gone. But now i have a red bright mark from where it was. And tons of other little tiny red ones all around it. When light is shined on my face..it looks horrible. Like i said before redmarks used to fade for me in about 3 days. And now they are chilling there. Everyday when i look in the mirror, i cant really see a difference. However, my whole face has flattened out completly, so it doesnt hurt at all to shave anymore.

Since I dont wanna really play around with my skin too much. I cant really do much. However, i feel like a priest cause all i do is like pray all day to get this disease of my face as quick as possible. [-o<

Side Effects: I heard some people talking about a rash they got on the top of there hands. I got that shit too. It hurt like a bitch. But lotion cleared it up in like 2 days. So thats gone. But man...BACK PAINS. OWWWWWWW. I like bend over at the sink to wash my face, and when i bend back up, im like ahhhhh. But its for like a minute so no biggy.

ONE QUESTION TO THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE FINISHED ACCUTANE OR ALMOST AT THE END OF THERE TREATMENT!---

THE REDMARKS THAT APPEARED ON YOUR FACE IN THE FIRST MONTH, WERE THEY STILL THERE AT THE END OF TREATMENT? OR...HOW LONG DID THEY TAKE TO USUALLY DISSAPEAR?

JayC,

I got over my fear of accutane...well, not so much OVER it. BUT, I started my 4 month treatment yesterday. My face is already feeling a bit dry, but I'm on 100mgs. My derm and apparently some others do it 1.5mg per every kg you weigh, so I'm getting a larger dose I guess. The thought of the side effects still freak me out. But, I think I'll be ok...thanks for encouraging me early on though smile.gif .

i wrote this to someone in their thread, because people were talking about how bad Accutane's side effects are. It pissed me off...so i wrote this:

Screw all the shitty other oral stuff. You want your acne gone? If yes, use accutane. Side Effects are bullshit anyway. In my opinion, people who bitch about side effects have a very poor hygine. My reasoning: the most frequent side effects with accutane are dry skin, dry lips, and back pains. To prevent these people use lotion, chapstick, and exercise. BUT...they should be doing these normally even if they didnt have acne. But people on this message board make it seem like these products are designed for acne. Chapstick was never intended for people with acne, either was lotion, nor was exercising. Its up to you to keep your skin healthy and livley and exercising keeps you in shape.

I read a thread the other day about how people bitch about taking accutane. I'm glad someone finally voiced there opinion. Stop being little scared bitches and take the freaking drug. Stop rubbing benzol peroxide shit on ur face for like 15 minutes a day. BP was invented like in the 30's. Times have changed, health care has improved thats why there is accutane.

Go to your derm...and tell he/she this. I wanna be prescribed Accutane. If you have severe acne, it shouldnt be a problem. If you have like a couple cysts then get a low dose. Sure...you might break out but a couple more zits to worry with for about for a week is nothing compared to getting acne for the rest of your life.

So people stop talking shit about Accutane and try it. If you have like 5 or less zits, then you shouldnt even be worrying too much about acne. It will go, but if you noticed more and more are coming please go on Accutane. If you have any questions PM me or write something in my journal.

On the scars forum here there is a group of people who are blamming Accutane for the scars they have, claiming they would not have them if it were not for Accutane.

I dont see how Accutane can cause scars?

In the manual it says it will prevent them I think, however it cannot help scars that have already formed.

I think those people would have gotten scars regardless of Accutane. Their acne would have caused their scars all by itself.

I dont see how accutane can cause scars either. Especially when my Derm said, "We better get you Accutane before you start gettin scars." I bet those fools have scars because they picked the hell out of there zits or washed their faces like crazy, not allowing there zits to heal.

Hey...I wasn't saying anything bad about accutane. I was thanking you for telling me to get over it and take it, since most people were trying to talk me out of it. I'm on a really high dose(100mg) and don't have severe acne...but my derm prescribes it 1.5mg per kg instead of 1 and 1. I'm sure it'll work for me, I'll only be on it four months. I just wanted to let you know I'm finally on it too...thought you'd be proud smile.gif .

Leah my essay wasnt intended for you. It was for all the fags out there who believe accutane kills you from the inside out. I knew all along you were gonna take accutane.

I guess i should update:

Aloe Vera Lotion is honestly a miracle. When i was using cetaphil or other vitamin e moisturizes my skin was so red looking. It looked like the blood was rushing to my head. Aloe Vera is helping me dramatically, my red marks are turning a pink color and i dont feel too bad to leave my house anymore.

But tommorow is the big day for me. I'm gettin my haircut. I dont know what it is with me but i just hate getting my hair cut when i have a zit. Getting a haircut is like your on the spotlight. Just you and the sexy hair dresser. And worst of all you have to look at your ugly ass face while she cuts your hair and is disgusted by ur face. Last week i had two zits on the back of my head, so i didnt go last week cause it probably would of began to bleed if she went over it with the razor. There gone now, but i have a zit in the middle of my neck. It was a white head, so i poped it this morning.

The back pains have decreased, but my eyes have began feeling very dry, especially at night.

So other then that. Accutane is A Okay.

oh btw. I was asked to post my pictures on my journal, however i dont think i can do it. But to give you a visual, this is whats its like. On both cheecks i have tons of little red marks. A couple redmarks next to the side of my left eye. And the left side of ma forehead also has a few redmarks.

I'll promise to post my pics up when i feel confident enough. ](*,)

HEY JAY,

I'VE BEEN ON ACCUTANE FOR 3WEEKS NOW AND MY FACE IS STILL A MESS! NOT ANY BETTER AT ALL IN THE SLIGHTEST, I WEIGH 8STONE AND I AM ON 25MG A DAY FOR 4MONTHS BUT I CAN HONESTLY SEE THIS SHIT NOT WORKING FOR ME, I'M COVERED IN CYSTS AND I CANT HANDLE IT ANY MORE!MY NECK IS A REAL MESS! THEY ARE LIKE BIG BLISTER BUBBLES I HAVE 4 IN A ROW ON MY NECK, AND THEY HURT LIKE HELL! NOT TO MENTION ALL THE RED MARKS ON MY FACE! I LOOK 100% UGLY! I'V NOT STEPPED FOOT OUTSIDE THE HOUSE FOR 4 MONTHS BECAUSE OF MY ACNE! AAAAAARGH!

](*,)

Hi MissShady,

I know exactly how you feel. I havent stepped foot outside my house either for like 5 months. Haven't gone to a movie, or anything. However, I no longer have cysts or acne, just dirty ass red marks. You say your on 25mg of Accutane for 4 months. I dont think this is proper. Usually your derm will put you low, and then raise you. 25mg for 4 months is too low. Maybe 40mg would be ur max. I started at 10mg and now im on 60mg until April. A highers dose will brings the cysts down quicker. However, at the rate my face is clearing up i think i will be able to get out of my house in febuary. Whatever yo do, dont pop your cysts ever. Cause you will be more prone to getting a scar. You said you have some in a row, i know exactly what that feels like. I have had diagnol lines and triangle acne patterns on my face.

I cant really cheer u up where you said you look 100% ugly. Cause thats exactly how i feel, and i dont know what to do. Just dont look at your mirror too much and you wont think that. Look at pictures of you when you didnt have acne and think to yourself, this is what im gonna look like after this shit is over. Thats what i do. If you havent had acne to deal with in the past years, accutane will get those fresh zits quick!

I just wish my redmarks would all dissapear one morning. Hang in there, you will prolly have questions as you go further in the treatment, so just ask when ur ready! smile.gif

I weight 175lbs (12 and a half stone) and i've only been prescribed 30mg per day. WTF!? I hope this isn't too low and will still be effective for me.

I should be on it for about 6 months, but i gotta see my derm again after 2. 8-[

I weigh 67 Kg and im on 30mg per day for first month and half, goin up to 40/45 mg day if needed after. I am on my 6/7 day and i have broken out biiiiiig time! i am so hoping it works coz if it doesnt ive got a face full of spots to live with for a long time! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) The break out is crap, as coupled with red marks your face juist looks on fire, especially cheeks ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Vent,

L8rs

Animal:: the dosage your derm has given you seems a bit low to me. However this could of been done because your acne might not be too severe. However, i personally believe everybody should take the recommended dose of accutane according to their weight. This is because alot of people have had there acne return quicker because there dosages were too low. Starting of lower and then raising your dosages is the best way to do it. You said you are 175lbs so i think you would be looking at about 60-70mg of accutane a day. On your next derm visit ask for your dosages to be increased.

Thunderbolt:: Man I know exactly how you feel. I wish acne wouldn't leave the redmarks behind. They look so horrible when you have tons scattered all over your face. And most of the time its also a sign that your on Accutane. I've had a few people come up to me and say "Your on accutane eh, my face used to be like yours, dont worry it will clear up." It's as if Accutane does this to get Company Market Exposure. Aloe Vera Lotion has helped quite a bit making the red spots more of a lighter pinkish color. Also just to add, your weight is close to mine. I weigh about 152lbs and am on a dose of 60mg.

UPDATE: Week 8 -- 2 Months on Accutane.

This last month has probably been the best month for me. All my original acne dissapeared including that nasty ass cyst. Everyweek i get about 2 more accutane related pimples on my face, but they go away quickly. I am very suprised to how well i have cleared. My whole entire face is flat, and it doesnt hurt at all to shave any more. My 3rd derm appointment is on the 20th of this month, she is gonna be so suprised when she sees my face because she was going to inject that shit in to the cyst this next visit. Im basically struggling with RED MARKS at the moment but aloe vera is attacking them very well.

I did break out preety bad on my upper back. I just hope none go on my tattoo - knock on wood.

Side Effects: This month besides the usual dry lips and dry face, my nostrils began to get very very dry. Also my eyes started to get dry. I got this vaseline stuff to rub on the inner part of the nostril and i got Eye Drops to help with the dryness. The back pain is a sometime thing, all depends how i stand or sit.

Take Care and show your acne who's boss! :X

Week 9

Well today was my 3rd Derm Appointment. It went alright. She was happy to see that all my cysts and acne have dissapeared. So now im just left with these awful redmarks. She assured me that they would fade, but she also told me that it takes longer for them to fade when ur on accutane. As soon as my treatment is done, then they will begin to fade faster according to her. I told her that ive been using that St. Ives Aloe Vera lotion stuff, and she said that it was okay to use. She doesnt recommend using VITAMIN E though, because it clogs up your pores even if it says non-comedo : so keep that in mind when using lotions.

When i started accutane i only weighed 145lbs, and now im about 152. So she had to increase my dose to 80mg from 60mg. Im just scared i dont break out too bad with this difference. I dont think i will because im 2 months in now, and all my acne is gone.

She told me that my blood test report was very good and that she wont need to see me for 2 months. So my next appointment is on March 9/2004. She also told me that i will be on accutane for only 3 more months instead of 4 - so that cheered me up. I guess cause my acne is finally dissapearing. So ya i guess things are good, I just gotta give my skin some time.

If anyone has any questions, im happy to help.

Ive been using a moisturizer with Vitiman e in, i might now consider switching to one without... is the one your on good at stimulating skin re-generation do u know?

regards,

Thunderbolt

I just at infront of my calender and did my calculations. The last pill of accutane that will enter my blood stream will be on May 4th. A total of 5 months. So hopefully by then i will be 100% clear. All i ahve are redmarks right now, and im preety sure they will fade a fair amount by then.

no. i started November 20th.

so i finish at the beginning of May

You started January

So you will finish mid June.