Find results in...
Mandy Ann

EMU VS JOJOBA

Emu VS jojoba  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer

• Emu Oil
    • Jojoba Oil

i have been using emu oil for about two months now..i love it its a great moisturiser, especially after exfolition. a little bit goes a long way and unless you use too much it sinks right in without being too greasy. i use a generous amount at night and just a drop for day time use. i have never used jojoba oil though so i cant compare the two.

I sometimes find that Jojoba oil gives me a few white-heads, generally speaking they are very small, and right at the surface of the skin, so that can easily be removed, I using Jojoba oil a few times a week is best, rather than a few times a day.

i already try both oil. yes when i started using the jojoba oil, i got few small white head. but they go really fast.

after that my skin looks good & hardly to get breakout. after my jojoba oil runs out, i tried the emu oil because I saw someone said that emu oil is better than jojoba oil. but i think its just work as moisturizer & help to soften your skin.

really doesn't help with acne. so i stop using it and back with jojoba oil.

btw, if you dont have acne anymore & want to find something that can improve your red marks and scarring - emu oil is the right choice.

& if you still fighting acne problem, at the same time you want improve your red marks and meaby scarring- jojoba oil is the right choice. :)

I like jojoba since it's from a plant source, not animal. And I think that a product I used that had emu oil (I didn't know this at the time) may have caused some random facial hair growth... so that really put me off of emu oil!!

I've tried leaving jojoba on my face throughout the day but it broke me out... maybe just an initial reaction. But I mix a few drops with my cleanser now, since it's a bit of a drying cleanser, and it works great! If you have any cleanser/moisturizer that is too dry, a few drops of jojoba does wonders.

I am currently using Emu Oil bc my skin is sooo dry and I love it. It really improves your skin's suppleness, making it so soft and even toned. After it runs out I will give Jojoba just bc I hear to much about it and it comes in a much bigger bottle. I haven't noticed a huge difference in my red marks but I've only been using it for like a week (had it for months tho lol) but it is def. something worth buying especially if you are using BP in this harsh weather. Works better then a moisturizer alone.

The two oils really aren't comparable, since they are mainly used for different things. Jojoba is a popular oil used by people of all skin types because it has a low comedogenic profile and dissolves sebum while simultaneously mimicking it to balance the oil production of your skin and effectively moisturize it.

Emu oil on the other hand, I have found, is celebrated at being somewhat of a miracle oil. People use it for all sorts of things! It is highly penetrating and is excellent for people whom's skin does not absorb oil well and this also makes it a fantastic carrier oil to help deliver whatever other oils you are using (like more concentrated essential oils). A popular use for emu oil is for its regenerative properties that help diminish scars and uneven skin tone! For the purpose of red marks and more even skin tone in general, emu oil is indicated.

yes it does. that's why i use 1-2 drops of jojoba oil at the morning and rub it until it absorb well.

but at night, i use 4-5 drops. & sometime jojoba oil has purging period for some people because it help to bring out all dirt in our skin, usually in the first or second week. but after the purging over, you'll have great skin and free of acne. if you want better result, mix it with tea tree oil. it works wonder for me & im really clear from breakouts now. :dance: