Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pockgirl

Having 5th Fraxel done today!

It's now approximately 4 months since my first ever Fraxel and I can REALLY see the difference. I would urge all those of you who have mild to moderate depressed scarring to consider fraxel. After 8 years of trying scar treatments I've finally found a solution.

That is wonderful to hear Pockgirl~

What other treatments have you tried besides Fraxel? How soon would you say that you considered the improvements in your scarring to be attributed to actual collagen growth and not micro-swelling? Finally, what type of Fraxel laser did you use, what were the settings and how long did you go between treatments?

Sorry for all the questions, but as I go through the same process, I definitely want to replicate what you have done, since your treatments have yielded great results for you.

I am so happy for you(:

Good luck today and keep us posted! :wavey:

Annde

Congrats it worked for you, you wouldnt have any before after pics would you? silly question sorry. The other side of the coin is it hasnt worked for countless others including myself judging by numerous posts on spectacular skin and voy forums. The process is safe enough but overpriced and overhyped at present and may eventually be superseeded by ablative fractional resurfacing with Co2 laser which is in the early stages of experimentation. Certainly worth a shot for less than 500 dollars a pop perhaps not worth the 1000 dollars a pop some are charging. Good Luck.

Melisconca,

I am sorry that Fraxel did not work for you. I am having my second one tomorrow and I am praying that I am one of the lucky ones. What type of scarring do you have? How many treatments did you have? How long ago was your last Fraxel? Was it Fraxel 1 or 2? What were your levels? I hope you don't mind my asking, but I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks so much!

Annde

It's now approximately 4 months since my first ever Fraxel and I can REALLY see the difference. I would urge all those of you who have mild to moderate depressed scarring to consider fraxel. After 8 years of trying scar treatments I've finally found a solution.

Glad to hear this! I just had my 4th one yesterday and in 3 weeks I will have my 5th. I can't wait!

Could you post your settings and which fraxel you used? Thanks!

I have only had the first kind of Fraxel and he usually gets me up to between 14 and 20

I'm not sure about number of passes but the whole process (not including the anaesthetic and dye) takes approx half an hour.

I will have before and after photos from my derm once my treatment is finished.

Incidentally - he did a punch excision on 2 ice pick scars after my fraxel yesterday and found an enormous cyst under the skin! the scars had been there for 10 years and I wondered why they were still weeping puss from time to time!