Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright I love my signature minerals to death but with my red marks it doesn't cover shit, literately I almost cried this morning because it wouldn't cover (I’m so emo), so I finally just gave up and put on my Revlon colorstay and set it with a light thing of SM. I looked pretty good cept my large pores came through later in the day. Anyway do you think it's a bad idea to do that? Should I switch to a tinted moisturizer? And if so which brand is best and covers well. Or is there a better liquid foundation I should use? If you're going to look at this at least give me some ideas. I've heard some things about Lancôme foundation.

if you're looking for something from Walmart, i know Mandy used to swear by Revlon Colorstay (before she switched to Physicians Formula MMU). i think iceboi uses (or used) it too? i tried it once, and it was decent coverage-wise.

personally i've never had success with a drugstore makeup, probably mostly due to the fact that i can almost NEVER find my shade (super fair) there. i did find a L'Oreal True Match that worked colorwise, but it was way too sheer.

I like the L'oreal liquid foundations.

I use either Ideal Balance or Infallible. I can't say if they clog pores or not though. The True Match one isn't thick enough to cover red marks. Infallible covers the best but it kind of gets oily after a few hours and needs to be blotted.

Alright I love my signature minerals to death but with my red marks it doesn't cover shit, literately I almost cried this morning because it wouldn't cover (I’m so emo), so I finally just gave up and put on my Revlon colorstay and set it with a light thing of SM. I looked pretty good cept my large pores came through later in the day. Anyway do you think it's a bad idea to do that? Should I switch to a tinted moisturizer? And if so which brand is best and covers well. Or is there a better liquid foundation I should use? If you're going to look at this at least give me some ideas. I've heard some things about Lancôme foundation.

a friend of mine used to use the whipped/mousse foundations. i imagine they cover well because its so thick. just sayin..

I use the new colorstay, I really like it. I also don't like MMU, a friend of mine did it for me once and just made my pores look larger and that's one of my worst bug bears.

I like the L'oreal liquid foundations.

I use either Ideal Balance or Infallible. I can't say if they clog pores or not though. The True Match one isn't thick enough to cover red marks. Infallible covers the best but it kind of gets oily after a few hours and needs to be blotted.

yea the Loreal foundations are pretty good. I used loreal true match for nearly a year and it was good for me. Covered well. (but alot of people say its sheer. Not for me. :shrug: )

Revlon Colorstay was good until I got tired of it... it has SPF 6 which is something good for your skin, provides good coverage (you build it) and really lasts a long time on your face, through the day. It doesn't stain clothes and it's price is really good. It gave my skin a nice finish, but I don't think it was as nice enough as I wanted it to be (some pores looked rough), so that's why I switched to Lancome Teint Idole Ultra... which has worked great until now!! it has SPF 10, lasts a long time on face, and gives me a more perfect finish. So I recommend those two, if you can't afford Lancome then go for revlon colorstay...

I really kind of hate MMU, so I'm all about the Revlon Colorstay with Softflex. I have some Covergirl Tru-Blend that I've been meaning to try, and I've heard good things about that as well. :)

Pure maybelliene make up is really nice , i use it as a primer though..because its soo light and it evens my skin tone and covers a little , it even healed my acne alot..and my redness has reduced from using it few times , half of it made of water so maybe thats why.

I use Almay clearing blemishes make up , soothes skin and doesnt break me out at all , and it gives great coverage.

I don't think people are so much advertising MMU, it's just that we were staunch users of other make-up (Colorstay and Neutro Skin Clearing here) before and have wonderful results and better skin with our minerals :). I won't touch liquid ever again, just due to knowing what that ingredients list is all about. I never tried Maybelline Pure, but it sounds the "safest" to me. For what it's worth, I think Signature Minerals are crap, I got the least coverage from them out of all the ones I tried. Joppa and AN =the best thus far with Ocean mist and everyday minerals my runners-up. I couldn't find my match with Joppa, OM has talc, and everyday makes me oily, but has the best color ranges so looks better anyways. I'm just now mastering my AN samples and I think they will be my new make-up.

I don't think people are so much advertising MMU, it's just that we were staunch users of other make-up (Colorstay and Neutro Skin Clearing here) before and have wonderful results and better skin with our minerals :). I won't touch liquid ever again, just due to knowing what that ingredients list is all about. I never tried Maybelline Pure, but it sounds the "safest" to me. For what it's worth, I think Signature Minerals are crap, I got the least coverage from them out of all the ones I tried. Joppa and AN =the best thus far with Ocean mist and everyday minerals my runners-up. I couldn't find my match with Joppa, OM has talc, and everyday makes me oily, but has the best color ranges so looks better anyways. I'm just now mastering my AN samples and I think they will be my new make-up.

For a liquid foundation I think Origins is pretty good. I current use the Origins Reflection Porefection foundation. It gives me great coverage. I am getting tired of liquid foundation though, and I might be switching to mineral.

yea the Loreal foundations are pretty good. I used loreal true match for nearly a year and it was good for me. Covered well. (but alot of people say its sheer. Not for me. :shrug: )

Couldn't you blend anything you want? I've mixed foundations into another bottle to get a perfect color... you can give that a try. Your skin color sounds GORGEOUS, by the way, I'm in love with any color that isn't mine. :lol:

If your thinking to give MMU another try , try Aubreynicole mineral make up , it covered my redmarks very well and even my pimples.

I tried SM before and it was good but didnt cover my redmarks as well , but AN did and i love it.