Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

why is it everytime i get out of the shower my face is always dry on both sides of my jaw even tho i use cetaphil moisturizer alott the night before i could use the whole thing and both sides of my jaw or face are always dry and flaky but my skin iss sooo oily extreamly oily like 30 mins after i take a shower my face is oozing out the oil it just doesnt make since on why my face is dry and flaky after my shower considering how much i moisturize. should i consider using less moisturiser or should i think about buying a new one or what any help is greatly appreciated

moisturizing doesnt help. It just masks the problem.

When you moisturize, you are hydrating dead skin cells that need to go off the face.

If you have oily skin, then just exfoliate one night to get rid off the stuff on your face and then just wash 2 times a day with a non residue/non oily cleanser.

i wouldn tmoisturize if my face wasnt flaky but everytime i get out of the shower its flaky and it doesnt make since cus i havent used topicals there in a year so im like wtff i would deff stop moisturizing but i look like an idoit when ive got flakes on my face idk how to get rid of it not unless just not moisturizing for a couple of days and my skin might just take care of its self