Notifications
Clear all

Sea water helped me!!

MemberMember
(@lexia)

Posted : 01/03/2007 8:07 am

I went on a two week holiday, WITH MY PARENTS (at age 21) ... only to give the beach water a go since i prefer to take the natural approach. I visited the beach pretty much eveyday and here's the results it gave me....

I'd splash water on my face several times while in there, and thankfully there werent huge waves which allowed me to float on my stomach and just dunk my face in the water as long as i could, rubbing it. I exposed my face to the sun for once - i usually hide under make-up which is why my face was always more pale than the rest of my body, now its pretty even :)

Umm, im on roaccutane (month 4) and i never wore sunblock. There was a point where my red marks were BURNT and were dark red along with the rest of my skin hehe, but it went down after a few days and the marks just faded more n more each day. When i came home to compare with the pictures i took before i left i was amazed, i didnt know they faded thaaat much. I havnt worn make-up since early dec.. that too contributed and i HOPE i continue not wearing it.. unless im going out somewhere special! Ive never been with my boyfriend without make-up, even before my huge break out in july...untill NOW! i feel so good, i feel so fresh and i love the feel of wearing nothing - letting my face breathe for once!

I intend to visit the beach at least 2 times a week, hopefully..

Tane runs out end of this week, need to get more boxes!!! if my acne comes back before my next appointment OR the derm doesnt issue me any... im gonna start burrrning things!! heheh.

post-47474-1167829592_thumb.jpg

post-47474-1167829592_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@ritte)

Posted : 01/03/2007 8:33 am

Congrats !

Really amazing,when I was in spain past summer the sea-water faded my red marks.But when My sun-tan was gone you could see them again.

But when I look at you pictures I can see that your skin isn't darker so I hope that they have faded for real !

:)

MemberMember
(@lexia)

Posted : 01/03/2007 8:47 am

Congrats !

Really amazing,when I was in spain past summer the sea-water faded my red marks.But when My sun-tan was gone you could see them again.

But when I look at you pictures I can see that your skin isn't darker so I hope that they have faded for real !

:)

MemberMember
(@castro)

Posted : 01/03/2007 9:08 am

Wow, that's pretty crazy. Never expected that from sea water! So you did it everyday? for two weeks? was it wash morning, and afternoon? What was your sched

MemberMember
(@lexia)

Posted : 01/03/2007 9:26 am

Wow, that's pretty crazy. Never expected that from sea water! So you did it everyday? for two weeks? was it wash morning, and afternoon? What was your sched
MemberMember
(@jc83-2)

Posted : 01/03/2007 4:09 pm

OMG......what a HUGE improvement!

Great Job!

MemberMember
(@socold)

Posted : 01/03/2007 4:42 pm

You have beautiful eyes, I didn't even notice the acne at first!

Thanks for the tip. :)

MemberMember
(@mon3y)

Posted : 01/03/2007 5:19 pm

Wow... Thats Amazing To bad i dont live by a damn Beach

MemberMember
(@miamiii)

Posted : 01/03/2007 5:52 pm

heyy..

that is awesome.. i have a question kind of.. I live in Miami but go to college in PA...I know for a fact the sun is the best thing for me and the beaches.. but since i have gone to college in the cold i started to get bad skin i hate it.. every time i come back to miami and go to the beaches everything goes away.. but i got it really bad after this year going back to college.. I am in miami right now for 1 and a half more weeks.. I have alot of red marks left and one or two pimples sorry to say.. but do you think i should go to the beach?? i have tried to avoid it cause my derm told me to because i am on accutane and bp gel.... I am just kinda scared what if they make all my marks darker .. and i dont know what the real result will be

MemberMember
(@rekluse)

Posted : 01/03/2007 6:01 pm

why did i ever move away from the beach

MemberMember
(@ttack)

Posted : 01/03/2007 6:06 pm

i have to say you look really good

MemberMember
(@lexia)

Posted : 01/03/2007 7:33 pm

heyy..

that is awesome.. i have a question kind of.. I live in Miami but go to college in PA...I know for a fact the sun is the best thing for me and the beaches.. but since i have gone to college in the cold i started to get bad skin i hate it.. every time i come back to miami and go to the beaches everything goes away.. but i got it really bad after this year going back to college.. I am in miami right now for 1 and a half more weeks.. I have alot of red marks left and one or two pimples sorry to say.. but do you think i should go to the beach?? i have tried to avoid it cause my derm told me to because i am on accutane and bp gel.... I am just kinda scared what if they make all my marks darker .. and i dont know what the real result will be

MemberMember
(@lexia)

Posted : 01/03/2007 7:37 pm

Wow... Thats Amazing To bad i dont live by a damn Beach
MemberMember
(@miamiii)

Posted : 01/03/2007 9:01 pm

So you already know the beach water works for you, but ur on accutane? well.. im on accutane too (4th month) and my derm told me to wear lotta sunblock on my body n face due to the drug "drying u out". I didnt get much of the dryness (just bit of chapped lips) so i just took a risk cause i know salt water from the beach does wonders. Whats ur skin like now? when u go in sun does it feel irritated after a short time? if so i would avoid the sun (not sunblock, but wear hat to give the face shade and a shirt to cover the body) and just go into the water and do ur thang! sunblock on the face wouldnt allow ur face to be cleansed thoroughly enuff as it would be bare. If ur like me and the sun dznt get to u that much then expose urself to the sun everytime u get out of the water for like 20 mins, on n off bit by bit everyday. Derm's just tend to stick to the 'rules' but u know ur skin best!

What if ur marks get darker? mine turned MAROON heheh, pretty dark causem y face got lil burnt, and i though oh oh... but as my face slowly started getting that tanned look, my marks became less red. If ur worried ur skin would be diff to mine, just dont stay in the sun like i did. I only got burnt like that cause my face was in the sun for like 1.5 hrs in 30deg hehe . But i do believe its the water and sun together that did the trick, just get more water and less sun :)

Also wat i did was... once id swim, alternate with sun and shade a lil... go back to the place we were staying at across the street and i wouldnt have a shower for like 2 hrs, id wait it out. U know when u get out of the water u see all that salt on ur body? looks dry but it just salt? well i prefer leavin that on my face and i just put moisturiser on top b4 having shower.. then when i get out of the shower id slab on alot of moisturiser - keeping the face moist is important with redmarks.

I was a lil concerned cause i felt like i was overwashing my face : Morning wash, beach wash, another shower etc.. but turned out OK.

Ok i just blabbed on there, im off to go sit in the sun for couple mins since i gots no work for a while. i'd rather go beach but i dont drive...!! DAMMIT!! im going tomorrow though if its nice weather

MemberMember
(@lexia)

Posted : 01/04/2007 12:56 am

So you already know the beach water works for you, but ur on accutane? well.. im on accutane too (4th month) and my derm told me to wear lotta sunblock on my body n face due to the drug "drying u out". I didnt get much of the dryness (just bit of chapped lips) so i just took a risk cause i know salt water from the beach does wonders. Whats ur skin like now? when u go in sun does it feel irritated after a short time? if so i would avoid the sun (not sunblock, but wear hat to give the face shade and a shirt to cover the body) and just go into the water and do ur thang! sunblock on the face wouldnt allow ur face to be cleansed thoroughly enuff as it would be bare. If ur like me and the sun dznt get to u that much then expose urself to the sun everytime u get out of the water for like 20 mins, on n off bit by bit everyday. Derm's just tend to stick to the 'rules' but u know ur skin best!

What if ur marks get darker? mine turned MAROON heheh, pretty dark causem y face got lil burnt, and i though oh oh... but as my face slowly started getting that tanned look, my marks became less red. If ur worried ur skin would be diff to mine, just dont stay in the sun like i did. I only got burnt like that cause my face was in the sun for like 1.5 hrs in 30deg hehe . But i do believe its the water and sun together that did the trick, just get more water and less sun :)

Also wat i did was... once id swim, alternate with sun and shade a lil... go back to the place we were staying at across the street and i wouldnt have a shower for like 2 hrs, id wait it out. U know when u get out of the water u see all that salt on ur body? looks dry but it just salt? well i prefer leavin that on my face and i just put moisturiser on top b4 having shower.. then when i get out of the shower id slab on alot of moisturiser - keeping the face moist is important with redmarks.

I was a lil concerned cause i felt like i was overwashing my face : Morning wash, beach wash, another shower etc.. but turned out OK.

Ok i just blabbed on there, im off to go sit in the sun for couple mins since i gots no work for a while. i'd rather go beach but i dont drive...!! DAMMIT!! im going tomorrow though if its nice weather

I was in the sun my whole life .. cause i am from cali and live in miami.. I PRACTICED 5 hours a day in the sun before a couple months ago when i got to colllege and started to get really bad skin.. I only started breaking out once i went to Pennsylvania : ( I know it is because of the cold and i hate it... Now i definitly have the marks you use to have and some pimples it is soo horrible : (..... I have been in Miami since the thanksgiving break avoiding the sun because the derm said to.. but I know the sun is the best for me.... I am just scared about all my marks turning really dark : ( and i only have a week and a half to go back to college to the cold.. I use to never have to put anything on my face or worry about any acne what so ever living in miami from being in the sun and never even heard about moisturizers.. was a model and everything now my skin is just horrible : (.. atleast i am on accutane but just in the middle of month two.. My skin color is tan .. and i tan easily, like if i go into the sun for a couple of minutes I get tanned haha.. i dont know how i am going to be with sunblock on .. but thanks for the tip with moisturizers and red marks!.. any ways for the beach question.. it is up to you if i got or not ?? just say yes or no ..but i am leaning on going to the beach anywys.. just dont want those marks i mentioned to become dark

MemberMember
(@fut)

Posted : 01/04/2007 4:27 am

Your results are excellent. Well done!

About how long would you dunk your face in the sea water to rub it in? How many times would you do this a day?

MemberMember
(@lexia)

Posted : 01/04/2007 5:29 am

Your results are excellent. Well done!

About how long would you dunk your face in the sea water to rub it in? How many times would you do this a day?

MemberMember
(@jaxin)

Posted : 01/04/2007 5:37 am

You have beautiful eyes, I didn't even notice the acne at first!

Thanks for the tip. :)

MemberMember
(@lexia)

Posted : 01/04/2007 6:43 am

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww *cuddles* heheh

MemberMember
(@markymark)

Posted : 01/04/2007 3:48 pm

were your redmarks fairly new or have they been there awhile? or were they active acne?

MemberMember
(@user15978)

Posted : 01/04/2007 8:21 pm

CONGRATS wat an improvement. Like the question above, did u have active acne or were they red marks. WOW look how much they have faded in 2 weeks. =]

MemberMember
(@lexia)

Posted : 01/05/2007 12:17 am

were your redmarks fairly new or have they been there awhile? or were they active acne?
MemberMember
(@laura123)

Posted : 01/05/2007 3:34 pm

Wow, great improvement, especially around your chin area. Your skin looks plumper and healthier too, a nice sheen to it!

MemberMember
(@yellowjello)

Posted : 01/05/2007 10:47 pm

do you get new red marks? or you completely stopped getting active acne

MemberMember
(@jackiechan24)

Posted : 01/05/2007 11:15 pm

skin looks much better!

not only does it look like theyve faded, but that theyve healed or something...cant explain it. congrats and hope they get even better.