Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know your skin is super sensitive during treatment and you're supposed to pamper your skin while on accutane but...is it ok to get facials while on accutane? I'm guessing no, but I was thinking it would help put some moisture into your skin.

I obviously haven't started my treatment yet. I'm just nervous and have some questions.

Thanks

I don't think you are supposed to. I'm sure a non-abrasive home treatment facial wouldn't be a bad idea. But yes, your skin is quite sensitive.

my aunt is an esthetician... she used to work in germany and over here she does acne facials on me all the time.

i haven't gone to see her since i've started accutane..mainly because I haven't needed to :D

But i think a regular facial would be ok... as long as u let the esthetician know that your skin is super sensitive so that they don't use any acidic and alcoholly stuff on you :)

I know your skin is super sensitive during treatment and you're supposed to pamper your skin while on accutane but...is it ok to get facials while on accutane? I'm guessing no, but I was thinking it would help put some moisture into your skin.

I obviously haven't started my treatment yet. I'm just nervous and have some questions.

Thanks

My derm actually prescribed acne facials for me during my course. I've had them monthly, since I started tane. The esthetician does extractions...although this last appt, she had almost zilch to remove. She commented on how clear my skin was. When I started seeing her, I had a ton of milia and papules.

I have had no problem with healing or my face feeling too fragile for the treatments. Just make sure if you get one, to go to an esthetician like mine...she works in my derms office and has been educated on accutane and its effects on the skin.