Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Like me, more and more people are using Vitamin b5 to cure their acne. Below is some useful information that I’ve gathered from my experiences.

How it works

The main acne causing factor is oily skin! Vitamin B5 regulates your oil producing glands to a normal level, similar to acutane without the severe side effects.

The reason too much oil is being released has to do with the lipids and fatty acid deposits underneath the skin not getting broken down and re-circulated into the bloodstream. Instead they are being released as sebum (oil). What enables our body to break down these fatty acids is directly related to an enzyme called coenzyme A, which is an essential enzyme to the body and is used for fatty acid metabolism.

When there is enough Vitamin B5 available in the diet, the deficiency in coenzyme A is eliminated. As a result, a person's fatty acids get broken down and the skin doesn't over release oil. Without the over releasing of oil, acne does not occur.

Where to get Vitamin B5

I’ve been using vitamin B5 for three years and over that time, I’ve tried all the different types. The body absorbs B5 powder better than B5 tablets, meaning only three dosages a day of powder is needed compared with tablets which requires 4 dosages a day. Powder gives me better results and I’ve been using SkinB5. SkinB5 is a flavoured powder plus its far cheaper than other products. http://www.skinb5.com

Dosage

According to Dr Lit-hungs Leungs medical study 10grms a day is required to effectively treat acne. From my experience this is true! Originally I tried using 5 grms a day, however the results were poor. I quickly started taking 10grms a day, and I noticed the results within two days.

Possible Side Effects

The good thing about B5 is that it doesn't really have many side effects. Here is what most people have reported:

-Stomach irritation

-Mild or severe diarrhea

Personally, I had some stomach grumbling for the first few days. I went poop frequently, and farted a lot. But this pretty much went away after 5 days. It is VERY GOOD to take your B5 with food. This will minimize diarrhea or stomach troubles.

B5 is water-soluble, so it is impossible to overdose on it. It is very, very safe. I read that it might not be the best idea to take it while pregnant or breast feeding.

Like me, more and more people are using Vitamin b5 to cure their acne. Below is some useful information that I’ve gathered from my experiences.

How it works

The main acne causing factor is oily skin! Vitamin B5 regulates your oil producing glands to a normal level, similar to acutane without the severe side effects.

The reason too much oil is being released has to do with the lipids and fatty acid deposits underneath the skin not getting broken down and re-circulated into the bloodstream. Instead they are being released as sebum (oil). What enables our body to break down these fatty acids is directly related to an enzyme called coenzyme A, which is an essential enzyme to the body and is used for fatty acid metabolism.

When there is enough Vitamin B5 available in the diet, the deficiency in coenzyme A is eliminated. As a result, a person's fatty acids get broken down and the skin doesn't over release oil. Without the over releasing of oil, acne does not occur.

Where to get Vitamin B5

I’ve been using vitamin B5 for three years and over that time, I’ve tried all the different types. The body absorbs B5 powder better than B5 tablets, meaning only three dosages a day of powder is needed compared with tablets which requires 4 dosages a day. Powder gives me better results and I’ve been using SkinB5. SkinB5 is a flavoured powder plus its far cheaper than other products. http://www.skinb5.com

Dosage

According to Dr Lit-hungs Leungs medical study 10grms a day is required to effectively treat acne. From my experience this is true! Originally I tried using 5 grms a day, however the results were poor. I quickly started taking 10grms a day, and I noticed the results within two days.

Possible Side Effects

The good thing about B5 is that it doesn't really have many side effects. Here is what most people have reported:

-Stomach irritation

-Mild or severe diarrhea

Personally, I had some stomach grumbling for the first few days. I went poop frequently, and farted a lot. But this pretty much went away after 5 days. It is VERY GOOD to take your B5 with food. This will minimize diarrhea or stomach troubles.

B5 is water-soluble, so it is impossible to overdose on it. It is very, very safe. I read that it might not be the best idea to take it while pregnant or breast feeding.

Thanks for the information. How many grams are in the SKINB5 product? Thanks!

Yep, B5 is the way to go.

I just wish more people had the courage to take 10g straight away rather than trying a lower dosage first. Cos it takes 10g per day to kick start your system into sorting your acne out once and for all!

Be brave everyone, take 10g per day and you'll notice improvements so much quicker! :D

Hmmm I remember reading that Dan took B5 and it seemed to make his skin oiler, and apparently didn't help him at all. He probably just took the actual vitamin. But this stuff has worked for both of you? So you put in a scoop of the powder in how many ounces of water/juice? It also says you can put in 3 scoops and mix it with water.juice and drink it throughout the day. If I were to do that, how many ounces of water would I need? I hope not too much cause it's hard for me to drink a lot of fluids. Apparently there's 5 grams of b5 in each serving. On the site it says to see optimal results, 15 grams of SkinB5 acne treatment is required per day. I don't know if I could handle the laxative effect it gives you. Warney25, it went away for you in 5 days? How about you little miss? On the site it says it could last for the first 1-2 months. I'm also scared of the possible stomach irritation. Whoa wait.. This stuff is expensive. $29.95 a bottle plus $14.95 for shipping to the US? for a 20 day supply. What are they nuts? There's no way I would pay that much. Now if I was only taking 10 grams a day it would be a 30 day supply. $45 a month would still be costly. I would probably feel as if I should get 4 bottles or more just to save on the shipping. Warney do you just use b5 or do you have a regimen that you follow as well? Tomorrow will be 3 weeks that I've been on the Dan Kern Regimen, and my face just seems to have gotten worse. a tube of the bp gel i get from this site only lasts me like a week and a half cause one finger full of bp is not nearly enough to cover my whole face. So that gets costly as well. Would this be effective enough on it's own?

I don't use the powder, i use the tablets. They're easier to take than the nasty tasting powder! A box of tablets lasted me around a month when i first started using them (cos you have take 7 tabs 3 times a day to start) and they cost me around £24 inclusing shipping. Although it sounds a lot to pay each month, the results are worth it, and when you are clear you can take less and they last longer.

As for the BP, may i recommend Oxy on the Spot which you can get at any chemist/pharmacy (2.5%). I used Dans and it broke me out big time. But oxy on the spot has always worked wonders with me.

I use Vitacure as my B5 supplier (www.b5clearskin.com) and it cleared me totally after about 4-5 months. You have to be patient with B5, some people find it clears them in a few weeks, for others it takes months, but it WILL clear you.

I tried this for a while. At first I thought it was working really well, and my skin stayed clear for a few months. Unfortunately I got lazy and stupid and stopped and acne eventually came back.

Subsequent attempts, with same pills etc have been unsuccessful. So good luck, and if it works, keep with it.

I tried this for a while. At first I thought it was working really well, and my skin stayed clear for a few months. Unfortunately I got lazy and stupid and stopped and acne eventually came back.

Subsequent attempts, with same pills etc have been unsuccessful. So good luck, and if it works, keep with it.

I also stopped taking the pills and the acne returned, and second time around I nearly gave up cos the acne wasn't clearing at all. But it DID clear eventually, it took twice as long though. Perhaps you didn't give it long enough?

g'day guys...just started reading alot about this B5 thing and I'm to have ordered some of that from Skinb5.

I was previously on Roaccutane 3 years ago and tried topical cream called - Steiva A Topical cream, which worked for the first 6months, but since starting Gym to put on some muscles the ACNE has come back and leaving alot of red marks on my face since I've stopped using the cream, which takes very long to fade away. I think its due to fact that Steiva A Cream has made my face more sensitive I believe...anybody used this cream and Experience the same problem?, sorry to go off the topic here.

I'm awaiting for my B5 powders to arrive, I'm hoping this will work for me too...otherwise I'm considering to jump back on to Roaccutane again

I'm seeing the Derm in the next couple of days and will ask him about b5 :redface:

well in theory it does work, however, research shows effective acne treatment with 80% administered orally and the other 20% given topically (as a gel i would assume)

thing is, iv looked for a B5 gel, but cant find one:S

So fitting, did you start off with 10g of b5? how long have you been on b5?

I'm planning on going with 2g of b5 powder for the first 3 days and then jump on 10g after that for 3 months. And if it works i'll reduce my dosage to 1g or 2g.

fingers crossed!

Good luck! I've used B5 to clear my severe acne in the past.

After I stopped, the acne still didn't come back. Only recently, have I gotten breakouts again and have started back on B5. I'm about 80% clear from a week of B5.

After I stopped, the acne still didn't come back. Only recently, have I gotten breakouts again and have started back on B5. I'm about 80% clear from a week of B5.

i hear only but good things about b5 should i get my hopes up even slightly?

I'm planning on going with 2g of b5 powder for the first 3 days and then jump on 10g after that for 3 months. And if it works i'll reduce my dosage to 1g or 2g.

fingers crossed!

I am confused, why do you want to start with a low dosage? You should start on 10g straight away, its not gonna send your insides crazy or anthing, its a vitamin. And when you do get clear DO NOT reduce to 1 or 2g straight away, reduce gradually else you will break out again. Good luck.

i hear only but good things about b5 should i get my hopes up even slightly?

Yes you should. B5 is fantastic if you follow the guidelines to dosage, if you don't then you are setting yourself up for a fall.

fingers crossed!

I am confused, why do you want to start with a low dosage? You should start on 10g straight away, its not gonna send your insides crazy or anthing, its a vitamin. And when you do get clear DO NOT reduce to 1 or 2g straight away, reduce gradually else you will break out again. Good luck.

I was reading from this web - http://www.vitaminb5acne.com/, it said;

Take about 2gr B5 for the first 3 days.

Take about 10gr B5 for the 3 months or until acne is clear.

Slowly drop the dose to the lowest dose which is still effective in your body. This differs from person to person. Drop for example 1gr per week.

But i'll probably take 10g on the frist day, gues it won't kill me :dance:

I'll keep an update on how I go with b5 if anyones interested..

thanks lil miss