Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brad0707

whats the best spot treat?

well im basically done with picking!!! been doing it for 4 years and have multiple scars from it.

but since i been pretty much clear i decided to leave my face aLONe

but once in a while ill get a cyst or pimple.

whats the best thing to put on it?

some products i have.

1. BP

2. Aloe vera

3. ACV

4. a couple face masks exp. Mint Julep

5. Neosporin

i really like the proactiv pore refining mask as a spot/overnight treatment. it's a sulfur-based treatment and i find it works better than BP spot treatments, but it's far less irritating. the other proactiv products were a disappointment for me, but i still use the sulfur stuff for zit emergencies.

also, see my post about using aspirin on your face. i haven't tried it as a spot treatment (i use it as a mask), but i hear it's great for spot treating as well.

I recommend this new product.

Its called Wet and Wild Spot Treatment.

Dont be fooled by the name.

This is a great lotion for getting rid of acne and redmarks.

It uses top of the line incredients.

It uses 2% Salicylic Acid, Green Tea, Aloe, Nobilis Flower, Tee Tree Leaf Oil,

Cucumber, Algae Extract, Licorice Root and Witch hazel.

They sell this in Walgreens and Rite Aid.

This may be too extreme for some people, but I used a bit of 100% tea tree oil, the best thing I've used on a spot.

Oh, I'm also a fan of the proactiv mask, and I hate to admit it, but I have considered buying the proactiv set again even though I know it won't work. :doubt:

I used to use the Murad Spot Treatment (sulfur based), but now I use the Joesoef Skin Care Spot Cream (also sulfur based) because it is much cheaper. It came in the Joesoef Anti-Acne kit that i bought. Now that my acne has cleared from the Joesoef Acne kit, I use the spot treatment, and sometimes their Acne Lotion as well to spot treat at night. Great stuff, and it is a vanishing formula, unlike the proactive mask (which I also used to use). I definitely suggest you check it out!