Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tabasco

for how long is bp effective?

For how long is bp effective, after it is applied i mean. The reason i ask this is i'm going to start using bp on my back again because i want my back to be clear and redmark free by the time i go on vacation this winter. If i apply the bp in the morning after the shower, but dont shower at night, is it effective for the whole 24 hours that it is on? If not, would apply bp later in the night help, w/o washing though, only re-applying. I'm too lazy to take 2 showers a day, and being a college student by the end of the day i'm too beat to do anything, washing my face is hard enough... so does anyone have an answer to this? or any experience treating back acne w/bp and how often they applied, thanks

Studies show that the acne bacteria is at minimal levels for a full 24 hours after bp application. However, from my experience with myself and others, twice daily application works better. Why would this be the case? Well, since they don't even know what causes acne or how exactly bp treats it, it is hard to say. I could venture a guess that it is the other properties that bp possesses other than its anti-bacterial properties that makes the difference.

-Dan