Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SoCold

Sugar Free Snacks?

Does anyone know any good ideas for sugar free snacks?

Preferably snacks that are relatively easy to prepare ( <15 minutes).

Thanks!!

Peanut Butter Cookies

4 Tbsp. Butter

1/2 C. Natural Peanut butter

3/4 C. Granulated Splenda

1 Egg

1/2 Tsp. vanilla

3/4 C Almond flour

1/2 Tsp. baking powder

1/2 Tsp. baking soda

1/4 Tsp. salt

Extra splenda to dip fork in.

Cream butter, peanut butter & splenda in a medium bowl. Add egg & vanilla and beat well.

Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Beat until combined.

Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on greased or parchment paper lined cookie tray.

Dip fork in splenda and press top of each cookie in a criss cross pattern.

Bake @ 350 for 13 - 16 minutes until nicely browned.

Makes a dozen.

Calories=104

Fat=10

Carbs=2

Fiber=1

Cheers!

If you are nervous about using the chemical sugars that have questionable health side effects, there are products with xylitol, a sugar that comes from raspberries. Chewing gum, hard candy etc... You can buy these online very cheaply.

I've been using it and I cannot taste any differnce between real white sugar and xylitol.

Also, there is tons of evidence (always on the news) that not only is xylitol very low in calories, but also reverses 20% of cavities and kills plaque to a great extent.

Pineapple is a great snack.

I munch on SmartFood Chedder popcorn. THere are like 4 ingredients in it and its pretty tasty and addicting. This works unless you are a STRICT vegan.

I also pop my own popcorn (put 4 tablespoons of seeds into a brown paper bag and fold it shut) and pop it for 1 minute. Add sea salt. :)

Sometimes the best snack is yesterday's healthy leftovers :P Soups or whatnot :P hehe

-Corn chips with chip salsa with 1/3 tablespoon of nutrional yeast (almost pure vitamin b12).. mix this together and warm in the microwave for 15 seconds.

-Chips and guacamole

There are some good tips for sugar free snacks on http://www.veggieboards.com ... they are always picking their brain for snacks, hehe

I really like making my own trail mix, since I know exactly what's in it and it's very filling. I usually mix equal parts of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and raisins, but you can do ANYTHING. Peanuts, cashews, almonds, dried cranberries, carob chips, dried pineapple. I don't know if you're trying to avoid ALL sugar, or just added sugar, because the dried fruit will obviously have some natural sugar.

Another delicious snack is sesame sticks ( http://www.nutsonline.com/snacksmixes/sesa...icks/plain.html ). They are SO good, very addictive, and there are a couple different varieties. I usually find them at any health food store.