Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bob111

brown marks left after acne.

after DK CSR i'm left with brown marks. some parts are read but very light, mostly brown.

i used ACV for a month, then baking soda, and then tried 3 lactic acids. and nothing has helped.

can anyone recommend something.

My redmarks always turned brown before they faded away with time!

I am an Asian with dark skin!

ACV didn't help with my red/brownmarks at all!

Do u guys have dark skin too?

Please always remember to wear sunscreen when u r out in the sun!

This helps me alot!

Magicbird I am very curious about hydroquinone. I have brown marks on my skin and if I were to apply hydroquinone on my whole face wouldn't it make the whole tone of my skin lighter and the discoloring still there? I don't understand how by inhibiting the enzymes it will make my skin color even.

Magicbird I am very curious about hydroquinone. I have brown marks on my skin and if I were to apply hydroquinone on my whole face wouldn't it make the whole tone of my skin lighter and the discoloring still there? I don't understand how by inhibiting the enzymes it will make my skin color even.

hydroquinone doesn't actually bleach your skin. it just stops the pigment that causes the dark marks. i was thinking about use this product too but i read somewhere that it can cause cancer and places like france ban the use of it because of the risk.

sorry, but i didn't say anything about it bleaching in the first place. could care less about an article written about it causing cancer.

Maybe you guys should consider a visit to the esthetician for other solutions instead of the at-home things

sorry, but i didn't say anything about it bleaching in the first place. could care less about an article written about it causing cancer.

Hydroquinone is honestly my saviour. I've tried it in the past, and it never worked for me because I spot treated, which only lightened the spot on my face, and because it worked not only on the mark but the surrounding skin (its impossible to only apply it solely to the mark) there was a lightened patch of skin with a (somewhat lightened) brown spot in the middle of it. Also, I gave up on it too quickly. So here is how hydroquinone works to even out your skintone - you already know that it inhibits melanin production, and isn't a bleach. Your skin is constantly shedding layers of skin, and so by inhibiting melanin production, the new layers of skin that reach the surface won't have the brown marks that is previously had. Otherwise your skin will continue to product uneven amounts of the pigment in your face, yielding the brown spots. It may SLIGHTLY lighten your overall skintone, but nothing too drastic. I'm Indian and have a light brown skintone, and even with the drastic tan that the sun gives me in the summer, it did not lighten my skintone to any point that was undesireable or drastic - it brightened it enough though that people have commented that my skintone glows, without actually really affecting the color.

As far as comments on cancer, this is because hydroquinone in larger concentrations have been unregulated and sold outside of the US and has led to unwanted side effects, but in concentrations at 4% or below I don't think there is anything to worry about. Initially I used the Obagi Blender at 4% hydroquinone and it worked wonderful but cost $80 for an ounce. After I stopped using it, brown marks starting reappearing and unable to get the Obagi, I tried AcneFree Fade and Erase (2oz) for $14, which I bought at target. It has 2% hydroquinone, and it had the same exact great results, except it took maybe 2 weeks longer to get them. After a month, my skin is back to its pristine condition - I recommend hydroquinone to anyone considering using it for brown marks. Just make sure you give it time to work, and apply it to your entire face

i dont think we have what we call target pharmacy here in malaysia... and applying hydroquinone on the whole face sounds pretty risky to me as it can cause cancer... hm

It's not in the pharmacy at target. It's sold with other regular beauty products in that section, next to your normal face washes. Also, this thing with the cancer is getting out of hand! At 2-4% there is NOTHING to worry about. It is federally regulated in the US. I know it is banned in many places in Asia though, so you may not be able to get it