Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nathanwj

Good effects gone! help!`

I was on a low dose of accutane for my weight, because i was a high-risk for side effects... i have only been off the medicine for about 4 months, and my acne is back... especially on my legs and arms... and my face is going to break out.. i can tell it is starting to already. any tips? sjould i go back on it? what will my derm probably say???

thnx guys...

a low dose for four months isn't enough to achieve remission usually. since you cannot tolerate a normal dose, you would have to take a low dose for a much longer amount of time. the goal is to get a cumulative dose of between 120 and 150mg/kg by the end of your course for the highest chance of a long or permanant remission.

and i really doubt the thing on your legs is acne. it may look like acne but is more likely keratosis pillars or something like that. as far as I know you can only get acne on the upper half of your body, because that's where the sebaceous glands are.