Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eddie187

scars,wrinkles,and fraxel

would fraxel help wrinkles right under the eyes. i do have acne scars on my cheeks but not that bad I'm more concern of the wrinkles i cause this past summer by just over doing it. i did see a Dermatologists a week ago and said the fraxel can improve the wrinkles under my eyes, forehead and my acne scars. just wanted to know if fraxel is more for acne scar then wrinkles BTW i don't really have to much option i have a darker skin tone and fraxel is the only laser that can be done on all patients safely or maybe there is something else that i don't know about. thanks to anyone that reads my post or leave a reply.

p.s. how close do they pass under the eye.

have you tried retin-a? im only 19 but i had these sorta 'lines' under my eyes from spending half my life at the beach and they were the first thing to dissappear after retin-a (they never bothered me it was just a side effect). its definately not for everyone and prolly wont work if they are real 'WRINKLES' but if its just some lines that need to tighten up then i say give it a try.

They can go pretty close to your eyes with the smaller tips of the Fraxel 2 (the newest technology)machine. If you are thinking of doing the Fraxel 2 machine make sure your dotor has the newest Fraxel SR1500 and not the 750

thanks napalm and jjg007 i just got some retin-a today i hope this works my lines are not that bad. i don't know if my doctor have the newest fraxel but i will find out tomorrow. napalm how long did it take for those lines too disappear and how much percent was the retin-a. thanks

For forehead wrinkles, the combination of Botox and Retin-A is hard to beat. I've seen excellent results. The botox must be repeated every three months, but over time the muscles become weaker and the wrinkles start to fill in.

For under the eyes, Retin-A .05% cream is effective if used consistently. When the skin gets too sensitive, back off the Retin-A until the skin heals and then start the process again.

Caveat: Retin-A is not for the impatient. It must be used consistently over a long period of time to see maximum results. If you want a quick fix, it's not for you. But if you want to wake up one day 10 to 12 months from now and say, "Hey, those lines are gone," then it might be what you're looking for.

the problem with retin-a is from what i have heard and been reading you have to use it for life if you want to maintain the result. i hope someone can tell me iam wrong cause retin-a used long time can reduce wrinkles,lines.

the problem with retin-a is from what i have heard and been reading you have to use it for life if you want to maintain the result. i hope someone can tell me iam wrong cause retin-a used long time can reduce wrinkles,lines.