Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rob*

Need advice on my acne and scar situation

Here's my situation, im 21yrs old and i am in my 3rd month of accutane (3rd time taking it). I have LOTS of scars from acne and i am desperate to get rid of them. I have one big scar on one side of my cheek and about a dozen other scars on my other cheek that i want to get rid of. I think that most of my scars ar rolling scars (i dont think they're boxscars because they has no sharpness to them. Right now i have about $1000 saved up and will continue making more money in the summer when school is done. I have been doing a lot of research on the internet and i think the best treatment for me would be a permanent filler. Since i live in Canada i would be getting Artecoll. Now here's the problem, my acne has not cleared up yet. I take 60 mg a day of accutane and so far it hasnt done much to clear my skin. After Im done my 6 month course i do not believe that my skin will be totally clear (it never had been after previous treatments with Accutane). Does anyone know if you are aloud to receive Artecoll injections while having acne? Another thing is, i had a talk with my dermatologist and he said that it would be best to first receive collagen injections before having Artecoll so that i can make sure that i will like what the Artecoll injections will look like, because the Artecoll injections are permanent and cannot be removed. Was this the case with anyone who has had a permanent filler? I also want to know what kind of a doctor is qualified to give an injection procedure, because my derm is totally booked for the next 8 months so i need to know if a plastic surgeon or perhaps even a family doctor could perform the Artecoll injection.

Also can anyone who has had Artecoll injections done please share their experiences. I would really like to know if it does a good enough job for the kind of money im paying.

Here's my situation, im 21yrs old and i am in my 3rd month of accutane (3rd time taking it). I have LOTS of scars from acne and i am desperate to get rid of them. I have one big scar on one side of my cheek and about a dozen other scars on my other cheek that i want to get rid of. I think that most of my scars ar rolling scars (i dont think they're boxscars because they has no sharpness to them. Right now i have about $1000 saved up and will continue making more money in the summer when school is done. I have been doing a lot of research on the internet and i think the best treatment for me would be a permanent filler. Since i live in Canada i would be getting Artecoll. Now here's the problem, my acne has not cleared up yet. I take 60 mg a day of accutane and so far it hasnt done much to clear my skin. After Im done my 6 month course i do not believe that my skin will be totally clear (it never had been after previous treatments with Accutane). Does anyone know if you are aloud to receive Artecoll injections while having acne? Another thing is, i had a talk with my dermatologist and he said that it would be best to first receive collagen injections before having Artecoll so that i can make sure that i will like what the Artecoll injections will look like, because the Artecoll injections are permanent and cannot be removed. Was this the case with anyone who has had a permanent filler? I also want to know what kind of a doctor is qualified to give an injection procedure, because my derm is totally booked for the next 8 months so i need to know if a plastic surgeon or perhaps even a family doctor could perform the Artecoll injection.

Also can anyone who has had Artecoll injections done please share their experiences. I would really like to know if it does a good enough job for the kind of money im paying.

Hey I know how you feel cuz I was pretty similar. I never got a filler but always wanted to. I recommend that you should continue with accutane and do your best to not worry about it and have fun. Because doing that will help you get rid of your acne.

For me, mine almost disappeered completely after accutane and with use of cetaphil face wash, and even more so when I started running every morning or night and started to have fun. Now I just have a little bit that I use bp on but I haven't followed my old regimen.

Good luck.