Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qwerasdf

what happens to cysts...

I have a cyst on my right cheek that I definitely cannot pop or get rid of. It's big right now and is red from the inflammation. I'm just wondering, what normally happens to cysts if you leave them alone? Because I had one on my left cheek that kept appearing and reappearing for about two YEARS...is that what I should expect from this cyst?

I have a cyst on my right cheek that I definitely cannot pop or get rid of. It's big right now and is red from the inflammation. I'm just wondering, what normally happens to cysts if you leave them alone? Because I had one on my left cheek that kept appearing and reappearing for about two YEARS...is that what I should expect from this cyst?

Well normally when a cyst is left alone. Normally A. somewhere along the line when the cyst gets soft it will eventually tear and begin to leak puss normally this happens on your pillow at night. B. if for some chance it dont leak it will get absorb and go down naturally leaving a light scar or deep scar depending. I have found in all my years of cystic acne its better to try to get the cyst to come to a head and try to drain it. You might avoid a scar and allot of pain. I recommend getting hydrocortizone cream 1% applying that this will shrink the cyst and make it come to a head quickly. If your brave enough you might try feeling for a soft spot on the cyst their might not be one yet but if their is. Take a sewing needle and lightly poke inward towards the soft spot when the skin finally gives way pull needle out. This should open up the pocket where the puss is and you can then drain it and it will heal very quickly. Its better then a derm doing it and charging you 80 some bucks for the visit.

---------------------------------------------

Not Just Clear, Beyond Clear

http://www.beyondclear.ne1.net

you know- to the person above me-

I always have had success with poping a cyst by making it come to a head.

I know alot of peope say it'll just make it red and spread infection, but to tell ya the truth I find it better to squeeze the stuff out and apply benzoyl peroxide to the blemish.

When I just leave them alone...they just hurt and it takes forever for them to go away!

you know- to the person above me-

I always have had success with poping a cyst by making it come to a head.

I know alot of peope say it'll just make it red and spread infection, but to tell ya the truth I find it better to squeeze the stuff out and apply benzoyl peroxide to the blemish.

When I just leave them alone...they just hurt and it takes forever for them to go away!

I agree. Everytime I leave a cyst alone it either reappears within 2 weeks or it gets soft and leaks out on it's own (but takes forever for this to happen and it leaves a scar. The way I see it is that if I pop it, a scar will happen. If I leave it alone a scar will also happen. I'd rather pop it and speed up the healing process than having it hang out on my face for a long time.

thanks for all the advice

now that I reconsider this, I really can't tell if it's a cyst or a nodule...a cyst is supposed to be puss filled right? The one I have is hard and red from inflammationn, and doesn't seem to be coming to a head. I'd pop it if I could... :doubt: