Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ggirl99

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Please help me!! I've had bad acne for the past four months and now it seems to be moving around my face. It is really embarrassing to have in college and I want to finally have clear skin. I am allergic to peroxide and sylillic acid, I've been to dermatologists and all they ever prescribe are more lotions that include these products and severely burn my skin. Right now I am using the clinique 3-step process and have been putting toothpaste on my zits overnight. Do you know of any natural treatments for people with sensitive skin? I don't want to have to take accutane or any pill that may cause depression. Should I try birth control pills?

2966856800100050395lsjdlq_th.jpg

THANKS

post-52869-1167401793.jpg

post-52869-1167401793.jpg

Try putting neosporin on them. The cream not the ointment. It really does help heal them and prevents or fades the red spots that may result.

It looks like you have combination/oily skin. I would try dilluted Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner and possibly yes, a birth control pill to regulate your hormones, because I am suspecting hormonal acne.

Please help me!! I've had bad acne for the past four months and now it seems to be moving around my face. It is really embarrassing to have in college and I want to finally have clear skin. I am allergic to peroxide and sylillic acid, I've been to dermatologists and all they ever prescribe are more lotions that include these products and severely burn my skin. Right now I am using the clinique 3-step process and have been putting toothpaste on my zits overnight. Do you know of any natural treatments for people with sensitive skin? I don't want to have to take accutane or any pill that may cause depression. Should I try birth control pills?

THANKS

I don't know how effective the clinique system is - I have heard mixed reviews of their products though. I would check the product ingredients to see if any of them are irritants or clog pores. There are several websites online that list problem ingredients. (Paula's Choice website; and zerozits website).

Also, toothpaste has ingredients in it that can irritate your skin - I really would not use that as a spot treat. As an alternative you might try the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask as an overnight spot treat. It has sulfur and zinc oxide, which are good for acne prone skin. It dries up pimples pretty well. I don't use it as an all-over mask like they recommend, as it is too drying for me. Some people really like it as a mask though and use it a couple of times a week. You should be able to find it at a local drugstore - its pretty cheap too.

^ I wouldn't recommend toothpaste either, and I agree with Allie Cat, Neosporin could help you, your acne is very very mild, I don't think you need accutane :D

and please, don't touch your skin, u dont want scars :D

Birth control pills can mess up your mood pretty badly, from personal experience, and I would suspect that they are more likely to cause mood problems than accutane. I wouldn't dismiss accutane because of the possibility that it might make you depressed, which I believe there is questionable evidence for anyway. Your acne looks rather severe and scarring, and while birth control could help it out, birth control isn't really an acne miracle, especially if yours isn't strongly linked to your menstrual cycle. If you are really against accutane then that is your decision, but with your allergies to pretty much all topical acne treatments, then your options are some combination of 1) dermatologist-prescribed antibiotics, 2) birth control, 3) dietary changes (like hardcore, look up the paleo diet threads to see what this entails).

Stop using the toothpaste immediately, for me that only made spots worse. For spot-treatment, try Neosporin cream or clay mask dabs as Willow suggested. I think the Clinique system you use probably has salicyclic acid in it, and since you are allergic to "sylillic acid", then I assume the Clinique system is making things worse than better. You'll have to check on that yourself because Clinique doesn't post the ingredients online, but a bunch of their products talk about exfoliators, so they definitely have either saliyclic or glycolic acid in them.

THANKS

Accutane does not cause depression. This is my personal opinion of course, but it is based on the fact that I've never seen a bonafide study that showed a definitive link between accutane and depression. Although individuals claim to have increased depression on accutane, the studies I've seen show no difference in the incidence of depression of accutane-takers compared to the general population of similar people. In fact, I believe that depression is more likely to be reduced by accutane because it is so effective in making acne much better (for most people).

I therefore encourage you to re-think this position you have vis a vis accutane. It is a very effective and safe medication when used with normal medical supervision.

I also don't believe that toothpaste helps acne lesions at all. My personal experience is that no topical treatment helps lesions once they've started, but others claim they do.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

There are a couple options you have. You can go the the Derm, have them do a test on your hormones, and allergies. You could try some rx antibacterial topicals. You could try Primrose oil, borage oil, neptune krill oil, flaxseed B stress vitamins, spirila. You could try the homeopathic rounte, using Acne D.

Luckly, your acne is not too bad and since you said it just started it might of been caused by stress, diet, or eviromental changes.. meaning I doubt you will have it for the rest of your life.

What cleanser, moisturizer, treatments are you using right now? Have you started wearing a new makeup, that could be the cause.

For natural topicals you could try tea tree oil mixed with water. There are a few acne topicals at Dermstore.com that do not have benzyol peroxide or SA.

I know this sounds really simple, but go to the store and buy aloe vera or vitamin E GEL (gel only). It's really cheap for a big bottle.

Everytime you clean your face, immediately right after apply the gel.

Do not apply around your eyes though.

It doesnt burn, it soothes, dries up pimples, moisturizes (yes even dries up pimples), and it's cheap.

I still have acne, but it's an ongoing battle; however, this works really well for me It's not a cure by any means, but it's pretty darn good.

You should see results in 4 days!

Try this, and tell me how it goes. Keep with it and keep me updated.

I know this sounds really simple, but go to the store and buy aloe vera or vitamin E GEL (gel only). It's really cheap for a big bottle.

Everytime you clean your face, immediately right after apply the gel.

Do not apply around your eyes though.

It doesnt burn, it soothes, dries up pimples, moisturizes (yes even dries up pimples), and it's cheap.

I still have acne, but it's an ongoing battle; however, this works really well for me It's not a cure by any means, but it's pretty darn good.

You should see results in 4 days!

Try this, and tell me how it goes. Keep with it and keep me updated.

Thanks for all the great advice... I'm going to begin trying everything tomorrow and I'll let ya'll know how it goes!

P.S. What would be a better alternative to clinique? I've looked at the chat rooms and it seems that the dove cleansing bar or olay night cleaning cloths might be good. Thoughts?

Definatley get off the Clinique. That shit will screw with your skin big time. Toothpaste is bad also. Spot treat with BP instead. I once used gel toothpaste on my pimple once....it turned blue for the two days. I looked like a smurf.

Find a gentle cleanser. I use one by Alpha H (www.alphah.com) with aloe vera in it. I also use Olay's Regenerist Perfection Cream. Look for products that are non-comodegenic. You can find a list of comodegenic ingredients at this website (http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm).

Looks like you have some papules and pustles there too. Dont ever ever ever ever ever pick a papule! Big mistake. You can try using a retinod on papules, like differin. I find it helps it to flatten after about a week and a half. They usually take 3-4 weeks to flatten and 3 months for the mark to go. So much fun. Try going to your doctor instead and asking for an antibiotic to use in conjunction with topicals. If your acne persists after 6 months of treatment then definatley look into actively pursuing more serious options even if it means going to 10 different derms

Hey, I would definitely look into getting on the pill; I've been on it for more than six years and it has REALLY helped my skin. Obviously, it didn't just spontanously make my skin clear, but it definitely helped keep things from getting out of hand. Once your hormones are regulated, the right topicals might take care of what the pill doesn't. As a side note, I wasn't one to break out a lot around the time I was expecting my period, I was broken out all the time. So, I was a bit skeptical when I began taking it, however, it has made a marked difference in the condition of my skin.

Good luck!

(P.S. Just a piece of advice--if you do opt to take the pill, I would suggest a low dose pill as I got violently ill from a higher dose pill (I've known others who have had the same reaction)

Just want to give my little opinion.

Dont use neosporin on your zits unless you want clogged pores and more break outs.

Get on a prescription antibiotic, and also at nights use topical clindomycin GEL at bedtime

your zits will go away within one month