Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mppashell

Will I ever be able to look into the mirror again?

I'm 22 and i've had acne since I was 12. I haven't had a major breakout in quite a few months, but I still can't ever look into the mirror straight on. I can't stand to see the remains of what acne has done. Most people say that I have nothing to worry about, but I still do, I don't know what to do to change that. I'm not vain, I just can't stand the sight of myself in the mirror. Does anybody have any words of wisdom???

I'm 22 and i've had acne since I was 12. I haven't had a major breakout in quite a few months, but I still can't ever look into the mirror straight on. I can't stand to see the remains of what acne has done. Most people say that I have nothing to worry about, but I still do, I don't know what to do to change that. I'm not vain, I just can't stand the sight of myself in the mirror. Does anybody have any words of wisdom???

greetings..

i cant say i know what youve been through all these years but i hope i can offer you some hope and reassurance with my story.

until July (2005) last year i had flawless and perfect skin... Out of nowhere i started getting small pimples and they got worse and worse.. eventually it got so bad i ended up loosing my job because i couldnt deal with it.. lucky for me it was only a summer job till i started UNI in september.

anyway.. it got worse.. nothing big but lots of small pimples all over and my skin condition was really bad. at times i couldnt even look in the mirror. i had really bad scars and it was just an unpleasnt sight to be honest. i still remember today as if it was yesterday.

it was to this day the worst experience of my life.

eventually i started using this natural acne cream called 'clearface' (from september 2005) which did some good. however it wasnt enough to clear me 100 percent and myskin got quite dry.. it was very difficult especially at uni. somehow tho i got through my first year with really low attendance.. i started the DKR in July (2007) of this year.. and all i can say is thank god.. and thank dan too..

ive almost forgotten what its like to have breakouts.. almost.. its been fantastic.. my face is clear and my skin is real good.. im even liking the mirror again.

the ladies are coming faster than i type once more too (which was one of the things i missed most) and things are looking good.

its very difficult.. i know from my own experience, but theres always hope. try and keep going. thats all i can say.

good luck

ive almost forgotten what its like to have breakouts.. almost.. its been fantastic.. my face is clear and my skin is real good.. im even liking the mirror again.

the ladies are coming faster than i type once more too (which was one of the things i missed most) and things are looking good.

no fair :(... i wish i had nice skin :cry: