Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
routhman

Desperately in need of help

Alright...I am a Caucasian male with moderate acne. I have stopped using products because I am so overwhelmed with my acne and do not know what to do. Below is a list of the products I have used and their effects on my skin:

SA- I forget..I haven't used SA in so long

BP/Dan's Regimen- Makes my skin red, dry, and flaky. It had little effect on my acne after 3 months.

Evoclin (Clindamycin) in conjunction with Differin- Cleared me up a bit, but I still had a few inflammed pimples and many clogged pores.

Glycolic Acid Moisturizer- Completely rid me of clogged pores, but I think it made my skin red.

ACV- I think it faded my red marks, but it also broke me out.

Zinc- No effect/might've made me break out

Tea Tree Oil- This was my savior 11 months ago. It gave me completely clear skin. After about a month, I ran out, started breaking out, and went product-crazy trying to fix my skin. When I finally got hold of the TTO again, it didn't clear me up as it did before.

Naturally, my skin is oily, normal skin color with lots of clogged pores and inflammed pimples.

Can someone please suggest something that has helped them or that they think will help me? I want to be clear again.. :doubt:

*Btw, during the summer when I swim at the beach every day, I clear up in 1-2 weeks. But since it's winter, I don't have that option*

have you gone to the dermatologist? sounds like you need something perscribed that can kick your acne, not just hide it.

you could try steaming your face, clears out your pores great, and since your face is oily, it drys it out a bit. i recently (in the last month) started being a lot more oiler than i ever have so i started steaming every other night, or whenever i can (i add ACV to help my redmarks, but it sounds like that wouldn't help you)

you could also try the b5 method...

let me know what you find!

yea I agree with the one above me. I use a retinol cream right now and that works really good. But since you seem to have it worse you might want to jump up to the next step which would be Retin-A or Retin-A micro which i hear more about.

Guest Locked In Grace

GA leave on lotion + Retinol

or

Get yourself a big bag of sea salt and soak your face in warm water + salt every day

or

Get Accutane

Well.. I can't visit a dermatologist now. So If I were to use the AHA and a retinol, I could use Differin. Btw, If I were to do this, would I use the AHA during the day or both medications at night?

Also, to the sea salt suggestion- Have others had success with this? I would really like to be more natural with my skin so this interests me.

To Accutane- I wish. My acne isn't classified as severe enough.

Well.. I can't visit a dermatologist now. So If I were to use the AHA and a retinol, I could use Differin. Btw, If I were to do this, would I use the AHA during the day or both medications at night?

Also, to the sea salt suggestion- Have others had success with this? I would really like to be more natural with my skin so this interests me.

To Accutane- I wish. My acne isn't classified as severe enough.

Try searching in the search box up there "sea salt" and you'll find all the topics about sea salt and people's experience with it :)