Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CamoFace

Retin-A Gel .025% or Tretinoin Cream 0.1%

My skin was bumpy a few months back so my doc prescribed me .025% Retin-A gel which cleared me skin pretty well. I stopped using it for a couple months and now I can see that my skin is starting to get bumpy again so now my doc prescribed me Tretinoin Cream which is 0.1%. I don't know the difference between gel and cream.

I'm looking at the label:

Retin-A Gel: Tretinoin .025%

Tretinoin: Tretinoin .01%

I would stay away from the cream, a lot of people have broken out from it, it doesn't have the best ingredients. the gel is better, see if your derm can bump you up to a higher gel. You're also just switching from brand name to generic rx, so your new stuff will probably be cheaper.

I have used both....I had no results with tretinon at all. Retin- a i used for about 2 years with clecoin in the morning. That always kept me clear. But i couldnt use it in the summer cause i used to sit out (now i know better) or the winter cause it made me tooo dry. But from march-may i always had nice skin lol