Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I will KILL it!

Is there a way to cover up red marks aside from make-up?

Posted

Hi everyone, so here's my problem. I've been on accutane for about 25 days now, and I'm already starting to clearing up a bit, but the problem is that 1)I've got several red marks from an initial big break out of my right cheek and 2)I seem to get red marks from nowhere since I've been on accutane (a bit like when I was on BP), and it even makes them look more apparent (might be my imagination though).

So I was wondering if there were any ways to cover them up at least a bit (or completly if possible :P), or in a more general way, is there any way to make the red colour (from the marks and the spots) less red? Aside from make-up since I'm a guy :/.

Thanks for your answers! My skin looks so shitty right now :/.

Posted

some whitening sunscreen maybe?

Posted

u could try a tinted moisturizer.

Posted

tinted moisturizer sucks. if you sweat at all, it'll just drip down like melted chocolate ice cream

Posted

just put some of your mom's minerals over the bad spots, nobody can tell and nobody cares. they don't break you out and it is invisible if you do it right.

Posted

Lol I doubt my mom's got mineral make-up, I saw her using a sort of cream on her skin, might not be the make-up but I think it is. I'll try to check this out when they're sleeping or away :P. Thanks, I'm bumping this thread at the same time.

Guest concerto
Posted

I'm a girl, but anyway, I don't think there's a good way to hide red marks without wearing make-up. =o(

I bought Revlon New Complexion one-step compact make-up and I like it. I use the 02 Tender Peach shade. I think it reduces the appearance of my red marks by about 60%.

Posted

Thanks, by the way, how do you know if it's a good make-up and if it wont break me out? I'm tempted of using some of my mother's make-up just to see how I would look with a good looking skin :P. She's got tons of creams/powders/... without any indications whatsoever, only the brands name.

Posted
Thanks, by the way, how do you know if it's a good make-up and if it wont break me out? I'm tempted of using some of my mother's make-up just to see how I would look with a good looking skin :P. She's got tons of creams/powders/... without any indications whatsoever, only the brands name.

Posted

But man I wouldn’t advice you just put any old make-up on as it could make you break-out. Especially that liquid one you’re talking about...that sounds like it could be harsh?! - I don’t know though, I'm also a clueless guy on make-up. But I ordered that Everyday Mineral make-up (as I need to cover acne for work) - that hasn’t broke me out so-far and kinda made the scars disappear...