Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matthew51290

$20,000 and 5 years later, here is my two cents

I had severe cystic acne of the worst kind.

It left my temples and cheeks significantly disfigured.

I have spent $20K and over 5 years of my life treating it.

I think I can give a lot of insight to anyone who needs it, and maybe save you all a lot of pain and or money.

I have had the following:

2C02 treatments

4 IPL treatments

15 microdermabrasions

15-20 punch grafts

Subcision

2 CC's of Collagen (temp)

3 CC's of Artecoll (perm)

3 CC's of Aquamid (perm)

The Co2 made tramatic changes to my face, but also left me seriously scarred because the doctor was aggressive both times.

The IPL modestly helped with discoloration.

Microdermabrasion is a load of **** for people with cystic acne scars... don't bother

Punch grafts work, but some of mine sunk in after a C02 surgery

Subcision barely helps.

Collagen - don't bother - leaves you bruised, and by the time the bruising goes away its gone

Artecoll - didn't notice much but this is a deep filler. Not FDA approved... got it done in Canada.

Aquamid - most results from this treatment. It can be injected into your scars to plump them up. I received much improvement. Not FDA approved, got in done in the UK...

Please let me know if you have any questions. I would be more than happy to help.

I had severe cystic acne of the worst kind.

It left my temples and cheeks significantly disfigured.

I have spent $20K and over 5 years of my life treating it.

I think I can give a lot of insight to anyone who needs it, and maybe save you all a lot of pain and or money.

I have had the following:

2C02 treatments

4 IPL treatments

15 microdermabrasions

15-20 punch grafts

Subcision

2 CC's of Collagen (temp)

3 CC's of Artecoll (perm)

3 CC's of Aquamid (perm)

The Co2 made tramatic changes to my face, but also left me seriously scarred because the doctor was aggressive both times.

The IPL modestly helped with discoloration.

Microdermabrasion is a load of **** for people with cystic acne scars... don't bother

Punch grafts work, but some of mine sunk in after a C02 surgery

Subcision barely helps.

Collagen - don't bother - leaves you bruised, and by the time the bruising goes away its gone

Artecoll - didn't notice much but this is a deep filler. Not FDA approved... got it done in Canada.

Aquamid - most results from this treatment. It can be injected into your scars to plump them up. I received much improvement. Not FDA approved, got in done in the UK...

Please let me know if you have any questions. I would be more than happy to help.

I too am afriad of going down this path of spending a lot of money and not getting improvement. After extensive research I have decied to do the silicone microdroplet. I think it is the best thing going for me right now, and although no significant changes yet, I am only dropping 200 per month.

Oh, and I've also done dermabrasion on my forehead and excisions on my temples.

It is widely known at this point that CO2 is useless and potentially disastrous for acne pitting. That I've learned thanks to this board. Unfortunately, it looks as if most of your money was spent on that :(

So, would you say your scarring is worse than be4 u started?

Appreciate your insight. That helps us all out.

I have heard about ppl talking abt additional scarring caused by laser or someother invasive procedure. What kind of scarring is it really?? discoloration? more hypertrophic scars??

2C02 treatments

4 IPL treatments

15 microdermabrasions

15-20 punch grafts

Subcision

Subcision barely helps.

hi matthew, if you get a moment- would you mind telling me how many subcision treatments you had? it'd be appreciated. thanks for posting this, btw.

I am lucky that my doctor turned out to be very honest. When I talked to him with all possible treatments he told me they'd be waste of money. So I am sticking with the safe and doing laser genesis. :D

it's funny how you say microdermabrasion is a load of crap. i remember going to the doc several years ago and his assistant said that it will remove my scars.what a load of crap but i fell for it at the time.

these doctors are scam artists.it is really sickening. they'll even go so far as to recommend something that they know will be really invasive and potentially disastorous not to mention a waste of time just to take your money.