Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User28456

Get rid of oil from Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion

i've been using neutrogena healthy skin face lotion w/ spf 15 for a while now. it has 8% glycolic acid (aha) and basically makes your skin die and regrow back really fast, fixing the redness faster, and it works really well

only problem with it is that it makes my skin shiny and oily. i've been told the sensitive version doesn't as much, but it's only 4% glycolic :snooty:

i tried some aloe a few months ago. i use Lily of the Desert 99% pure aloe gel from whole foods. it includes Vit A, C, and E and doesn't have any preservatives. it's supposed to help your skin, and it does make my skin really really smooth, but it dries my skin out.

so, a little light bulb came on a few weeks ago and i tried putting on a bit of aloe on my face after i use neutrogena. and tada! oil's gone!! all day. i wait for the neutrogena to absorb/dry (5-10min) and i lightly rub a bit of aloe on my face, mainly in the places that shine the most, and it works amazingly well. no more annoying shiny oily skin. :dance::dance::dance:

The NHSFL without SPF (night formula) doesn't make your face look oily/shiny. I think that problem is due to the SPF ingredients. But good tip, maybe this will help out people who can't find the night formula at their local drugstores.

If you use the neutrogena lotion w/o spf 15 you can damage your skin and make your acne worse. Since you're already using BP your skin is supersensitive and needs protection from the sun and using an AHA makes it even more sensitive. So you either should use the neutrogena w/ spf15 or not use it at all, but it is highly recommended that you find some kind of protection.

If you use the neutrogena lotion w/o spf 15 you can damage your skin and make your acne worse. Since you're already using BP your skin is supersensitive and needs protection from the sun and using an AHA makes it even more sensitive. So you either should use the neutrogena w/ spf15 or not use it at all, but it is highly recommended that you find some kind of protection.

Or you can use a separate matte sunscreen on top of the non-SPF version of NHSFL to achieve stronger, broader sun protection than that incorporated into the SPF 15 NHSFL without the shininess that many people complain about. I'm sorry that I didn't clarify this before, I absolutely agree that with BP and/or AHA on your face during the day, you need some sun protection, but you don't necessarily need to get it all from one product and might benefit from seeking out a better sunscreen than the "built-in" one. I myself have only been using AHA at night so that my face isn't too sensitive during the day (I do use a day moisturizer with SPF 15, though).