Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im 18 and I live in NY, and I was born here and lived here my whole life, but I just need a change, something is tellin me that im being held back here.. i have a bad vibe here and I just need to move on and start a new. Theres nothing holding me back here, and although I dont care and im not gonna lose any sleep over this but far too many people have scene me at my worst and I just want to be around only new faces. I need to move out on my own and be in a new place to get on my feet and start over. I'm not running away from anything and I dont make excuses and im not trying to put the blame on any1, but people around me here are taking away my manhood it seems and I can't have this. Im in a shell here and I feel my only chance of getting out of it is a big change.

Ok I feel i ranted too much and made a long as hell post that no1 will even read so im editing it to condense it.

Basically I feel i need to move out on my own and distance myself alil bit from home. I think this would be the best thing for me. Start a new on my own and start over in a new place. Any1 wit me on dis one?

damn is like everything closing in on you it seems? no where to run it looks like :confused:

maybe you can move away somewhere? transfer possibly? a new slate.........

sux your having a rough go of it though

new change could be good though

im with you though, once im done uni im out of here...........im sick of this place

It sounds like you could use a vacation. Is there some place you could go for a few days just to relax and think about what you really want to do first before making any huge changes? :comfort:

I know exactly what you mean. I went through that last year and I'm still going through it a bit. I'm 19 and am living with my boyfriend because I just could not live at home with my mom and little sisters. I was so stressed about college/work/car/job and they were just making it worse. I grew up in a house with 5 other kids and have never had any alone time or peace and quiet. Last year was my breaking point. I had to go, no matter what...I felt I was being held back by everyone with their negativity because I didn't go away to college because I wasn't ready and I needed to escape. Now I've been living with my boyfriend and his parents and they don't get on my case about anything. They're always working and the house is quiet...no kids, no fighting..it's a huge sigh of relief for me. I'm actually doing better since being here. I've gotten my CNA license and will have a much much better job...which it's actually my starting point in my career and my stress has gone wayyyy down. If I were you, I would definitely just try to relax and make a plan or a goal that you want to reach. For example, you want to move out...so keep going with your job hunt, or think of other ways to get out...do you want to go to college somewhere? Do you have any other relatives you can visit with? Sometimes it really feels like were just completely stuck but there's ways around things. If you can't find what you're looking for try looking for it in a different way. There's ways out of these things and it may not be something that will happen immediately but things are always changing, nothing stays the same...people go through these stages of life. It's the ending of something and the beginning of something else. If I were you, I'd be excited! New things will begin happening for you since you are now ready. And only you can make these changes, so put your mind to it! Think positively, relax and just go with the flow. ;D

Yea I feel the same,I've lived in the same place for like 10 years,and I have a bad history here with my acne and everything.I'm also 18 and I feel I need to get a fresh start with people that don't know my history and life story.Luckily I'm moving out start of next year.

Guest max_powers585
Im 18 and I live in NY, and I was born here and lived here my whole life, but I just need a change, something is tellin me that im being held back here.. i have a bad vibe here and I just need to move on and start a new. Theres nothing holding me back here, and although I dont care and im not gonna lose any sleep over this but far too many people have scene me at my worst and I just want to be around only new faces. I need to move out on my own and be in a new place to get on my feet and start over. I'm not running away from anything and I dont make excuses and im not trying to put the blame on any1, but people around me here are taking away my manhood it seems and I can't have this. Im in a shell here and I feel my only chance of getting out of it is a big change.

Ok I feel i ranted too much and made a long as hell post that no1 will even read so im editing it to condense it.

Basically I feel i need to move out on my own and distance myself alil bit from home. I think this would be the best thing for me. Start a new on my own and start over in a new place. Any1 wit me on dis one?

i totally see where u coming from matt i myself feel the same way....its not that i want to run away from my past its just that i want i new start where no one knows all ive been through....i sorta wanna "start" life over again somewhere new....however moving away is a pretty big life changing decision so think it well...funny how you brought this up when ive also been thinking of doing this...actually i already decided to leave in a couple more months...

damn is like everything closing in on you it seems? no where to run it looks like :confused:

maybe you can move away somewhere? transfer possibly? a new slate.........

i'm with yoda ^ on this one.. :D

if everything sucks then its definitely time to move on. it doesnt have to be far and it doesnt have to be a long term thing either, just get a change of scene for a while.. you can always come back. at the very least it will be an education and you'll be a better person because of it.

Well, it could be worse... you could be living in New Jersey :doubt:

Have you started College or University yet? I know the costs are high buy you could always go to school out of state, and it could be a great opportunity for you to find yourself.

Why don't you packback Europe? A friend of mine was in a similar situation as you. He left home at the age of 18, spent 4 years abroad different countries; Russia, eatern Europe, Israel, etc. He worked here and there to support himself. Now he's 23 and going back to school to study law. Although he's behind in studies among other college students, he really stands out as being wellspoken and welltravelled. Not to mention he picked up several languages. Take advantage of your US passport while it lasts. No other citizenship grants this kind of travel freedom.

Well, JM, you've done alot of changing already and it's definatly showing! Whatever you want to do next, I know you'll be able to do it!!!! You've got the seriously new, improved, and awesome outlook on life!!!

Well, JM, you've done alot of changing already and it's definatly showing! Whatever you want to do next, I know you'll be able to do it!!!! You've got the seriously new, improved, and awesome outlook on life!!!

thanx but it hasn't gotten me far and theres still other things in my way and I have recently begun to get alil irritable recently. Its frustrating..

I thank every1 for their feed back. im going to college now,its a community college that im planning on transfering from. Its a nice college and I like it but i'd like to graduate else where. And its easy to say NY is nice or isn't so bad until you live here. NY is 1 of the best places to live when your good lookin with money! Or else just have money! If you dont have alot of money to go enjoy, than NY isn't anything special at all. And theres no more opportunity here than anywhere else, infact I can't even get a job here and its not easy to find work here.

Its definately time to give change a chance. nothing is holding me back here and everything is tellin me to move on. but sooooooo many things stand in the way. I been calm n laid back lately, but its sooooo easy to get concerned at this time of life.