Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qazzi

another newbie story, somewhat long!

hey everybody!

I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to get myself registered because, well.. I keep coming back! biggrin.gif

I've got moderate acne, *really* oily skin, and I've been dealing with this for the last 15 years or so. Been to the doctor on and off so many times, lots of money on prescriptions and nothing ever got rid of it. Antibiotics helped but the bumps kept coming back. About 2 months ago, I dunno why but man oh man it came out bad. It was so bad that I didn't want to leave the house. I was too embarassed to go to a meeting I was supposed to attend and I missed a dance at a club I belong to. I decided I had had enough. I don't think I'm vain and I try not to get too worked up about it after all, it took me 15 years of bad skin to declare war! but I had had it. It took 2 weeks to get to a dermatologist (again) and in that time the mess had cleared up so that it wasn't an emergency, just my usual bad skin. The dermatologist told me not to be so concerned about it, after all he sees people who are a lot worse off than I am. !!!!!!

](*,)

gee. thanks a lot. he told me he could do a laser treatment called Smoothbeam, but it will cost $800Cdn and I'll need a bunch of them. I don't have that kind of money. then he gave me a prescription for b.p. I had tried that years ago and ended up with scaly, flakey skin and I didn't want to go through that again. Then I saw a tv infomercal and was so desperate that I almost called the number, proactive I think it was. I thought before I do that I'll look it up on good old google and read about it before I call. I glad I did because I realised it was going to cost way more than I could afford. sad.gif

So I started searching for help and came here. Read about the Regimen and thought, hummmm. I have a prescription for b.p., maybe I'll give it another go - And it's working! biggrin.gif/

enough for now, but I keep coming back to these boards and thought I tell everybody here (the only people I know who will understand) how I'm doing. No new ones coming!!!!! old ones drying up and healing.

yay!!!