Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Silas

Korean Study

I would still like to learn exactly what is meant by this phrase {pressing hard on the entire depressed area of atrophic acne scars} It's mentioned five times in the study so it must be important imo.

How is it possible to press the entire area of the scar with the type of toothpicks shown in the article...also I would like to know the purpose of pressing hard... it must have an effect that not pressing hard wound not have. So I wonder what this effect is.

I did email the author of the article about a month ago and asked if he knew of any other articles on the CROSS method. He replied by directing me back to his article which I had already told him that I had read it...duh My next email to him I asked him to explain what was meant by "pressing hard on the entire depressed area of atrophic acne scars" and he didn't bother writing back to me.

If there are any bloodhounds out there that could help me track down this information I would be grateful...thanks

If your scars are much bigger perhaps using a wooden dowel would work. It would be flat and you can get any size you want.

Thanks imbue but I'm not really interested in doing anything different then what was done by the korean doctors. If you look at the pictures in the study you can see that they treated scars much larger than the tip of a toothpick. Plus Dr. Rapaport didn't see a need to use anything other than a toothpick so it wouldn't be logical to think that I needed to.