Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strawberries

Why would you tell someone they have real bad acne?!

I ran into an old friend and she goes, my god look at your face, it's covered in acne. I just don;t understand why, she would tell me that. I don't tell an old friend, my god look at your ass it's huge, or your getting really fat. I felt like I was back in school again. There is always that one kid who says, you have a huge zit. I feel like saying I may have acne but I'm not fnk blind.

Some people are just rude, in-sensitive, and cruel.

Hi

i agree with you there, my family are always telling how acne has ruined my once pretty face!

It winds me up sooo badly!! Some people say it to get on your nerves, but most people say it cus they think they are doing you a favour by letting you know.

i'm really sorry to hear that. my mom is like, "you're face is breaking out again." well, no shit... thats why i was turning away from you every time you were next to me.

what dosen't kill you makes you stronger... i guess. but people can be so stupid sometimes.

I know what you mean.. some people just don't have a clue how hurtful they can be, or who do it on purpose to try and bring you down. The amount of people I've met who don't have an ounce of tact in their bodies is ridiculous.

This dumb bitch said to me once after not seeing me for a while 'you look different... i don't know why, maybe less spots!', in a stupid sarcastic tone followed by a laugh. I guess I could have taken that as a compliment..but it didn't exactly make me feel great. There are plenty of other ways to say something like that, e.g. 'your skin looks clearer'. And it shouldn't take a genius to figure out when somethings best left unsaid, say if you're having a particularly bad breakout. :doubt:

Those people really piss me off, even when they mean well; it's not that hard to think before speaking is it?

The only thing to do is to rise above them all, your skin is going to clear up but their stupidity wont.

I don't see the point of telling someone that. They already know and are likely self-conscious and it would only be hurtful to point it out. Strawberries, I think it could have simply been inconsiderate (perhaps even unknowingly to her), lacking tact or could have been on purpose, perhaps out of jealousy or her own sense of insecurity, taking the focus off of herself.

I remember in high school (junior high I think), a girl that was supposedly a friend (who was more often sarcastic than anything) said something to the effect of: "You have a big zit.'' I was so surprised to hear that.

I used to hate when I'd wake up with a new pimple and my mom would say "You got a new pimple." like I didn't notice. lol I think she realized it botheres me, so she doesn't do it anymore.

I know exactly what you mean. On some days I don't cover my marks fully or pimples and someone will talk about the ones they can see. Like you should pop it, it's so big, and what ever else. Don't people think that it would embarrass me? So yeah I truly don't understand it.

people have to know that saying stuff like that is wrong. i just don't see how it would be possible not too.................

its common sense really. you don't go to a burned person and say your burned. or a person with cancer and say you're gonna die. sometimes i just don't understand people.

Guest No Pride
I know exactly what you mean. On some days I don't cover my marks fully or pimples and someone will talk about the ones they can see. Like you should pop it, it's so big, and what ever else. Don't people think that it would embarrass me? So yeah I truly don't understand it.

Yeah I had a very noticeable whitehead the other day and one of the older co-workers of mine insisted that I pop it. I pointed at her and laughed. Then looked at her with a serious look and said, "No thanks, that would irritate my skin and cause more breakouts..I will wait it out and it will clear up." Really, thats some bad advice to pop and scratch at pimples, theres no greater way to cause more breakouts then that besides...maybe using sandpaper on your face. Why would you tell someone they have real bad acne? I have no idea..they know they do, so whats the point of it besides irritating them?

Remember guys..If people KNOW that they can't get to you then they won't try. They'll test you, just be confident and laugh at it and move on. If they know they can get to you, they will KEEP doing it. A lesson well learned early on in life. Don't let others get to you and if they try..reverse it or nod, smile, laugh and move on. There is NO better way to defeat them then that

Guest molly_jean_comments
I was at my cousins house for some xmas thing, and one my aunts said, your skin looks really good(I'm about 90% clear, thanks to lasers! and alot of money!) and I said your still looking fat to her :dance:

OMG thats shitty =/ Why would you say that to your aunt when she was giving you a compliment?!

i wish i had a friend like that! at least you know they're honest andddd if you ever get spinach stuck in your teeth you know that person will be the first to tell you

its common sense really. you don't go to a burned person and say your burned. or a person with cancer and say you're gonna die. sometimes i just don't understand people.

yeah well, thats a bit extreme

besides... maybe that person that was pointing out your acne was just being polite. they knew other people were going to notice, so they made sure to take the first stab at you. you know, kinda like cushioning the fall HAH. its always better to hear it from a friend first

Some people can be so stupid sometimes, they tell you as if you dont already know you have acne :doubt:.

they speak without thinking. that makes them look stupid.

it's ok, at least we dare to walk out on the street knowing we don't feel/look best yet we are much more considerate (since acne has lots of side effects ",) ) than such silly person.

karma: she might wake up the next morning having some pimples on her face :ninja:

they speak without thinking. that makes them look stupid.

it's ok, at least we dare to walk out on the street knowing we don't feel/look best yet we are much more considerate (since acne has lots of side effects ",) ) than such silly person.

karma: she might wake up the next morning having some pimples on her face :ninja:

Or get diarrhoea for weeks on end :dance:

It's like people just think that we can turn off the acne machine or something, once they tell us we have it. The average, normal-skin person really has no idea of the struggles we go through to get acne under control.

i wish i had a friend like that! at least you know they're honest andddd if you ever get spinach stuck in your teeth you know that person will be the first to tell you

There's difference between being honest & being rude. Also the spinach situation is completely different because 1) there is no mirror around for her to see herself after eating and 2) spinach in the teeth is easily removed. People who have acne own mirrors, look in them everyday, know they have it, & are probably doing their best to get rid of it. Telling someone DOES THEM NO GOOD. It just makes them feel bad. That is NOT a supportive friend.

lol Karma got me a few weeks ago.

I was on the phone talking about pimples with my friend and how this guy we know gets them on his neck. I was saying that I never get them on my neck and the next day....BOOM I get one.

Damn that really sucked lol

Aye I hear your pain some people just wanna say useless crap. Its as good as someone running out of an office building one day stopping at the door, yelling "MY GOD THE SKY IS BLUE!".

Why would you tell someone they have real bad acne?!
Well, let's cover the entire topic: why tell anyone of an imperfection that they have?

You even used an example yourself about having a huge ass. But I think for most it's better to have a huge ass than a moderate to severe case of acne. One reason I can think of off the top of my head is the need to feel superior (however skewed that perception may be.)

However, as you probably know, there are some people who don't have a filter. These people literally can't control the shit that comes out of their mouth, they really can't. It's not their fault, they're just psychologically and biologically defective human fucking beings. The truth is that these people usually don't last very long in life, because their comments usually slip when the Boss is around at work, or around friends at a party... as a result they often spend a majority of their lives alone and having frequent unprotected sex with strangers to justify their backwards-ass existence.

Informative: 4/10.

Comedic Value: 1,000,000/10. :D