Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

yeah and sunscreen if your out for more then a few min. cause you should be protecting your skin especially after peels.

I still keep the Tea Tree Oil, and Sunscreen!

Wish me luck!

In fact, I already seen improvement on my skin, i.e. great skin tone, new pimples just disappear, and redmarks left faded...wowowow!

DSC00223.jpg

Those are rubbish!

Make my skin worse!

I am trying the natural regime now!

No cleanser, no moisturiser etc...

Just water!

Hi,

I had a clear out a few weeks ago with washes and make-up etc. Anyway I went to doc and told him that everything I put on my face makes it redder and flakey - as I have sensitive skin in winter. And he gave me a Massive bottle of fash wash for acne prone and sensitive skin. It is only available on perscripition though, I was shocked as I would of thought they would of sold it in the shops. It cost me £6 for 500ml.

good luck.

i prefer using hardly any products too. most of the products out there for acne seem to irritate my skin even more, and make it even more dry and uncomfortable. i did though a few months back, just used water and after a few weeks, i started breaking out again. so i started using some stuff again.

but i hardly use anything, just face wash, and thats about it. apart from moisturising cream at the moment, cause the damn dermalogica products i used recently dried my skin out SO much its unbelievable. completely irritated my skin and it got worse. now im back to using not much at all, just face wash, cream and antibiotics. and its getting better.

one of my new years resolutions-to eat healthily, start getting up 45 mins earlier for work so i can go running/jogging, going out more, and using less stuff on my face.

cause at the moment, im eating way too much junk for many reasons; convenience, boredom, comfort. and im not been active enough, outside of work.

let us know how the products bare essentials thing goes.

I can't believe, and now I regret, that I spent my $$$ and time on all those rubbish!

My house mates use nothing, and they have great skin!

I use everything, and my skin is YUCK!

Now, I want my great skin back.

Like I said, not using any chemical products have make my skin better! WOW!

** I have no pimples today...I hate redmarks!

Good move to stop the products. We are all being drained of our money by companies who sell these "acne clearing" products. They know that their products do nothing for the majority of acne sufferers, but they still promote their expensive products saying that "it's a miracle", "will have you cleared up in weeks!" etc. The reason that they can do this is because as long as their product has helped one person they can promote it saying that it will help you too while they know it most likely wont help. People who suffer from acne will do anything to get rid of it and convince ourselves that these products will help us because they say they will help us. When we start using these products we look for the slightest improvement (the odds are that the product didn't cause the improvement, it was probably natural) and then give the credit for the minor improvement to the product you're using. We then run out of the product and go and buy more because we remember "the time it cleared up that small breakout".

Doctors/Dermatologists are the same in my opinion. Why do you think they are so hesitant about accutane to most? Because it works, that's why. They would rather prescibe us retin-a, duac, clindoxyl, clindamycin, tetracycline, minocycline etc. first. They know those products have a small % success rate, but they know we will buy them($$) if they say it will work. So in the end we end up spending 1000$+ on garbage then they say "okay I think it's time for accutane" which will costs more money on top of the base bill for the trash that didn't work. This is how the acne medication industry works. We are always getting hustled in order to keep them in business.

Now I got all off topic, sorry :shifty:

Good move to stop the products. We are all being drained of our money by companies who sell these "acne clearing" products. They know that their products do nothing for the majority of acne sufferers, but they still promote their expensive products saying that "it's a miracle", "will have you cleared up in weeks!" etc. The reason that they can do this is because as long as their product has helped one person they can promote it saying that it will help you too while they know it most likely wont help. People who suffer from acne will do anything to get rid of it and convince ourselves that these products will help us because they say they will help us. When we start using these products we look for the slightest improvement (the odds are that the product didn't cause the improvement, it was probably natural) and then give the credit for the minor improvement to the product you're using. We then run out of the product and go and buy more because we remember "the time it cleared up that small breakout".

Doctors/Dermatologists are the same in my opinion. Why do you think they are so hesitant about accutane to most? Because it works, that's why. They would rather prescibe us retin-a, duac, clindoxyl, clindamycin, tetracycline, minocycline etc. first. They know those products have a small % success rate, but they know we will buy them($$) if they say it will work. So in the end we end up spending 1000$+ on garbage then they say "okay I think it's time for accutane" which will costs more money on top of the base bill for the trash that didn't work. This is how the acne medication industry works. We are always getting hustled in order to keep them in business.

Now I got all off topic, sorry :shifty:

You are right!

A product that works for people does not always work for us. Everyone's skin is different!

I think I have found a regime, finally, that suits me, which is the NATURAL regime (no cleanser, no moisturiser).

Hehe, I am saving my $$$ now!

Well I haven't "dumped" as many products as you, but I decided to stop using BP for awhile. It keeps my face clear but the redness it produces has been driving me nuts lately. Face wash, lots of aloe vera and some moisturizer along with drinking lots of water and eating healthy (could be tough over the holiday season) will be reg for the next little while.

Good luck to ya.

Guest No Pride

Congrats on throwing that RUBBISH away. What do those things actually do? Make acne WORSE. The companies selling them make profits on the suffering of others. Those companies should be investigated immediately. Nothing made my skin clearer then STOPPING the use of products on my face, stopping the picking and touching on my face, and just splashing water on my face twice a day + showering. NO SOAP, NO NOTHING..just water.