remember4

Katie's Master Cleanse

Day 9:

Intake:

-12 drinks

-Yogi Get Regular Tea

Physical:

-3 BMs

-Felt hungry today, even after all my drinks. For a couple of them I measured the maple syrup wrong, so I put in less than normal. So that could definitely be part of it, but I also wonder if my hunger also was just built up.

-Really achy lower legs.

-I’ve had REALLY good results with the salt water flush and definitely would have done it more, but often had morning plans that kept me from being able to be near a toilet. Either way, sipping a quart of salt water was definitely worth it. I just told myself that it was a salty soup broth!

Emotional:

-Felt great, had good energy most of the day. It was very energizing to see some good friends.

Other:

-salt water flush

-dry skin brushing

-contrast shower

hey, good job on the cleanse... its very interesting to hear your progress and I'm glad you have persisted.

Just something I wanted to note about a previous post by Denise about candida.

Although sugar (ie: maple syrup) will typically increase candida, consuming lemon water will reduce it. It has been talked about that candida thrives in acidic bodies and therefore, we would be increasing the sugar but compensating by promoting alkalinity through the lemon juice.

In the right quantities, I would imagine that those two would cancel each other out... or at least minimize the change (more or less, who knows)

- just my 2cents

ps. I appreciate the emotional section of your log, as I really do feel it has an impact. However, I didn't notice any comments on how your skin was doing! After 10 days, is it better? Worse? Same ?

Day 10:

Intake:

-4 drinks

-organic dandelion root tea

-organic red clover tea

-2 cups fresh squeezed grapefruit juice

-2 grapefruits

-Yogi Get Regular Tea

Physical:

-1 BM

-I decided to start on grapefruit juice tonight because I want to make sure I’m okay eating solid food for lunch in 2 days when I meet up with family for lunch.

-I am SO cold. I think I mentioned before that I tend to be cold anyway, but this is like a perma-cold. I’m constantly under a blanket and drinking tea to keep warm. I know that this cleanse isn’t recommended for cold weather, and I’m not exactly sure why, but I think it’s definitely contributing to me being uncomfortable in that way. Oh well, this was definitely the best time for me to try the cleanse.

Emotional:

-SO ready for this to be over! I think knowing the end is so close makes it even more difficult.

-As I was shopping for some salad ingredients for the next couple days, a sense of panic gripped me. I’ve been thinking about it for a while and have decided that I really can’t afford to buy organic, as much as I’d like to. I have a huge fear of ruining whatever results I’ve gotten from the cleanse and am pretty fearful of starting to eat solid food again. Will my acne flare up once I start eating again, if it is indeed due to candida? Will I be able to keep up with a diet that is beneficial to acne? Am I on the right track at all? These are the anxieties and worries that are plaguing me right now. I’m thinking about trying some breathing meditation as R.S. has suggested recently, especially now that I have a lot of stress about the end of the cleanse.

Thanks, I really appreciate your input. I did think about the effect of the lemon, so I hope it actually worked. I've had good luck with drinking lemon water for reducing inflammation (or at least seeming to, could be all in my head!)

The first several days I posted pictures in the Diet/Holistic Health gallery and there's a link to that in my first post. My camera has been dead for the past couple days, but hopefully I'll get new pics up soon. My acne definitely calmed down over the course of the fast. Existing spots went down and I'd say I only got 4 or 5 new pimples, none of them major.

hey, good job on the cleanse... its very interesting to hear your progress and I'm glad you have persisted.

Just something I wanted to note about a previous post by Denise about candida.

Although sugar (ie: maple syrup) will typically increase candida, consuming lemon water will reduce it. It has been talked about that candida thrives in acidic bodies and therefore, we would be increasing the sugar but compensating by promoting alkalinity through the lemon juice.

In the right quantities, I would imagine that those two would cancel each other out... or at least minimize the change (more or less, who knows)

- just my 2cents

ps. I appreciate the emotional section of your log, as I really do feel it has an impact. However, I didn't notice any comments on how your skin was doing! After 10 days, is it better? Worse? Same ?

i honestly don't know, i haven't looked into it very much. but i've heard things about a "spit test" and bloodwork.

I am also doing the MC...how can you tell if you have candida?

Day +1 (start of regular food)

Intake:

-1 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice

-1 grapefruit

-Yogi Get Regular tea

-salad (cereal bowl-sized: kale, red pepper, tomato, zucchini, sprouts, red onion, 1 TB Health From the Sun brand The Total EFA vegetarian liquid, juice of ½ lemon)

-salad (dinner plate-sized: kale, green pepper, tomato, yellow squash, sprouts, red onion, avocado, 1 TB Total EFA, juice of ½ lemon)

Physical:

-116 lbs

-2 BMs- clearly some of last night’s grapefruit came out.

-After I ate the salads I could feel my tummy rumbling, but it wasn’t too bad. At a few points I thought I was going to have diarrhea, my stomach was pretty upset, but it went away quickly.

Emotional:

-Feeling good about starting on solid food again. I’m really nervous about my acne flaring up with all the grapefruit I’d be eating, so I’m starting on the salad. According to the Master Cleanser book I should be waiting another 2 days… but I’m not going to. I’ll take it slow and listen to my body. But I’m not risking breaking out from the sugar from the fruit. I did notice some new spots today, so I’m not going to push it.

-One thing I’ve noticed about myself is that I really enjoy walking through grocery stores, even if I have no intention of buying anything. I think it has to do with part of the food obsession because of my normally restrictive diet, and now even more with the fast. Out doing errands today, I went to three “ethnic markets†to just walk around and see what they had, compare prices on things I might buy down the road. But I also seem to get a sense of satisfaction in saying to myself, “Nope, I’m not gonna eat that. Not gonna eat that, either.†I’m guessing that’s not too healthy. But one good thing is I realized that a couple items I get at natural food markets (coconut oil, nuts, seeds, sea vegetables) are considerably cheaper at ethnic food stores. They’re most likely not organic products, but I’ve already decided that organic living doesn’t fit into my budget right now :)

Well, I've now been on regular food for a week now. I can't say that I've seen an improvement in my acne since the cleanse, although it's hard to tell. During the cleanse my acne calmed down. When I went off the cleanse I got my period and my acne also flared up. Now I'm eating mostly vegetables, seeds and nuts, except for grapefruit and occasional rice. I've also seriously increased my fat intake with flax, borage, and evening primrose oils as well as from eating avocado. My spots have calmed down in the past couple days, as I've also been just washing with water and moisturizing twice a day instead of once. So I didn't get the "miracle cure" I was hoping for but am glad I did it... I think it must've benefited my body in some way and also made me more in-tune with my hunger and my body's needs. I'm going to try juice fasting once a week and would definitely consider doing another Master Cleanse in the future, although probably for a shorter period of time. My camera is just now up and running again, so I'm going to try to put up pictures fairly soon. Thanks for all your comments and input!