Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya

Tape Method of Peeling - Cheap and Effective for RED MARKS!!

i just tried it um..lol..felt kinda stupid, but i cant see it doing any harm, hopefully it will do some good XD

I have sensitive skin and I do it. I don't do it daily...maybe once or twice a week is all I need. If I feel like my skin is super sensitive on a particular day, I don't do it. Make sure you don't repeat areas or it will get irritated. Don't make the mistake of trying stronger tapes. And if you have any irritation at all, use some aloe afterwards....pure aloe, not the shit with menthol or alcohol in it. Taping makes my face super smooth.

PS - I was doing this for months before I saw this...my friends were always looking at me like I was a weirdo carrying around scotch tape in my purse. It is awesome in a pinch when the skin around my nose starts peeling.

You can save time by using clear packaging tape from your local post office.

Just kidding - DON'T DO THAT! :lol:

This is a really cool idea. I believe I'll be giving it a try. Thank you!

I just tried it on couple of my flakey marks I had gotten from picking/scratching my pimples or trying to push out blackheads but accidently chipping some skin off. (OUCH!!)

yeah but I was left with ugly darkish red/brown marks.

Tried the tape. Pressing down on the mark with one finger then other hand holding the strip. Pulling fast.

Then I noticed on the tape was a patch of dry skin with brownish/red on them and saw the mark on my face.

Lighter pink.

Nearly fainted. I have been trying to heal the scars for three weeks now.

Thank you ;___;

i would like to know if duck tape would be safe to use and yeild greater results, since it seems to have some healing properties...

maya, it seems to be working. i've recently had to find alternatives to glycolic acid and bp due to sudden hypersensitivity.

you are very patient in answering peoples questions. most people would hate me because my response would be "i'm not a derm, try it yourself or f*** off" LOL

I've been doing this for about 4 days now, morning, and night. I've seen alot of improvements in my red marks, even one's that's been there for months. This is a for sure go, jus don't go crazy taping the same area over and over, or you'll be hecka red.

LOL been here for months and i didnt even know such thread exist and hell... u guys are raving about it! its pretty stupid method but if it works shit who friggin cares ill give this a go tomorrow

imma buy some new cellotape for this lol. cheers

haha, i know this is a stupid question, but is duct tape like dangerous? Because its the only kind of tape i have and i wanted to try it..and since there were 18 pages and I didnt take the time to read them all...would this make any significant appearances in dark spots before friday? and how many times a day would you have to do it?

Duct tape will grip your face way too much. Go buy scotch tape, it's light, cheap, and won't do damage. Duct tape should not be an option.

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that, I used to do this in the days I was stupid and never used moisturizer, but now I am sure it will work amazing. I can do this to all my acne prone areas and it will come off harmlessly.

WOW, nice!!

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that, I used to do this in the days I was stupid and never used moisturizer, but now I am sure it will work amazing. I can do this to all my acne prone areas and it will come off harmlessly.

I will continue to put this back into my regimen, thank you so much for reminding me about this!

You can even put it over acne and it will take the dead skin off around it instead and not disturb the acne.

I peel slowly instead, works the same less irritation =D

i don't really have anymore active acne but my whole face is covered in red marks, and let me just say THE TAPING METHOD WORKS!. I don't know who maya is but this works.

At first when i read this, i completely thought it was a bogus thread, but tape method + aloe vera = clear skin

this is my regimen

cetaphil cleanser

scotch tape the whole face,

neutrogena on the spot

and aloe vera from the plant

90% clear

I'm trying this.

I'll update you guys. Trying to clear up my scars and hopefully make my skin/nose less oily.

I've only been doing this 3 days, and the left side of my face where there has been scarring forever is looking better than ever :)

Don't tell anyone, might jinx it.....hehehe :lol: