Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnny

Starting the regimen too

I'm suffering from acne for about 8 years, I'm 23 years old now. Before the summer i thought it finally got better, during my two week holiday i didn't get a single zit and the red spots seemed to fade as well. But I guess this was just because the sun and the sea, because lately it came back worse than ever before, and my face looks like shit again.

So i started the regimen. Beause I live in Holland not all the supplies are available here, but I found some similar products.

- soapbar (ingredients are similar to the purpose soap)

- Dove all day moisturizer

- Bp (5%)

The first few days (I started last Monday) my face got very dry and my face felt tight, but it seems to be getting better now. My face still looks bad with lots of red zits (i think they are called macules) and a few new whiteheads popped up.

So how long does it take to see good results? I'll keep you updated on the progress.

If you really want to give the regimen a try you really should try to use only the reccommended products. The 2.5% bp is really preferred to 5%. Dan lists several moisturizers with a proven track record--please try to get them.

Many people write the regimen isn't working, but they are using products that have stronger or different chemicals--try Dan's recommended products first and then--make subsitutions later.

yup..i agree with wmerwinproduct and I discovered their products always left a residue on your skin.That maybe clogged pores and prevent the BP to absorb into your skin. Choose other alternative moisturizer. Such as neutrogena or purpose. Cleanse your skin at least twice per day but dun exceed 3 times. That's all...in additional, use a 2.5% as your starting kit...it's more gentle yet not irritate your skin~...have a good try..nice day~ :wink:

god bless you,

cheers,

garkee2002 :wink:

Guest fatman_uk

Ive tried a lot of the Dove products an theyve all worked fine for me, the shampoo is good IMO an the soap bar is THE BEST one ive found in the UK. I think the 'residue' u keep mentioning might act more like a barrier, defending the skin rather than clogging pores. Im clear an i use it so i see no evidence that it clogs mine anyhow.

If ur in the UK try the moisturiser from 'Urban Rites', its the best thing ive found since Dan's site itself, LOL.

It's called 'Face Relief Moisturising Balm'

www.urbanrites.com

-Gaz

Thanks for your replies. I've ordered the 2,5% bp and the purpose soap + moisturizer 2 1/2 weeks ago, but it takes some time to ship the stuff to Holland.

I received the supplies I ordered at ShopInprivate.com yesterday. The shipping costs were really expensive, but when it works it's worth it.

I noticed already that the Neutrogena 2,5% bp is much easier on the skin than the 5% bp i was using before. When I was on a holiday in the USA four years ago, I was using Neutrogena on the spot as well and it worked amazingly good back then.

Some new whiteheads popped up last Friday after working out altough I immediately took a shower afterwards. It may have been the moisturizer I was using (Dove all Day Moisturizer). Now I have all the right products I hope to see some results soon.

Ik ben 23 en ook student. Van de rabobank heb ik een creditcard, kon gewoon bij een studentenrekening.

Ik heb nu een keer wat besteld in Amerika, maar de verzendkosten zijn inderdaad erg hoog. Op die Engelse site zijn de verzendkosten stukken lager.

In principe kan je "the regimen" ook volgen met spullen die je in Nederland kan krijgen, alleen kan je hier nergens 2,5% bp krijgen maar alleen 5%. Ik heb die 5% bp een tijdje gebruikt maar dat spul droogt mijn huid erg uit. Wat zeep en een moisturizer betreft moet je goed letten op de ingredienten letten die erin zitten. DDD zeep heeft bijvoorbeeld bijna dezelfde ingredienten als de Purpose zeep.

Guest fatman_uk

^^^I think i jus turned dislexic, i can't read all ovva sudden! :?

-Gaz

I'm going into week 5 of my regimen. My face is still pretty bad with lots of red pimples and the occasional whitehead. Altough i'm following the regimen very closely i don't see any major improvements.

New pimples come and go in some sort of pattern, after they dissapear they come back in about 3-4 weeks at the exact same place.

My regimen is like this:

Morning

-Shower

-Wash and shave using the Purpose soap

-wait 10 min and apply 2,5%bp

-wait another 10 min and apply moisturizer

Evening

-wash with Purpose

-apply 2,5%bp

I'm also taking 5g of BP a day.

Now that I am seeing people regularly for before and after pictures here at my home I have noticed some things that people tend to do that might make them think they are on the regimen, but really are not.

1. They are too rough when they wash. Washing should involve hardly touching your face at all and should last for a few seconds only.

2. They apply the bp with too much pressure. You are smearing it around, again trying not to touch your face any more than is needed, and patiently letting it absorb itself. This takes a few minutes.

3. Same as #2 with moisturizer

The last thing I'd ask is how much bp are you using. I go through a tube per week and my problem areas is only my face under my nose. If you are applying to the entire face, you should be using 2 tubes per week for instance.

Thanks for the tips Dan. I'll take a close look at my regimen and try to improve it.

I used to wash my face pretty roughly but after reading the instructions and watching the video I do it very gentle, longer than a few seconds though.

I slowly increased the amount of bp, at the moment i'm using two fingers worth. This is for my entire face, the main problem areas are my cheeks and jawlines.

O...Johnny, you have went to see dermatologist. So, you are currently consuming presciption medicine without using any skin products , right?keep on posting, I'll be watching about your progress, see whether I can give you some opinion or not...good luck.~ :wink:

cheers,

garkee2002 :wink:

I'm actually still using skin products. I ran out of Neutrogena 2,5 % so i'm now using 5 % because Neutrogena isn't available here in Holand. I try to follow Dan's regimen as close as possible using the Purpose soap and moisturizer.

The last weeks my face looked terrible with lots of red spots and some whiteheads and very dry, I guess this was due to the fact i used too much bp. So currently i'm using the bp only at night cause otherwise my face turns red and flaky. When my face gets used to the bp i'm gonna apply the bp twice a day.

First of all: Happy new year to all of you!!

It's been a long time since my last update. My face almost cleared up during the last few weeks. The last two weeks no new zits popped up, I still have some red spots, but i guess they will fade within a few weeks. This was my regimen the last weeks:

AM

- Wash and shave using Purpose bar

- After 15 min. apply Purpose moisterizer

PM

- Wash face with Purpose bar

- Apply 1 finger worth of BP (5%)

I've also been taking 100 mg Minocycline a day. My doc prescribed me this drug for 6 weeks, ending tomorrow. I hope my skin condition stays this way after i finish taking the minocycline.