Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
real maverick

Sudocrem for healing during the regimen (updated)

Just want to make sure:

Does sudocrem really helps against blackheads?

Want to hear more people about it..

I tried this a while back and got a veritable ONSLAUGHT of blackheads, which was strange, because I'd never ever gotten a blackhead in my life before that. :eh: Sudocrem is brilliant stuff though for burns and the like though, it's one of those staple British medicine-cabinet things like TCP and surgical spirit haha. That's a thought - TCP is rather good for spot treating, although you do smell a bit afterwards.

Well, I read pages 1-14 of this thread, then just gave up and ordered the Sudocrem. It's coming from the neighbors up north, so shouldn't take too long to get here. Here's how I plan to use it, maybe someone can tell me if this sounds about right: wait for face to air-dry after washing, apply DKR BP, wait about 10 minutes, apply Alpha Hydrox Enhanced lotion (10% glycolic), wait 10 minutes, then try to smear a small amount of Sudocrem all over face. Anyone done this? Okay to use with AHA? I'm gonna stop using it immediately if it makes me break out, and I will totally know because I don't really have any actives, only red marks. So if anyone has some tips for me, please let me know, otherwise I guess I will just post again after I try it.

Here's to wishful thinking :unsure:

P.S. I only bought a 15g container, but the folks say a little bit goes a long way with this stuff right? How long do you think it will last?

Ok I had to stop the normal regimen cos my face was so red and itchy... gonna give it another go this time with the sudocreme - wish me luck...

Yo Maverick, maybe give us an idea of how much is "moisturizer and lots of it".... like a fistful? Lol

BTW I was hoping that this creme would solve the redness of my skin - i'm not refering to acne hyperpigmentation or the like but just the redness from the bp... I wasn't flaking for a while just noticeably red... people kept asking me if I had been in the sun :(

Rynie, try changing your BP. I am allergic to some brands, they make me bright red and itchy. It's not the BP itself, it's other ingredients in the BP.

Personally I wouldn't introduce sudocrem until you've at least got your skin under control with the BP.

Lots of moisturizer is like a finger full perhaps. Try adding a few drops of Jojoba oil for extra moisture.

Rynie, try changing your BP. I am allergic to some brands, they make me bright red and itchy. It's not the BP itself, it's other ingredients in the BP.

Personally I wouldn't introduce sudocrem until you've at least got your skin under control with the BP.

Lots of moisturizer is like a finger full perhaps. Try adding a few drops of Jojoba oil for extra moisture.

So the redness I get is an allergy? Does this allergy appear after a while? cos I was fine for like 2 weeks on half a finger before it got red... anyway by the time I saw your reply I had tried your regimen already - so hopefully in the morn I'll wake up with a smile on my face...

This should be pinned, very useful and contains lots of useful stuff.

I managed to completely rid myself of acne and spots about a year ago - although I'm not sure whether that's due to what I was using or that I just 'grew out' of them as some people do.

Anyway I still had a red and uneven complexion to my face which I wanted to get rid of. I'd tried various moisturisers and washes to no avail. Just happened to come across a tub of Sudocrem in the bathroom and saw on the tub that it could be used for acne. I thought I'd give it a try to see what would happen.

I've been using it now for about three weeks, and like Maverick, all I can say is that I'm amazed by its effectiveness. My complexion becomes more and more even everyday and some of the scars and open pores are starting to become less pronounced. By the way, I'm using only Sudocrem and nothing else after washing (evenings), my skin feels more hydrated and smoother than ever before. I get the feeling from reading other posts that I'm using more than other people, but it works for me - my face has a noticeable but slight white appearance after applying.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants to fade redness or to help with uneven complexion. It really is a godsend. I find it fairly easy to wash off as long as you use a cleanser of some kind - even with stubble/facial hair. It might be best to use a white pillowcase/bed linen because it can be noticeable on coloured linen.

In Canada, Sudocrem can be found at any Loblaws with a pharmacy.

Picked up some today, and I'm going to give it a go tonight.

I'll post results tomorrow.

hey!

im not doing the regimen but i am on accutane [ been 6 weeks now on 35 then 60 mgs dosage]

at the moment i am cleansing with simple cleanser and then simple toner and boots alternative tea tree antiseptic cream[ on active and poped pimples] and then been using savlon as my moisturiser which has been working well-0 however when i checked the ingredients it doesnt have any zinc oxide so i have used sudocream on my skin for 2 days now except on the popped ones which i will put a blob on when this layer is dry...

anyways i will keep you all updated on how it goes as i dont think many people have been using sudocream with accutane but hopefully it will work- i have many old marks- over a year old but some newer ones and will probs have laser after tane btu i hope it manages to reduce the marks a little bit at least also i wont have to have so many laser treatments...

also for all those who are just using sudocrem as a layer with out massaging it in i think it would be more beneficial; or you to massage it in- even if only for a min or two as i think this would help to penetrate the layers beneath the top layer of skin- well i will keep you all updated and fingers crossed it works well for you and me!!! :dance:

xx

sudocrem is great. it dries any big spot out in like 3days. i'd cry if my little tub got stolen :surprised:

big blobs of it before bedtime (very attractive) on any active spot is what i do. it starts to become a bit oily though by morning so no longer than that

First Application: Morning after, I noticed no real improvement, and the appearance of one new spot.

Second Application: Morning after, new spot almost gone, skin feels smoooth, and looks a little bit more even.

i cant find sudocrem in Singapore..

But i found Mustela Vitamin Barrier Cream which contains 10% zinc oxide and caprylyl glycol and Vitamin B5 and Vitamin F and Shea Butter

Is this safe to use?

Will Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion be safe to use on the face before i use the Mustela?

Thanks

Read through the first 4 pages of this thread and saw how many of you are raving about this sudocrem, I went straight to eBay and has ordered a tube. I've also ordered Dan's Regime after reading so many successful stories, so I'm just making sure that I'm clear on all the steps:

we all know that DKR is to be applied twice a day right? Do I just put on the sudocrem at night only? And this sudocrem is the last step after the moisturizer right?

Would really apprecite any help! I've been a moderate acne suffer for 7 years now and I've tried many products but none seemed to work for me. I was desperate for clear skin when I stumbled upon this website and was so happy to find that I'm not alone. I have strong faith in Dan's Regime and the sudocrem. I hope they would heal my acne and red marks once and for all.

Edit: I also ordered the AHA+, any idea on when to use this medication and how does it work? any of you guys have incorporate this medication to the 3-steps regime (DKR)? I've read the information on Dan's website but still couldn't figure out the best use for it.

hey, i think a lot of people are incorporating the aha in, basically it exfoliates the skin, making pores less likely to clog, you can use it in place of moisturiser as the 3rd step once a day, or if your skin is dry you may want to make aha your 3rd step then moisturise about 10 mins after. if you're somewhere not very sunny you could do the aha in the morning then put the sudocream on after your moisturiser at night, though if you are in the sun you should use the aha at night as it makes your skin very sensitive to the sun/,make sure you wear sun cream in the morning. i woulndnt use the sudocream in the day as itll make your skin look really white. good luck!

Thanks for your helpful information. I received the DKR in the mail today and quite excited :) Though I do have a question to ask: We all know that the regimen is to be used twice a day (night and day) which means the medications are to be on our faces at all time right? Well, I have work in the morning and I'm afraid the BP would clog my pores while I'm out in the hot and sunny weather. My face tends to get very oily while I'm at work.

Has anyone here tried using the regimen just for night and had good result with it? my Sudocrem hasn't arrived yet so I'm still reluctant to try the regimen all by itself. You see, my best friend's wedding is in 2 weeks so I don't want to risk anything that cause me to break out. And from the "What to expect" page, breakouts are normal in the first few weeks. My face is already really bad with all the red marks and scars from old acnes, plus I have 3 active ones too, sucks isn't it? I hope the combination of Sudocrem and DKR wouldn't cause me huge breakouts and at the same time, still are able to heal my skin. Can sudocrem help to minimize breakouts on the first few weeks of the regimen?

Anyone here are using DKR? How did your skin react to the medication after one week of usage? I know different skin type have different reactions to the regimen and I have already read the "What to expect" page from Dan's website. However, I just want to hear how DKR has been working for you guys.

*EDIT* Anyone also using Dan's moisturizer? I was reading through the "Regimen Products" section and many seemed to have allergic reaction with the moisturizer. Would it be ok for me to use the AHA+ in place of the moisturizer? Sorry if I seemed to be too overprotective of my skin but I just had two HUGE breakouts a week ago and am still recovering from them :cry:

Arrgg, I'm tempted to use Dan's Regimen...I think I'll start using it tonight. The sudocrem probably won't come in for another week...I'm so desperate of getting my skin to be better.

+Edit (7/6)+ Never mind my rant guys. I sent my questions and got all the needed answers from Brandy. Anyway, thanks for reading and best of lucks to you guys. I hope this Sudocrem works as well as many of you has claimed.

So I can just apply this after I apply BP? I don't like to use a moisturizer on top of my bp because it causes my face to sting. In the morning I don't use bp because of the sun exposure. So does sudocrem act as a moisturizer?

Hi, this has been an interesting read. I have some sudocrem here (I have a 5 month old) and have decided to give it a go. It really makes sense though as to why Zinc would be benificial.

:D

Hi, well i gave it a go last night. I woke up with smooth, soft skin that was all one even tone!! (Before and after washing) I had one small pimple on my chin yesterday and it seems to have halted it a little. Great stuff!!

This stuff was awful for me. I burned when i applied it, it did nothing to even my skin tone, and it took forever to rinse off in the morning. I did not like it.