Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi, has anyone tried a liver flush? some people claim it took care of their acne....this is where u drink a combination of olive oil and lemon juice, there r different variations, where u drink apple juice before this procedure, or use epsom salts...but the basic idea is that the olive oil and lemon make the liver expel cholesterol 'stones' that r preventing the liver from functioning properly.

I do take colon cleanse pills and chlorophyll tablets. I don't know if it has been that instrumental in keeping me clear, but I have read so many things about what is in our bodies and I want those toxins out of mine =; I think cleaning out toxins is a good idea, regardless if it helps with acne or not.

I have done 2 flushes...so glad you asked this question as I forgot to update after my second one on the detox thread...

I would say it has helped me. After my 1st one I was clear 100%...but I had also been on the acne cure for a while and wasn't sure which helped more... Then I got another break out (5 big pimples). Thus, liver flush number 2!

It has been 8 days since my last flush. All 5 pimples have healed - major plus since it generally takes them forever to heal. I have had 1 pimple since the flush...it came to head quickly and has healed. So, I am clear for the moment (still have my lovely red marks and 3 slightly raised scars...God willing, those will be gone shortly.)

So, in a nutshell: I say go for it! curezone.com has great detailed instructions. I believe it does help my skin...of course not a miracle, but it helps! Aside from that, I feel awesome all over! It takes me a couple days to bounce back...but once I do, I feel better than I have in years! (I did the flush Saturady night...Sunday I fell weak, Monday tired...Tuesday = AWESOME!)

Good luck

Yes...it is rather nasty! You can siplemon juice (or grapefruit) to cut the YUCK factor down. Don't gulp...no drinking water! It'll make you vomit. Oil and water don't mix!

i have a VERY low/sensitive throw up trigger.. or whatever you wanna call it. i can just think of things and feel like i'm gonna lose my lunch. if i drink or eat something that tastes horrible, it's over.

i cannot take any kind of shot (alcohol) cause those always instantly trigger it.

but the basic idea is that the olive oil and lemon make the liver expel cholesterol 'stones' that r preventing the liver from functioning properly.

njacobs, you are so funny...i love you wittiness.

anyway, try it...you'll see all kinds of funk coming out of your body. wouldn't have believed it if i hadn't done it myself =; ...i guess if i were REALLY skeptical, i would wonder if it was truly coming from my liver :-k ...know what? after seeing that stuff, i don't care where it come from as long as it came OUT. biggrin.gif

botchla, i cannot throw up if i try...maybe that's why the olive oil doesn't bother me too much. i have thrown up 3 times in the last 30 years. (2 with kidney stones and once when i drank water with olive oil cocktail) by the way, i'm one day one of your regimen - that stuff feels great! I'll keep you updated on the thread you started!