Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NinaTripodi

skin tone and going orange

is it just my imagination...or is only people with darker complexions who go orange with certain brands of makeup???

i go to tanning salons...and was thinking of getting ride of my tan to help prevent the orangness...any ideas???

are you using mineral makeup? im light/pale and i usually notice that when im using a wrong shade mineral makeup i turn orange eeekk

is it just my imagination...or is only people with darker complexions who go orange with certain brands of makeup???

i go to tanning salons...and was thinking of getting ride of my tan to help prevent the orangness...any ideas???

No about of tan can make a difference. Some people are born with beauty some not.

Cruel to be kind ... sorry love

Some mineral makeups can turn orange on your skin. I read on another board that it's from certain types of sericite mixing with the oils that your skin produces.

No about of tan can make a difference. Some people are born with beauty some not.

What the hell kinda post is that?

What are you trying to say?

Nina was born with beauty.. definately

What the hell kinda post is that?

What are you trying to say?

Nina was born with beauty.. definately

Who are you - her lover?

why did you say that??? your such a hurtful person :(

well, i agree that fake tanning is unattractive, but that doesn't make the person unattractive. ;) it's also indicative of where you live, the people you hang out with, etc. I think Nina is naturally attractive :), with or without the fake and bake.

Nina, don't worry about Mitsey being a hater.

Don't get mad, feel sorry for them and their ugly ways.

Perhaps you shouldnt send messages like that when she has been hitting on me fella on this site and then sending me nasty messages. Two sides to every story hun.

mitsey. Please, for all the people on the board, just stfu.

Now, with regards to the oranginess. That could be due to 2 things.

1: you're wearing the wrong shade

2: the foundation has a tendancy to oxidise. (some brands are more notorious to oxidising than others, e.g. MAC).

There are 2 ways round this:

1: use a different foundation

2: if the shade changes during the course of the day, use a "lighter" shade than usual, so that when the colour changes, it'll become your "natural" colour.

I hope that helps? :angel:

Nina, don't worry about Mitsey being a hater.

Don't get mad, feel sorry for them and their ugly ways.

Perhaps you shouldnt send messages like that when she has been hitting on me fella on this site and then sending me nasty messages. Two sides to every story hun.

you are very right.

silly of me to think an internet site would be drama free.

I retract my previous statement.

tash, ami, kallia, duchess...ty for your advice

mitsey. Please, for all the people on the board, just stfu.

Now, with regards to the oranginess. That could be due to 2 things.

1: you're wearing the wrong shade

2: the foundation has a tendancy to oxidise. (some brands are more notorious to oxidising than others, e.g. MAC).

There are 2 ways round this:

1: use a different foundation

2: if the shade changes during the course of the day, use a "lighter" shade than usual, so that when the colour changes, it'll become your "natural" colour.

I hope that helps? :angel:

No problems, Nina! ;)

I used to swear by MAC foundations, but the whole orange-turning-thing halfway through the day REALLY used to get on my nerves. MAC foundations have great coverage, but the tendancy to oxidise is what puts lots of people off it. What foundation was you using? Maybe I could suggest another similar for you.

Oh, and ignore Mitsey... it's probably her "time of the month" or something :razz:

No problems, Nina! ;)

I used to swear by MAC foundations, but the whole orange-turning-thing halfway through the day REALLY used to get on my nerves. MAC foundations have great coverage, but the tendancy to oxidise is what puts lots of people off it. What foundation was you using? Maybe I could suggest another similar for you.

Oh, and ignore Mitsey... it's probably her "time of the month" or something :razz:

ty for your help...your very kind...im using MAC studio fix fluid, it has SPF sunscreen init which is why i like it...the color code is NW43 if that helps

Guest molly_jean_comments

OMG that was so b****y! Shes not ugly; what was your point in writing that? Shes stealing your man; wtf are you talking about; that is so immature.

Guest molly_jean_comments

You are a pretty woman. Dont listen to Mitsey; remember its Christmas; now go have fun with your family today :)

QUOTE(rodd @ Dec 24 2006, 07:04 PM)

god this is pathetic. nina, you only have yourself to blame for starting the whole thing when you called mitsey stupid, and its sad that you then come in here to whinge about it when she says hurtful things about you in return.

QUOTE(NinaTripodi @ Dec 21 2006, 01:37 PM)

...you'll understand how stupid you sound right now

cruel to be kind...sorry love

XoXo

^ that is exactly what you said to mitsey before she 'attacked' you in the makeup section.. and while you didnt specifically say the words "you're stupid" (just like mitsey didn't specifically say the words "you're ugly") it was definitely implied, and evidently mitsey saw it that way too.

and the only thing thats 'crzy' is that i am actually bothering to write this.. i have enough bitches in my life without wasting my time with them online as well

No problems, Nina! ;)

ty for your help...your very kind...im using MAC studio fix fluid, it has SPF sunscreen init which is why i like it...the color code is NW43 if that helps

Hmm... Well, I'm not 100% on shades, but I'll recommend you some foundations that I've had good experiences with.

Laura Mercier oil free foundation <-- this gives you awesome coverage and a lovely natural but matte look.

Laura Mercier powder foundation <-- Great powdered foundation, however, for the amount you pay... it does make you wonder if it's worth it or not :think:

Prescriptives Traceless Foundation (spf8) <-- this is more like a tinted moisturiser, but has more coverage than you're "average" tinted moisturiser. It feels really light, like you've got nothing on!

Prescriptives oil free foundation <-- another foundation with added spf 15 in it. Nice coverage too.

Maybelline everfresh foundation spf 15 <-- This foundation the best drugstore foundation that'll I've found. Coverage is fantastic, stays matte and is great.

If you want, when you next go to your local dept. store, ask one of the makeup artists to give you a sample of those foundations (most places will do that), that way you can give those a go and see what works best for you. :) As for spf in makeup, I tend to wear my spf with my moisturiser (I use either MAC day spf light moisturiser or Simple spf 20 face lotion ).

I hope that helps?!