Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stonewall

my dermarolling AND fraxel combo treatment for acne scarring

hello everyone,

i posted for the first time a few weeks ago concerning a doctor's appt. i was to have in ATL, GA with edmond griffin of dermatology associates of ATL. well, i had the appt. last friday to discuss dr. griffin's approach to treating acne scars--medical dermarolling and a combination of fraxel in one session. i have very mild rolling scars on my cheeks from cystic acne by way. the kind of scars that really aren't that obvious unless you really go looking for them or at certain angles/in certain lighting.

anyway, to have a very concerned and honest party's opinion on the subject besides my own, i took my mom with me to the appt. just to get her thoughts. after listening to dr. griffin and seeing the before/after pics of his own patients with the same treatment both our minds were made up that this treatment was worth a shot. i was very, very impressed with the results other patients with MUCH, MUCH more severe scarring than me had after just a couple of months. dramatic isn't the word--astounding would be more appropriate. of course, we all heal differently and these folks might be "THE" ones that happen to have the most recovery of all. but, according to everyone i talked to at the office from the nurses to the lady taking pictures who doesn't do the treatments but sees the patients for pics, she said everyone with this treatment had responded to this dual treatment and many were so pleased after two sessions they were done!

i was very, very lucky that dr. griffin and his nurse, sandra, were able to get me in monday for both treatments. guess it helps being a patient of that office for half my life and praying that the timeframe could work considering i live three and half hours away from ATL! i showed up monday afternoon and we took pics in a super-fancy contraption so i do have genuine "before" pics to use as a control in my case. they said when i come back for my follow-up i can have copies of "before/afters" and i can post something then. so he could be as aggessive with the dermaroller as he wanted to be, he suggested i have a sedative along with the topical numbing cream so i took his advice. after being numbed up for about an hour, i was injected in the backside, and after about 20 more minutes i remember seeing my pulse dropping down, down, down, and down--talk about relaxed! matter of fact i was getting so hot from the injection they had to use the zimmer cooler on me to keep me comfortable. but, i surely wasn't concerned for too much pain at that moment!

dr. griffin came in and literally took about five minutes to roll my face with the dermaroller. he used the medical dermaroller designed by horst liebl, model MS4. this is one of the rollers with the 1.5mm needles. he rolled in a matrix pattern across both sides of my face and around my chin area. that area was the most tender during the rolling. everything else i tolerated w/o one issue. nothing hurt just a tad bit uncomfortable from the pressure around the chin when he'd bare down to start the rolling.

after dermarolling, sandra took over with the fraxel. she prepped me with the blue guiding dye and cranked up the machine. they have the fraxel one machine but will be getting the upgrade in february to the fraxel two. sandra said it was set at 18 for my treatment which they considered to be aggressive w/o using the chiller. don't know why, but they said using the cool air doesn't give as good a result with the laser so they suggested i do w/o it. they do this everyday so i didn't argue and said fine. i wanted the best results this treatment could give me.

the fraxel wasn't bad at all on the initial passes. just a bit of little, warm pinpricks. however, after some of the extra numbing cream had rubbed off, the last couple of passes along my jawline were uncomfortable to the point of getting my attention. i won't neccesarily say painful--but, the injection they gave me wasn't NEAR as effective on those last few passes. the warm little pinpricks started to feel more like damn hot pinpricks! but, it was soon to be over . . .

after the treatment, she washed off the blue dye and it all came off w/o any issues and they pulled up some lighted contraption that blinked hundreds of some, LED-looking lights in my face for about half a minute. then, they went over the aftercare procedures. i'm washing with purpose liquid soap AM and PM and applying a product called neocutis to the affected areas after washing. of course, sun screen is to go on if i venture out in the world.

my mom was shocked at how i looked after the treatment. she really suspected i'd be super-red and way swollen. but, that wasn't the case at all. as i write this on wednesday mid-day after a monday treatment at 3 p.m. the left side of my face is just about back to normal. you'd be hard pressed to know i ever had anything done! the "bronzing" stage as they call it, has kicked in and the right side of my face is really starting to show that. the redness is gone, most the minimal swelling i had is gone as well. at my worst, it looked like i had a really good wind/sunburn from being out on the ski slopes for a day w/o sun protection. i'd say by friday, if the healing continues as it does, i'll look like nothing ever happened with regard to discoloration or swelling. i guess i'm supposed to peel some time soon! but, that really hasn't happened.

now, the biggie--results . . . of course, this is a process. matter of fact, according to the research i've read ad nauseum concerning collagen induction therapies (what dermarolling and fraxel are) the collagen production of one's healing process really doesn't kick in till day five or so. then, the true collagen that you really want to boost your scarring is the very last stage of healing that continues for months afterwards. at this point, i'm certainly not worse off by any stretch and i'm holding back any judgements since i'm still in the recovery phase (however brief/slight my recovery luckily is) after a double-dose of collagen induction therapy! i think my best time to see "initial results" will be about this time next week. that's just my assumption, though. after a few weeks, i should see the gradual production of collagen soften my rolling scars and i'm supposed to have my follow-up appt. and pics in four weeks. guess then maybe the pics will show the true results of what i've endured and paid for.

speaking of cost, the dermarolling was $500. this included the cost of the roller at $125. the roller can be reused on me by dr. griffin if i choose to have more treatments. i believe he said they'd used the same roller on someone three or four times so you can get some mileage out of one. subsequent dermarolling will only cost $375/treatment since i own the roller! since fraxel wasn't used on the entire face, just the affected areas, i was charged $500 for the fraxel. the sedative injection was $150. all total i paid $1150 for this two-step treatment. not too bad considering the results pics i saw for folks after just one treatment! you just have to give it time . . .

for those who can't afford fraxel, i HIGHLY suggest the medical dermarolling. piece of cake procedure that's not too pricey. and, i believe the procedure when done properly and deep enough into the skin will promote a result. how much a result i guess just depends on how your body responds.

anyway, i wanted to post about my first experience and i'll make updates later! thanks for reading . . .

SW

That's awesome Stonewall! I really am crossing my fingers for you. I'm excited to see your photos at the four week mark. Do keep us updated... :)

That's awesome Stonewall! I really am crossing my fingers for you. I'm excited to see your photos at the four week mark. Do keep us updated... :)

i appreciate the support, gemma. i almost hate to make a big deal out of any progress i have since my scar issues are very minimal compared to what some face on here. but, i guess if the process i went through will help my situation in the long run maybe the same combo approach of the dermarolling/fraxel could benefit others. as i stated previously in this thread, the before/after results i saw in pics at dr. griffin's office where absolutely convincing to me that he was onto something. whether dermarolling by itself or the fraxel by itself could produce the results, well, i don't know. but, it was quite obvious combining both the techniques in a rather aggressive fashion on the acne scarred patients seemed to do the trick in dramatically reducing the depth and discoloration of the affected areas in a matter of a few treatments within a short time frame. and, all this with minimal downtime in comparison to more costly and dangerous procedures.

at this point, the swelling has disappeared from both sides of my face and i'm really hitting the "bronzing" stages of the fraxel treatment on the right side of my face. they were a bit more aggressive in the treatment of my right side than the left. the right side seems to be about a day behind in the healing process compared to the left. the left side of my face is just a bit dry and peeling some. guess i'm hitting the "flaking" stage with it. the skin definitely has a better texture and appearance on the left side of my face where it's peeling--that's quite obvious. a few other things i've noticed are some of the freckles i had on the left side of my face have been obliterated. this morning, you could actually see the pigment sort of broken-up in somewhat very small flecks of color that seemed to rise to the surface. now, after washing my face this evening, those small flecks have flaked off. the freckles are now gone.

this weekend, i'm going to see my brother and some other family members who haven't seen me since thanksgiving. we'll see how they respond to the results so far. my father saw me on monday post-treatment but has been out of town all week and i won't see him again till friday. i'll be interested in seeing how he feels i've progressed this week and if he can tell a noticeable difference in the texture of my skin. he thought i was absolutely nuts to do something like this! that's not to say he's unsupportive--not at all. he just felt what i had surely wasn't worth the risk of possibly doing more damage than good or spending $1k and coming up empty handed. guess we'll see in a couple of days how he feels i've progressed in my healing.

though, i'm certainly pleased with what i see so far, i'm just excited that i still have weeks and months of collagen rejuvenation yet to come! let's just hope my body does the job of kick starting the collagen production and making the most of the hundreds upon hundreds (if not thousands) of super tiny holes that were put in my face by both treatments. hard to believe one can literally make their face a "human pin cushion" for SO many wounds w/o major recovery.

man--i'm peeling like crazy today!!! woke up this morning and washed gently with purpose liquid soap and the skin is sloughing off on the left side of my face. i'm very excited to see the fresh new skin appearing underneath! the rolling scars are definitely softer in appearance and the tone of my skin is much more even. the right side of my face is still "bronzed" in appearance and beginning to peel along the jawline and mid cheek. they were a bit more aggressive on that side so the healing's a bit longer. i'd say i'm about a day and half behind in healing on the right side in comparison to the left. within a few days i suspect the right side will be in full peel mode and i'll be seeing the fresh new skin as i am on the left.

i'm quite impressed so far. and, the collagen rejuvenation is just really beginning now that i'm starting to hit the end of the inflammatory stages of healing so, physiologically speaking, i still have weeks and months of collagen left to be laid deep in my skin if i heal as i should. wish i could fastforward to my four week follow-up right now! if things continue to progress as they have i know there will be no doubt the results will be quite acceptable. time will tell . . .

BTW--i love this neocutis lotion they gave me for aftercare! very silky smooth and soothing. it hasn't clogged my pores or caused me to break out a bit. i was VERY concerned about a post-treatment breakout since having acne prone skin caused me to have to do all this in the first place. if you're looking for a great aftercare treatment, i'd recommend neocutis.

$1,000 for 2 treatments does sound affordable compared to other states. How old are you by the way? Please keep us updated cause this combo sounds effective and good luck with the healing.

i think this is a good combo, something im doing as well but not at the same time..

1st do subcision,needling,abrasion on skin to losen scar tissue from above and beneit the skin, then once most of your scars are not bound down or no longer are tough scar tissue then hit the fraxel i believe this will yeild a good result then just doing fraxel on skin where the scars are bound down with scar tissue or just tough scars, you need to loosen them with abrasion techniques first, like dermaroller, etc.. for fraxel tio be most effective.

$1,000 for 2 treatments does sound affordable compared to other states. How old are you by the way? Please keep us updated cause this combo sounds effective and good luck with the healing.

i'm 31 and i'll certainly update as time goes by.

i think this is a good combo, something im doing as well but not at the same time..

so far so good. i'm pleased i've tried this combination procedure. of course, the real work has yet to begin deep down in the skin. collagen production is the key to seeing those scars diminish. that's all up to my body now. good luck with your procedures!

Does the dermaroller only benefit rolling scars?

the dermaroller--from what i understand--is beneficial for all types of acne scarring. the pics i've seen of patients that had the same treatment through the doctor i'm using had deep, pockmark scars that really responded to the dermarolling/fraxel treatments. of course, it's not a "quick fix" solution. it's a process that takes time as your body responds to the wounds created by the roller. at this point in my healing phase on the third day since the procedures, i'm supposedly around the corner from when collagen production is supposed to start taking place due to all the tiny wounds my skin endured days ago. according to the research i've read, collagen III production should begin to take place around day five after the procedure. then, collagen rejuvenation will continue for weeks, months, and into the following year. there are different types of collagen that form starting w/ collagen III that eventually is replaced with collagen I. during the collagen building phases the depressions should start to lessen and the skin will begin to thicken. both great things for acne scarring! thespian, another member on here that is a big advocate of dermarolling, says the evidence of collagen production should start to appear three-four weeks post treatment. all i can do is wait and see . . .

for more information on percutaneous collagen induction (PCI), google search for research by des fernandes. he's mentioned in other threads on this message board concerning needling. he's really spearheaded the PCI technique using medical needling and he feels medical needling will benefit all different types of acne scarring.

for the price of medical dermarolling and the possible benefits with very minimal downtime i think it's definitely worth a shot for anyone looking to break-up scar tissue and build collagen.

Very informative post. Just wondering if one can buy the roller and does it at home. Since you've already owned the roller, paying $375 just to have the doctor roll your own roller on your face seems a little steep. What else is involved in dermaroller treatment?

thanks for all your time, effort, and research you put into this thread. Its very inspiring.

your welcome, jaxin. thanks for replying . . .

i certainly didn't go into this procedure blind and i read EVERYTHING i could get my hands on from the web about medical needling and fraxel. honestly, my head felt like it was about to explode from information overload!!!

one of the best things i did was message individuals on here that were VERY helpful in their replies regarding their experiences with needling, dermarolling, and fraxel. they have no "hidden agendas" or anything to gain or lose by just being honest and i appreciate all who volunteered information to me on their treatments.

the before/after pics from my doctor and his very detailed explanation as to why he thought combining an aggressive dermarolling and fraxel treatment into one session was the best route to take definitely convinced me it was worth a shot. regardless of the cost, i was in! it's now friday and i had the procedure on monday. every bit of swelling is gone and i'm a deep pink color where the old skin is sloughing off and new skin is appearing. just about identical to being sunburned and peeling. no doubt my appearance is fresher and and the affected areas have softened. now, i look forward to the collagen rejuventation that's just beginning to take place.

How bad is the bronzing appearance? I considering Fraxel next year, but not sure how many days I would need to take off work to hide!

the "bronzing" stage was actually not bad at all. honestly, my skin did have a rusty, bronze hue on certain areas. other areas never bronzed. the worst stage to me is the present stage--peeling like mad!!!

as for downtime, i was really concerned about that! especially since i was combining two procedures. the doctor who treated me has "fraxeled" ALOT and they told me that most everyone was a bit puffy and red for three days, peeled for a few days after the swelling disappeared, and was fine after about a week. honestly, i think i'm fitting that timeframe to the T with my recovery. luckily, i'm a school teacher and i'm on break right now so i didn't have to go to work. but, if i had to work, i could have with no problems. it wouldn't have been any worse than going to work after being at the beach and getting a heckuva sunburn.

of course, individual recovery is dependent upon the patient and how they heal. for a deeper timeline--i had the treatment on monday and i was out at dinner with my mom on wednesday night with the left side of my face looking a little pinkish and the right side more bronze and bit pinkish-red. really looked like i'd been out skiing and chapped my face. no one looked at me funny so it must not have been too obvious! the worst to me is happening right now--the peeling. i'm peeling big time! lots of skin coming off and has been for the past two days. from the way things look, i think by monday (a full week after having my procedure) it will be tough for anyone to distinguish that i had something done with regard to seeing adverse side-effects.

Stonewall

Great post. Best wishes. Keep us posted.

thanks for all your help BB!!! our private conversations were informative and you definitely helped in my decision to have this done. i know you did your "homework" with regard to fraxel treatments and were careful to weigh your options and also realistic in your expectations. i'm hoping to be just as realistic in my expectations as well. good luck to you and merry christmas!

Very informative post. Just wondering if one can buy the roller and do it at home. Since you've already owned the roller, paying $375 just to have the doctor roll your own roller on your face seems a little steep. What's else is involved in dermaroller treatment?

it's not suggested you dermaroll your own face with the medical roller. i can imagine it would be rather painful as it was a bit uncomfortable at times for me and i had my face numbed with cream for an hour and a sedative since i was having fraxel right after the rolling and the doctor wanted to be as aggressive as he could be w/o having to worry about my comfort level.

to me, $375 is well worth the comfort knowing i'm having a reputable doctor who KNOWS what he's doing aggressively treating my scars and taking care of me before/during/after treatment. he REALLY bared down and rolled it! i wouldn't feel comfortable doing that to myself. plus, i would NEVER forgive myself if i did something drastic to harm my face with this roller just to save a few hundred bucks!!! others might feel comfortable doing it to themselves. i wouldn't.

from ALL the research i read, medical needling is extremely safe with minimal downtime and side-effects when performed by a practitioner who knows what they're doing. i went to college to be a school teacher--not an acne scar revision expert! spending a few hundred bucks for the peace of mind is worth it to me.

Stonewall

I read that Vitamin A and C creams are supposed to be helpful post CIT therapy. Does you doc want you to apply retin A or a Vitamin C cream? I was told not to use Retian A for 10 days post fraxel but am now questioning that, as maybe that will help stimulate more collagen production form the aticles I just read on CIT.

By the way, I was happy to help and agree with your sentiments 100% about not doing it yourself.

Stonewall

I read that Vitamin A and C creams are supposed to be helpful post CIT therapy. Does you doc want you to apply retin A or a Vitamin C cream? I was told not to use Retian A for 10 days post fraxel but am now questioning that, as maybe that will help stimulate more collagen production form the aticles I just read on CIT.

By the way, I was happy to help and agree with your sentiments 100% about not doing it yourself.

the research done by des fernandes, the south african doctor who's spearheaded the push for medical needling using the device he designed--the roll-CIT--suggests using topical vitamin C and A creams for collagen rejuvenation. i asked my doctor about that and he said it wouldn't be harmful in the aftertreatment but that they hadn't suggested that to their patients and were still seeing results. now, would results be even better for my doctor's patients if they were religiously using vit. C and A topicals??? who knows! dr. fernandes feels STRONGLY better results will be achieved with the topicals.

one thing that's rather interesting about fernandes--and, this isn't an attempt on my part to discredit his work or findings by any stretch, just an honest observation--is he's created his own company to market the roll-CIT device at a very exorbitant price when compared to the dermaroller designed by horst liebl (what was used on me) and fernandes also has a skin care line of topicals designed for use with needling that's pretty pricey as well. so, it's probably true that vit. A and C will help with collagen production and the more fernandes pushes this position the more he'll profit off his skin care line. there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, BTW! of course, i'd do the same if i were him . . . but, one must also ask whether his forcefullness is also an effort to make the bank account grow a bit as well?

the neocutis i'm presently applying is supposed to be helpful with collagen production from what i've read. and i like it! very soothing cream. having said all this, i am considering the use of topical vitamins to see if it will help once my face is back to "normal" from the procedures i've just had. matter of fact, so the topicals will penetrate it's advised to buy the cosmetic dermaroller ($90) and use it. evidence shows that topicals are WAY more effective applied after the cosmetic dermarolling of yourself than just applying them directly to the skin. makes sense . . .

glad you agree with me concerning self-treatment and the medical dermarolling, BB. one underlying thing i have noticed after reading MANY posts on this forum concerning those that have gone out on a limb and done various techniques best suited for trained professionals is that when things go south, they REALLY go south and often times they make their conditions MUCH worse. with the level of scarring i have, no way i could live with myself if i did that . . . absolutely no way!

BTW--i just received a phone call from my doctor asking how things were going. i said i seemed to be progressing fine and he correctly guessed i was in the peeling stages of recovery.

i asked about the four week follow-up and that it might be a tight fit for me to make it back up to atlanta during the middle of january. he said to wait till february when i have a winter break week. he said he'd be glad to see me in a few weeks but that he wouldn't suggest doing anything else until at least two months post procedure at the earliest. he reiterated the collagen production stage is only just beginning and that he didn't feel the full affect of the procedures i just undertook would be evident for at least 60 days.

i might try to come back in four weeks just to see about before/after pics and gauge what has happened in a month since most i've talked to said they could tell a difference after three/four weeks after medical needling. plus, seeing those pics would let me know whether i truly was seeing a bit of progress at that point and give me a better idea as to how to proceed in fitting in another combo treatment.

man, i wish time would fly by! i can take comfort in knowing my body is healing itself from within though i just can't SEE it happening down there.

Wow, you sure can write a long post. You sound very optimistic after one Fraxel treatment so I would like you to be aware that most people don't see improvement in just a single treatment of Fraxel. You may have to shell out $875 for 3-4 more times to see the improvement.

The dermaroller is actually advertised for home use so I don't think a doctor is required to perform it on you. Also while I agree with the theory behind it, how could you recommend this $500 treatment to anyone when you haven't even see the results yet? Furthermore, you won't even know if the results come from Fraxel alone or the combo treatment.

Let's see the results before endorsing any treatment, shall we?

I don't think Stonewall is endorsing anything at this point. He did his research and had an aggressive treatment with a medical grade dermal roller combined with fraxel. And, he is excited that this may work for him. I think we all benefit when others document their treatments and success or non success, especially with new methods. I am sure he will give us an honest assessment when enough time has passed.

I don't think Stonewall is endorsing anything at this point. He did his research and had an aggressive treatment with a medical grade dermal roller combined with fraxel. And, he is excited that this may work for him. I think we all benefit when others document their treatments and success or non success, especially with new methods. I am sure he will give us an honest assessment when enough time has passed.

"for those who can't afford fraxel, i HIGHLY suggest the medical dermarolling. piece of cake procedure that's not too pricey. and, i believe the procedure when done properly and deep enough into the skin will promote a result. how much a result i guess just depends on how your body responds."

That's how I read it from his above statements.

Wow, you sure can write a long post. You sound very optimistic after one Fraxel treatment so I would like you to be aware that most people don't see improvement in just a single treatment of Fraxel. You may have to shell out $875 for 3-4 more times to see the improvement.

The dermaroller is actually advertised for home use so I don't think a doctor is required to perform it on you. Also while I agree with the theory behind it, how could you recommend this $500 treatment to anyone when you haven't even see the results yet? Furthermore, you won't even know if the results come from Fraxel alone or the combo treatment.

Let's see the results before endorsing any treatment, shall we?

thanks for your reply! unfortunately, you haven't done the best job of reading what i've said . . .

firstly, i certainly know the suggested number of fraxel treatments alone is 4-5. but, that's fraxel by itself. not, the dermarolling included with the treatment. i haven't suggested to anyone that they can get satisfactory results from one treatment of fraxel by itself! that certainly hasn't been written by me. billyboy and others who have read this thread and are undergoing fraxel treatments would be quick to correct me if that were the case. but, if you can find where i said one treatment of fraxel alone can lessen your scars, please point it out and i'll be sure to correct it.

secondly, i had MEDICAL demarolling. NOT the at home cosmetic dermaroller. that was mentioned in my long post to which you seem to be poking jest. maybe you should carefully read rather than evidently skim then misrepresent my treatment???

from the research i've read, the folks i've talked to on here that have had this technique, and the before/after pics of actual patients that were treated with the MEDICAL dermaroller by the doctor who performed my procedure, percutaneous collagen induction and various collagen induction therapies can most certainly lessen acne scars. will it work wonders for everyone? maybe not. i'm sure hoping it does for me and those willing to try.

personally, i haven't seen the eventual results of my procedure. BUT, i most certainly have seen the before/after pics of other patients undertaking the EXACT same procedure of combining aggressive medical dermarolling/fraxel like i just did and it's positively evident by any stretch of the imagination that they improved markedly. so, i decided to undertake the procedure myself and i guess if i thought it was worth the $500 for me that it could be worth the $500 for someone else looking to lessen their scars.

i started this thread to let folks know of an alternative treatment i'm trying and that others who've tried this treatment have made progress. i'm very hopeful and confident that i will have results from this procedure and only time will tell. of course, i've mentioned that in my posts and have never said this treatment is the "silver bullet" for me yet!

anything positive you can add to this thread i've started, softgrey, feel free to! ask any questions you like as well. but, since i did start this thread, please do me the courtesy of actually reading and comprehending my treatment since you evidently have not carefully read what i'm posting.

i can certainly live with someone being skeptical of my choice of treatment and asking challenging, factual questions. that's anyone's right. but, let's not be ignorant and misrepresent things in the process please!

you're right on the money, BB! you of all posters on this message board would be very quick to call me to the carpet if i was deliberately misrepresenting treatments. all i've done on this thread is state the case for the treatment i'm undertaking and keeping my fingers crossed that it will work for me as it has for the other patients of the same doctor who's offering this combined approach to lessening acne scars.

i'm extremely hopeful this procedure will work for me and i'm well aware and quite prepared to be disappointed by what might happen. but, by God, at least i'm doing something! all i can do is pray and keep my fingers crossed good things WILL happen!!!

good luck to all who are positive in trying to do all they can to make their situation better!

I for one am thankful stonewall is giving such detailed description of his procedure and thoughts about the procedure. More people need to be as detailed. From this people should be able to make their own conclusions and not bash him for making his. Everyone, well most, people on this board are just trying to help on another, so please everyone try to be understanding and constructive in your criticism. ;)

I for one am thankful stonewall is giving such detailed description of his procedure and thoughts about the procedure. More people need to be as detailed. From this people should be able to make their own conclusions and not bash him for making his. Everyone, well most, people on this board are just trying to help on another, so please everyone try to be understanding and constructive in your criticism. ;)

thanks for your support, mbsway!!!! i don't mind constructive criticism one bit by a member who's genuinely read what i've said, understands the treatments i've undertaken, and feels they have something they can add that will be beneficial to me or others through their insight. that's more than welcome. the reason i've been so detailed in my descriptions and posts is so folks WOULD read the information and use it to their advantage. unfortunately, that didn't seem to be the case for someone earlier. nothing i can do but try to set the record straight and move on . . .

i'm sure hoping i have great things to continue to report over time as the treatment i had monday continues to progress. this morning, i have a fresh, pink hue to the left side of my face and it's definitely softer and more refined in appearance. the right side that was treated more aggressively is coming around. by no means unsightly--just taking a bit more time to come around compared to the left.

well, gotta get some last minute christmas things together . . . everyone continue to have a great day!

Sorry if I may have come across as mean to you. :sick::doh::wall: You're certainly a nice person with potitive attitude. I wish you a speedy recovery and good results and please post a follow up. Happy holidays. :D

Did the medical dermaroller cause bleeding? Did that bleeding interfere with blue dye going on?

I wish you success and look forward to pics.

Edit: Found some websites on dermarolling (just entered the manufacturer and model in google).

http://www.dermaroller.de/index.htm

http://www.acne-scar.info/acne%20scars.htm

http://www.cit-roller.com/acne%20scars.htm