Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trident

silicone microdroplet

general thread wherein ppl can add photos and effectiveness ratings of this procedure so ppl can look to for informative decisions concerning silicone.

general thread wherein ppl can add photos and effectiveness ratings of this procedure so ppl can look to for informative decisions concerning silicone.

It worked well for my scars. 3 treatments, Dr. White, New York City.

i've seen this picture before, but are the effects of silicone accurate as to yield this kind of result? those of you who've done the procedure, would you say you've achieved these kinds of results?

Well, my Dr. supposedly had silicone treatments in 1980 and you can't even tell that he had scars. He said that they were worse than mine (I consider my scarring to be moderate, but I have a few, deep rolling scars).

tp85,

Can you share some info on your doctor...who is he, and where is he located? I'm close to scheduling myself, and I'm surveying everyone to narrow down my selection.

Krugstoneco,

Your past nformation's been very helpful. Thanks.

Jim

I had Dr. Alkek perform mine. He's had silicone injections for over 20 years as well (maybe we are reffering to the same doctor) and you can hardly tell he even had scarring. He also said his scarring was worse then mine and after 3 treatments he was good to go.

He said I'd only need 2 treatments. I can definitely tell there is some good improvement, especially around my chin and jawline area. Really nice guy, I recommend him no doubt.

I went to Dr. Alkek once so far too, he is nice and now that about 23 days has gone by I can see some improvement in a few scars. It's hard to estimate the improvement but the shadows are less in one scar that was kind of like a wide cone shape with a point in the bottom, the point has definitely risen! The other scars are kind of odd shaped and I hope to get more improvement after the second session in January. I think my redness is getting better with the nicomide T-cream he prescribed, that you can get without a prescription behind the pharmacy counter. It is good stuff. I've felt alot more hopeful about my skin since going, but the price can be high when you have to go for many sessions like many here will have to in order to see decent results from the silicone.

Is there a lot of redness after getting this done? Will anyone be able to tell you had it done after a few days?

A few hours after you are red and swollen but the day after you can cover it pretty well with concealer, however I didn't have my whole face done so it was easier. After five days you are pretty much healed.

tricia can you give us a generalized idea of what your scars are like. if you have any photos u can share it'd be great or pictures of scars that are similar to yours.

I know a few people have had Dr. Alkek perform their silicone treatments, but is he really worth traveling to? I trust your opnions, so is he worth travelling from Michigan to have this done.

I'm not sure if I'll put any pics up later, I'm not very good with pictures online and I don't know how well they would show. I can see them in pics but they don't show up super clear. I have soft scars with sloping edges, when you stretch the skin the pretty much dissappear, that is the sign they are good for filler. One scar is right next to some bumpy scar tissue though, and that one still looks pretty uneven and I'm hoping the next one will work better on it. They are more shallow now, I have really worked on them thru the past 3-4 years with other treatments, including saline injections, so I got them to a pretty good point for the silicone. I'm thinking the silicone will never completely get rid of them but it will make them alot easier to cover with makeup. I only have about three poc type scars that work well with this, my other scars are too shallow for this to do much I think. I think real shallow scars just need something done to resurface the skin, if your skin can take it, but mine is too sensitive for anything harsh I've found. So I will live with the real shallow one's, but the deeper one's with room for filler can be helped with the silicone. Dr. Alkek will treat the shallow one's, he even injected a real shallow chicken poc scar I have, but I don't think it will do anything and it hasn't so far. I think the real improvement will be in the deeper one's that throw more of a shadow. I guess people won't really know till they try. I think Dr. Alkek is probably one of the cheaper doctors that do this because the Dallas area is much cheaper than many other cities. He has great credentials and has done this for many years so I feel good with him.

So far I've had 3 treatments. Ive had some imrpovement, but not enough to show up amazingly in photos. My scars are very deep and large, so I expect a lot more to follow with this.