Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JooK

Why do I still get Acne?

Regimen for year +:

2% Sylic Acid face wash.

2.5% BP CVS brand.

Some random very light moisterizer that was my moms (its in korean so idk what type of chemicals it has etc).

So, even though the BP absorbs really fast, and there is virtually no irritation at all, I still get acne!

I have 3 white heads under my nose, 2 pimples under my chin and 1 large white head on the side of my face.

So counting them all up, including ones that I havn't mentioned, I have about 5 or 6 pimples left, EVEN THOUGH I smother my face with BP everynight. I thought BP did this oxidation thing? Which would mean, it would be impossible for bacteria to grow under my skin if its all oxidated.

My face gets REALLY dry in the morning, so I don't smother it so much.

I keep fearing my constant acne, because I already have a lot of scars, and if I have an average of 4 pimples on my face for the rest of my life, then those scars will start to add on also.

I also make sure I glide the BP on, use a fresh towel, and try not to touch my face during the day.

So is there anything I can do to improve my acne? Its like border line "go see a dermatologist and spend money" or "stick with the regimen".

You remind me so much of myself. It seems as if its an neverending emotional and physical curse. I sure hope they come up with a cure soon.

Regimen for year +:

2% Sylic Acid face wash.

2.5% BP CVS brand.

Some random very light moisterizer that was my moms (its in korean so idk what type of chemicals it has etc).

So, even though the BP absorbs really fast, and there is virtually no irritation at all, I still get acne!

I have 3 white heads under my nose, 2 pimples under my chin and 1 large white head on the side of my face.

So counting them all up, including ones that I havn't mentioned, I have about 5 or 6 pimples left, EVEN THOUGH I smother my face with BP everynight. I thought BP did this oxidation thing? Which would mean, it would be impossible for bacteria to grow under my skin if its all oxidated.

My face gets REALLY dry in the morning, so I don't smother it so much.

I keep fearing my constant acne, because I already have a lot of scars, and if I have an average of 4 pimples on my face for the rest of my life, then those scars will start to add on also.

I also make sure I glide the BP on, use a fresh towel, and try not to touch my face during the day.

So is there anything I can do to improve my acne? Its like border line "go see a dermatologist and spend money" or "stick with the regimen".

Um....Using a face wash with salycic acid isnt the regimen. In the past when I combined BP with SA my face would be irritated & continue to breakout. That moisturizer could have all kinds of comedogenic ingredients (many do). You need to use something where you know exactly what's in it.

Try using products that are CSR recommended or if you arent sure about a product's ingrdients ask people here.

If you don't know what ingredients your using, then that's why your getting acne still. You have to fully understand, EVERYTHING you put on your face. You can't slap on BP and thinks its going to solve everything. Your face is like chemistry class, you have study and understand what your using. I know that sounds all huffy puffy BS but its true. I don't put anything on my face unless I know what the ingredients does. It may sound a bit over the top, but it makes sense right?

And Siouxcat is right, you should try following Dan's suggestions at the website, start with those first then work your way to using salycic acid products, they are not to be used unless you've started a daily regimen. Salycic acid can be very damaging to your face if your not using it properly, your face is breaking out cause its telling you something is not right and that's probably it. If your using a salycic acid as a cleanser that is not going to work.

Find out what those ingredients are and get back to us :razz:

Your complaining about 5 or 6 zits?? Tryin having about 100+ all over your face... dont give all the people here with real acne problems your stressin bs over 5 or 6 of them

Your complaining about 5 or 6 zits?? Tryin having about 100+ all over your face... dont give all the people here with real acne problems your stressin bs over 5 or 6 of them

You can't judge someone's acne by the severity of someone else's. If that were the case then the person with 200 zits would tell you to shut up.

You can't judge someone's acne by the severity of someone else's. If that were the case then the person with 200 zits would tell you to shut up.

yeah and i wouldnt care you know why? Because for a breif moment i would feel better about myself knowing that there are people who have it alot worse.. your comments a joke to me.

Was it necessary to say that? Did it make you feel better about yourself by chastising him? Don't minimize other people's problems. He came looking for constructive responses, not verbal abuse. If you don't have anything nice to say, then shut the fuck up.

You have no idea of what you are talking about. I, myself, have about 4-5 zits right now, but just 4-5 months ago I had around 30 every day. For all you know, this guy could have had anywhere between 1-10000000 zits before starting on his regimen.

Finally, acne is terrible for anyone. Some people have the willpower and character strength to deal with severe cystic acne, and some people get broken down by mild acne. So what? It's not like the guy who lost both arms and both legs in war will start dissing a person who lost only a leg. If anything, the former should be able to understand what the latter is going through.

This is to let you folks now that if the bickering continues, suspensions will be handed out.

Some of us do have very mild acne, and as such, "should" not be affected as much as those who have moderate or severe acne. Unfortunatly, human pain, insecurity, fear, and upset isn't limited to what others think we "should" or "shouldn't" feel. I'm sure you've run into this in your own life and have been frustrated with it.

But I also think there is a way to be supportive and get the information across without minimizing anothers pain. A simple "Hey, it's not so bad, get out there and see the world! You can do it!" is going to be alot better (and piss off fewer members) than "You pussy. You're complaigning about nothing."

This is board that provides support for acne sufferers. All acne sufferers. I did not see a sign on the front page that says "ONLY FOR THOSE WITH REAL/SEVERE ACNE."

It simply says "ACNE.ORG."

You can respect that, your own experience, and everyone else's at the same time. Certaintly at least in the forum that is specifically for the support of such.

Thank you.

The sal. acid wash is very harsh on your face and probably the reason that you are breaking out still. That seems like a sure one for me.

The other potential problem is the "random' moisturizer that you are using. I would definitely look into using a different one-one with safe ingredients/

If you can't get another moisturizer, definitely change to a gentle face wash and that might make all the difference

My acne was extremely bad before I started the regimen. I was unable to keep count at how many zits I had on my face. I think I could touch like 3 of them with my thumb pressed at a random spot on my face. Like, I cannot belive someone would be so arrogant as to say I dont know what I'm talking about, or I don't know how it feels. My scars are so sevre, I sometimes feel like setting my face on fire jsut to say I was in a car accident or something, then at least they would understand better. Thats why I now I have a chronic fear of even 2 or 3 pimples, just cause I don't want any more scars! The fact that you noticed my acne ISN'T as bad as it used to be is a compliment itself. Thanks.

I just started sylic acid because I had nothing else to use, and I figured it would help more seeing how I'm 100% used to BP. I got some Purpose gentle cleanser yesterday, and it drys my face out really badly. I also got Cetaphil moisterizer (non-comedogenic). Its a cream base though (I think thats bad), so I might have to get rid of it. I still enjoy that random moisterizer though. Its really light, it doesnt shine, and it doesn't irritate at all. I just need to find something similar, except in an American pharmacy like CVS.

Question: Does it make sence to have a cleanser that drys out my face too much, but it also really gentle? It doesn't seem right, but its the same exact one I see on the main acne.org product page, and the reviews aren't that bad. Also, can my skin get used to a dry cleanser if I use it enough? I ask because cleansers only stay on for a little while, and it only very lightly medicates the face, instead of having mass amounts of 1 chemical (bp) in which my face got used to.

Unfortunatly, human pain, insecurity, fear, and upset isn't limited to what others think we "should" or "shouldn't" feel.

That's true. You can have mild to moderate acne & it still hurts, physically. I dont get cysts or nodules, but my inflammatory acne can hurt & throb. Even when I was not looking in a mirror I knew it was there cuz I could feel it on my face. And even with mild acne, 5 large zits can make people say rude things to you & stare at your face.

I also got Cetaphil moisterizer (non-comedogenic). Its a cream base though (I think thats bad), so I might have to get rid of it. I still enjoy that random moisterizer though. Its really light, it doesnt shine, and it doesn't irritate at all. I just need to find something similar, except in an American pharmacy like CVS.

Does your mom know Korean so she could translate her moisturizer's ingredients for you? Or do you know anyone else who could? Someone on this board may even be able to help with that.

Also, a lot of people seem to like the Cetaphil's cream moisturizer (the one in the tub?), so it may not bad.

My acne was extremely bad before I started the regimen. I was unable to keep count at how many zits I had on my face. I think I could touch like 3 of them with my thumb pressed at a random spot on my face. Like, I cannot belive someone would be so arrogant as to say I dont know what I'm talking about, or I don't know how it feels. My scars are so sevre, I sometimes feel like setting my face on fire jsut to say I was in a car accident or something, then at least they would understand better. Thats why I now I have a chronic fear of even 2 or 3 pimples, just cause I don't want any more scars! The fact that you noticed my acne ISN'T as bad as it used to be is a compliment itself. Thanks.

I just started sylic acid because I had nothing else to use, and I figured it would help more seeing how I'm 100% used to BP. I got some Purpose gentle cleanser yesterday, and it drys my face out really badly. I also got Cetaphil moisterizer (non-comedogenic). Its a cream base though (I think thats bad), so I might have to get rid of it. I still enjoy that random moisterizer though. Its really light, it doesnt shine, and it doesn't irritate at all. I just need to find something similar, except in an American pharmacy like CVS.

Question: Does it make sence to have a cleanser that drys out my face too much, but it also really gentle? It doesn't seem right, but its the same exact one I see on the main acne.org product page, and the reviews aren't that bad. Also, can my skin get used to a dry cleanser if I use it enough? I ask because cleansers only stay on for a little while, and it only very lightly medicates the face, instead of having mass amounts of 1 chemical (bp) in which my face got used to.

The Purpose and the Cetaphil are better choices than the SA wash and the random moisturizer. Stick with these for awhile and see if your skin improves. Also, be sure you are using enough BP: http://www.acne.org/finger.html

And read here for reasons why the regimen may not be working for you: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#notworking

And here are the biggest mistakes people make when doing the regimen that can cause less-than-ideal results: http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

And here is a little quiz you can take and it will give you feedback: http://www.acne.org/regimenadvice.php