Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pronstarpwnzor

Skin wrinkly tight... In need of natural moisturizer

Short story: Was on DKR regimen for 8 months, used 1/4 finger BP morning and night, moisturizer heavily. Had to stop regimen because of chronic dryness no moisturizers worked.

I have been off BP for 6 months now, I dont even use soap to wash. I know its the winter months, but I can't get rid of the "BP dryness wrinkles" on my skin. I've tried tons of moisturizers, including all the ones listed under the DKR regimen tho im not on it.

This is my regimen now:

Wash with water, moisturizer with Jojoba oil (3-5 drops) morning and night

Also im taking 2 fish oils pills per day (1000 mg each)

Is there any type of moisturizer or natural oil or supplement that can restore my skin to its regular level of moisture. The jojoba seems to help somewhat but its almost as if my skin doesn't make any moisture anymore.

I have dryness wrinkles that i can't get rid of. I don't even get much acne anymore, its just my redmarks from small pimples never fade away because I have no moisture in my skin. It's like BP made my skin permanently dry....

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

^ Agree! Aloe vera gel is great.

You could also try honey. You can't leave it on forever, but after you wash it off, your skin will feel really nice.

Olive oil is also another good choice!

I have dryness wrinkles that i can't get rid of. I don't even get much acne anymore, its just my redmarks from small pimples never fade away because I have no moisture in my skin. It's like BP made my skin permanently dry....

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I would suggest reading this short article on dry skin by skin care expert, Paula Begoun (she's like Consumer Reports of skin care!): http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/art.asp?ID=140. Also, Retin-A is the only product proven over and over again to help prevent wrinkles. Renova would be best for you, since it has a creamier base. Here's an article on wrinkles: http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/art.asp?ID=144. Good luck!! :)

I have seen olive oil posted a few times to use as a moisterizer and I would like to try using it as I dont want to use any commercial products (my skin and eating regime is trying to be as natural/organic etc as possible) but I am scared that putting oil directly on my face will make me break out, has anyone broken out from using olive oil and is it really effective for moisterizing?

I have seen olive oil posted a few times to use as a moisterizer and I would like to try using it as I dont want to use any commercial products (my skin and eating regime is trying to be as natural/organic etc as possible) but I am scared that putting oil directly on my face will make me break out, has anyone broken out from using olive oil and is it really effective for moisterizing?

The article I linked above says this: Use a pure plant oil, such as olive oil, after your moisturizer over dry areas: At night, after you’ve applied your moisturizer, massage a few drops of plant oil over stubborn dry areas. Pure olive oil is a great option because it is rich in antioxidants. If it caused acne, I'm sure Paula would have mentioned that, but generally, we acne prone people are supposed to stay away from oils. Just use a few drops like it says. :)

I don't find aloe vera gel that useful for dryness. If jojoba oil isn't enough, try emu oil. Its also supposed to be non-comedogenic and good for the skin, but I find it alot more moisturising than jojoba oil. If you like, you could mix a few drops with aloe vera gel.

Wrinkles have been demonstrated to be caused by a copper deficiency - so perhaps try supplementing with colloidal copper and see if that helps.

jojoba is good, but use it when yr skin is moist. it still wasn't enough for me though. i've heard aloe wasn't very good either. especially if yr skin is already dry. i tried the olive oil thing and it made me sooo horribly oily that i had to stop. i have heard of using vitamin e oil, but never tried it myself.

Maybe not the best for dry skin, but I just replaced my moisturizers with FOTE Aloe Vera and my skin feels better than it has in a long time.

The difference is noticeable too, about an hour after putting it on my sister walks in the room and says, "Wow, your skin is looking great," and at that moment I became a full convert.

Short story: Was on DKR regimen for 8 months, used 1/4 finger BP morning and night, moisturizer heavily. Had to stop regimen because of chronic dryness no moisturizers worked.

I have been off BP for 6 months now, I dont even use soap to wash. I know its the winter months, but I can't get rid of the "BP dryness wrinkles" on my skin. I've tried tons of moisturizers, including all the ones listed under the DKR regimen tho im not on it.

This is my regimen now:

Wash with water, moisturizer with Jojoba oil (3-5 drops) morning and night

Also im taking 2 fish oils pills per day (1000 mg each)

Is there any type of moisturizer or natural oil or supplement that can restore my skin to its regular level of moisture. The jojoba seems to help somewhat but its almost as if my skin doesn't make any moisture anymore.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hey your story sounds exactly like mine, but i was using evening primrose oil. It stuffed up my face. It made it soo dry. I read that it is because it can 'dilute sebum production'. My face gets HARDLY OILY!!! OR IT ACTUALLY NEVEAR OILS. I have stopped taking it internally for about 2 weeks. Then for some reason i came up with the idea of actually trying EPO externally. So i mixed 4 capsules of EPO into my 60 ml aloe vera gel. what a stupid thing to do! My sis was like, 'if the EPO dried your skin, then why do it again'. But i was like its different, im using it ON MY face this time. It hasnt even been a week yet, and i had to stop. After about 3 days my face became sooo dry again. My sis uses the exact same regime as me. but she doesnt use EPO or take any vit or min. So know 2nd day of going back to using aloe vera by it self. I remember using it by it self, my face was so nice and soft. ARGGGHHH.

Try pure Shea Butter. Not the creams made "from shea butter," I mean try using the pure stuff. It really helps with dry skin. You can get it from L'Occitane. It's very expensive there, but you may only need to use it for a few weeks before your skin regains more balanced moisture levels.

Good luck!

HappyGurl :)