Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leah_felice

WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING?

I have followed to regimen for about 3 weeks now, and it seems like yeah, some of my skin is clearing up, but new acne has not stopped forming. I do exactly what Dan said to do. It just seems like it works for everyone so fast, so why hasn't it worked as well for me as fast? Any ideas? sad.gif

3 weeks is not enough time... i saw a little improvement after three weeks but it took me 2-3 months to really get clear. Stick with it - it'll work! biggrin.gif

I think as long as you are seeing some improvement you shouldn't loose heart. I think you should reserve judgement till about weeks 6-8.

what products are u using?

I'm using the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar, the On the Spot, and the Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture. I bought proactiv and it came the other day, but I don't think I want to use it...I've heard more bad than good about it.

the purpose bar can be very drying. use the search function at the top of the screen to see other comments.

If you can exchange the proactive...get a bottle of cetaphil liquid cleanser or similar instead. The other products are fine. If you use foundation or concealer and think it may be contributing to your acne....post it on the makeup board see if anyone has any feedback or experience.

Otherwise just keep on with the regimen. wink.gif

I have followed to regimen for about 3 weeks now, and it seems like yeah, some of my skin is clearing up, but new acne has not stopped forming.  I do exactly what Dan said to do.  It just seems like it works for everyone so fast, so why hasn't it worked as well for me as fast? Any ideas? sad.gif

Leah, Do not throw away or exchange the proactiv. You can still use the Toner (optional) and definitely the Renewing lotion. The renewing lotion is simply BP, and its pretty damn good. It goes on smooth and absorbs with no trace. I say you can use the toner optionally because its not a necessity to dan's regimen. However, I was reading the ingredients the other day and notice that it contains glycolic acid as well as some other good stuff. So, if you want to use the toner, it'll probably help, but still use moisturizer.

2SG

Hey thanks shyguy...I was wondering about that...but it's really hard to put on as much of the bp with the proactiv cause it doesn't really absorb into your skin too well. Does that matter? :-k

Hey thanks shyguy...I was wondering about that...but it's really hard to put on as much of the bp with the proactiv cause it doesn't really absorb into your skin too well.  Does that matter? :-k

Leah, I agree with branded. I've never had a problem with proactive BP absorbing. It might not seem like it is at first, but if you put on a lot and sit for a good 10-15 minutes, then it definitely will. The only stuff that i notice that doesn't absorb is my moisturizer. It's usually at the top layer of skin waiting to be washed off.

2SG

hey !! i have an idea for ya...the purpose cleansing bar that you are using, may be be absorbing bacteria because you come in contact with it everyday with your bare hands....instead , try the purpose cleasing wash in a bottle...i know if i was to use the bar my face would break out....but, if you dont want to use the cleansing wash in a bottle then you shouldnt leave the bar out in the open (like in the shower, or sink) im not saying you do, im just trying to give advice and help u and others....be very protective of the things you put on your face....dont even put the cleansing wash in the shower because water can absorb into the bottle through the lid and make it less effective ( i read that on the back of clean -n- clear facewash bottle )....just squirt the wash in your hand before getting into the shower...also, if u stick to the bar, wash your hands with antibacterial soap before touching bar...then place bar in a zip lock bag....but im telling you, the wash is way more sanitary ! maybe this will help !