Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matt007

Sea Water

Hey All....

Ive just returned from a great 3 week holiday.I was in the sea water alot and im currently on my 4 month of Tane.My skin is really clear at the moment :doubt: I was wondering now if its actually the Tane finally kicking in or could see water really be helping my skin.When i arrived on holiday my skin was real bad hey, it was very spotty.But i had decent skin after swimming in sea water.

Do you think it would be cool to just rinse my face at night in some salt water?

Move to another thread if you must mod

I had the exact same thought! But I never got to do it every night... My skin usually looks good after a holiday too, and that must be caused by the sea water and the sun.

I actually used to tan with saltwater in my face :lol:

Yeah....i just got back from holiday yesday and as soon as the lil bastards come back i swear im gonna try and soak my face in salt water :lol:

Yup. When i went to hawaii, my skin cleared right up when I was there.

The sun, the ocean water.

I wish I could go back right now just to get rid of my acne...

It would be worth it for sure.

its not the sea water its the sun that clears you up. i get spots in winter and am clear in summer

I am a big believer that sea water clears your skin. I have a Dead Sea Salt Mineral Peel (Some dermatalogists at the mall are from the area around the Dead Sea Salt and came here to sell these products- salt from the dead sea is actually used). It doesn't too an incredible job at clearing up acne, but it makes your face less red and got rid of these three stubborn pimples that i had for months.

Two years ago I went to Hawaii. I remember my face looking average( meaning moderate acne ) before I left. After 1 week of swimming around in the ocean for at least an hour every day my face looked excellent. I wish the ocean water in the pacific northwest wasn't so cold -_-.

I think the Sun combined with sea water is the trick.

Last summer I didn't wanna go swimming - just tanning, and my skin was still bad - the year before I had been swimming and tanning, and my skin was pretty.

So yeah - I think it's a mix

I've noticed the same thing.

When I was at the beach for a few weeks and spent a few hours each day in the salt water my acne was gone. Not sure why or how, but it works.

So let's say I get like a gallon of saltwater and apply some on my face(with a cotton pad), it wouldn't work the same right?

my old dermatologist said that beach vacations can be great for your skin because both the salt water and uv rays help clear up your skin.(too much sun however will just make it worse in the long run) she actually recomended mixing some salt water and sprinkleing it on my face every once in a while and tanning beds can also help if in moderation.

Shit,,,,,,,,!

ive been back for exactly 5 days and the little bastards are popping up again outta nowhere.Clearest skin ive had for 5 months only lasts ONE week.... fuck this is just unfair.Im gonna seriously start dipping my head in the salt water... i dont care anymore

Woah :blink:

Last night i washed my face with salt water.... and this morning i had no new active pimples sprout up overnight.

Im gonna try this for awhile and see how it goes

It's not just the salt. The main reason your skin clears up in the ocean is the BACTERIOPHAGE. Theyre a virus that attaches to and kills bacteria. They are found in the ocean and are very very good for clearing acne. That's why you don't get the same results just washing with sea salt

So what you guys are saying is that if i move to hawaii, i could see some improvements? I guess there are worse things you could try. :D

I used to live there, and whenever i go back, the skin does improve a lot. May be a subtle hint hehe.

Yes everytime I go on holiday I come back and my skin is clear. I also wash my face with sea salt at night and I dont dry it off I just leave it on my face and it seems to help, sometimes it gets a little dry if you use it every night but thats what you need to do.

I don't know about the accutane part of this but I've lived near the ocean my whole life and have nearly lived in it.

I started getting acne when I moved to my new location and the water is too cold for my liking. I started getting acne.

Ocean water is great for your skin in my opinion.