Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shadowscars

exoderm/ silicone/ great improvements in scars

i had rolling acne scars and ice pick scars. i recently had an exoderm procedure performed in chula vista. the same doctor then filled in some of the remaining scars with silicone.. the results are marvelous. about a 90 % improvement....

i had rolling acne scars and ice pick scars. i recently had an exoderm procedure performed in chula vista. the same doctor then filled in some of the remaining scars with silicone.. the results are marvelous. about a 90 % improvement....

Exoderm has very bad reviews here and people should beware.

I want to second Tricia's point that there have been several horror stories on Exoderm posted over the years. I am glad that you had success, but I would not want new readers to get wrong impression that this always works. I have spoken by phone to one disappointed patient (on another matter, but she was unhappy), so I just want to raise a red flag so that others don't jump into this without the right research.

Dude,

Or whoever is behind that screen, :

You pop out of nowhere and your first ever post is about Exoderm, Chula Vista, an "UNKOWN" Doctor and a 90% improvement ?????

Are you sure you are not the famous Chulavistan Exoderm "Guru", Dr Rullan or one of his assistants ??? Or perhaps that famous nurse who likes to take care of Dr. Rullan patients and charges $300+ A DAY for smoothies???

If you read some exoderm threads you'll find horror stories about this procedure. Even some patients that at first defended Dr Rullan and his exoderm, have big regrets and call this Doctor a big thief and liar!!

uh, one more thing, some members have said that Dr. Rullan will try to sell you his silicone fillings too at any cost. After screwing up your face with the exoderm solution, he will convince you to undergo some "fillings" as part of the "Final Retouches" Oh ~ Isn't he sweet and compassionate??? Maybe we should build a shrine and worship him.

well smoothlover you certainly are a cynic.... this is supposed to be an information board to help people not write inflamitory things.. i can only tell you what my experience was, i am sorry to hear that other people had a bad experience.. my skin has never, and i mean never looked better.. i have been suffering with these scars for 20 yrs and sudenly it feels as though a tremendous burden has been lifted from my shoulders... so dont be such a jerk because you have not found your solution yet... i knew it was a gamble getting it done, i read the horror stories... but in order to get results you have to take chances... many of the procedures that are talked about on this board have made peoples skin look worse, its just the chance you take with any procedure...i will post picture and you and anyone else can judge for yourself.....

well smoothlover you certainly are a cynic.... this is supposed to be an information board to help people not write inflamitory things.. i can only tell you what my experience was, i am sorry to hear that other people had a bad experience.. my skin has never, and i mean never looked better.. i have been suffering with these scars for 20 yrs and sudenly it feels as though a tremendous burden has been lifted from my shoulders... so dont be such a jerk because you have not found your solution yet... i knew it was a gamble getting it done, i read the horror stories... but in order to get results you have to take chances... many of the procedures that are talked about on this board have made peoples skin look worse, its just the chance you take with any procedure...i will post picture and you and anyone else can judge for yourself.....

Me a cynic??

Why 'cause I don't bite BS very easily???

And I don't think this board is to promote or advertise products/services for "personal and business" purposes.

I myself have spotted and reported a couple of people who came on here to advertise and sell their products!! Oh yeah!! Let's sell this poor acne/scars sufferers whatever he have, plus, it's a free advertising site!!! How cool is that???

many of the procedures talked about on this board have made peoples' skin look worse and among all of them EXODERM HAS THE HIGHEST RATE. Absolutely every single person who have undergone exoderm on this board have been left with irreversible and devastating side effects.

So you're talking about taking chances???

Ok, let me summarize the dozens of pages about Exoderm and Dr Rullan on this board. They were written by real patients and let's see the chances they've taken.

Exoderm by Dr. Rullan, The Exoderm Guru.................$5000

Retouches and more Retouches..................................$2000

Round Plane ticket to Chula Vista.................................$ 500

7-day Hotel Stay.......................................................$ 1700

Famous Nurse Smoothies for 7 days..........................$ 2100

Extra scarring, Permanent Erythema,

Hyperpigmentation, Hypopigmentation, Rosacea,

Physical and Psycological Trauma,Humiliation,

fUCkin' up your face

and living a life from hell ......................................PRICELESS

OH yeah!! Let's all take Chances!!!!!!

I'm playing the russian roulette as we speak. I may kill myself, but I can also win the big prize and that's the most important thing!!!!

LIFE'S SO SWEET!! LIFE'S FULL OF CHANCES!!

Great post.

Add "Doctor" Yaborough who won't hesitate to give you full face dermabrasion for $4500, even if it means guaranteed pigment disaster for your darker skin.

Extra scarring, Permanent Erythema,

Hyperpigmentation, Hypopigmentation, Rosacea,

Physical and Psycological Trauma,Humiliation,

fUCkin' up your face

and living a life from hell ......................................PRICELESS

OH yeah!! Let's all take Chances!!!!!!

I'm playing the russian roulette as we speak. I may kill myself, but I can also win the big prize and that's the most important thing!!!!

LIFE'S SO SWEET!! LIFE'S FULL OF CHANCES!!

I have to agree with smoothlover that this looks and smells like bullshit. I had an exoderm last year along with 3 other people I know & I've had NO IMPROVEMENT and the other 2 are MUCH MUCH WORSE WITH ADDITIONAL SCARRING AND PIGMENT PROBLEMS and considering a class action lawsuit. It is HIGHLY suspicious that someone would hop on this site for the first time hyping exoderm and silicone(!) and promising a 90% improvement. My scars are VERY SHALLOW and I didn't have even 1% improvement. DO NOT GO TO ANY DOCTOR FOR SILICONE WHO HAS NOT BEEN DOING IT FOR AT LEAST 20 YEARS!!! Rullan has very little experience in this area and screwed up someone's face to where she had to have a very deep dermabrasion ($5000 more) to remove the silicone bumps. He didn't know what the hell he was doing & injected waaayyyy too shallow. Since silicone is PERMANENT, I guess she's lucky he was so incompetent - had he gone deeper she'd be screwed for life! On another patient, he injected kenalog in her face during the exoderm WITHOUT her permission & now she's left with huge dents all over that were not there before. She has been trying to correct this malpractice AT HER OWN EXPENSE for over a year now.

Jasmin and girliegirl have also had disastrous exoderm experiences with Rullan. I know of several others from just this past year alone. Let me know if you want me to name names....

Might be hard to prove, but since you guys might be after Rullan anyway (plese do it), contact the FTC. I understand they have a program to investigate bogus internet poster imposters, especially on health care issues, as it relates to deceptive and fraudulent advertising. I don't know much about it, but the owner of this site probably is aware of it.

I haven't spoken to the other patients in a couple of months, but I know everyone is still quite unhappy. There was also a poster who had gone back for 3 "touch ups" after the original exoderm and still cannot see the slightest bit of difference.

well then you are just gonna have to chalk this one up on the success story side.....i am extremely happy... w/o a doubt my skin has never looked better.. it is far from perfect but there is a noticible difference, i even think it is dramatic..

This is a shameless but uncreative (yawn) attempt to attract new bu$ine$$.

The world would be a much better place without such unethical doctors/nurses who charge thousands to ruin faces of unsuspecting victims.

well then you are just gonna have to chalk this one up on the success story side.....i am extremely happy... w/o a doubt my skin has never looked better.. it is far from perfect but there is a noticible difference, i even think it is dramatic..

MmmHmm. Right.

Bump. Where are all of the exoderm people from last year? We need to let everyone know what a disaster this is. Please if anyone is contemplating this, search the "exoderm" threads and PM the posters who have had it done within the past year or so. And for heaven's sake, DO NOT let the doc inject you with silicone ESPECIALLY if he offers it for free (which an exoderm doc in Chula Vista has been doing) - he's doing it for free to use you as a lab rat. One of his patients took him up on this offer and had horrendous bumps all over her face with this PERMANENT filler! BEWARE!!!

Too friggin funny :surprised: and acne.org has a monopoly on credibility does it :lol: The archived version of that site no longer accessible I believe pre dates acne.org by years having started in 2000 and was well known and frequented by many veteran acne.org users.

Two persons with good results and about ten with terrible results. Take your own conclusions.

post-44217-1166971744_thumb.jpgmerry christmas to all, even those of you who keep calling me a fraud...i finally put the before and after pictures up.. . i tried to keep the photos as consistent as possible. i was standing outside , standing in the same spot when the before and after pictures were taken. i used no flash on both before/after and both before/after were taken on overcast days. ive noticed when taking pictures that the scars are much more visible with the flash off and low sunlight. any way the conditions are not exact but as close as i could make them. you may not agree that i got a 90% improvement, i may have been a little over excited about the difference i saw when i first viewed my own before/ after photos..but in my opinion i got a very good result overall, i would not want to say what % i got because i just dont know how to judge photos that way. when you look at the photos you can see that the rolling scars i used to have are gone. some of the pock mark type scars i had are greatly reduced.. my pores are still on the large side and of course some scarring is left. my skin just looks younger overall.. i am 38 yrs old and i have tried everything in the past like alot of you. i had laser resurfacing done 5 yrs ago- no result.. i tried a series of 5 fraxels last year - no result..ive had all kinds of peels- no result-- micro derms up the ying yang- no result- cool touch- no result and a bevy of other things in the past.. nothing ever worked for me..so you have to understand my excitement..THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT EVER GAvE ME ANY IMPROVEMENT !!!... it was the subscisions that lifted the scars, the exoderm and then the silicone filler... i know alot of you are down on the doctor ( i wont mention his name ).. its almost as if there is anger because i got a good result.. its not a lie because i did and soo many others did not.. i am deeply sorry and feel for anyone who had to go through the nightmarish process of an exoderm and got no results.. i cant imagine.. id be beside myself with anger.. any way i know im rambling , but look at the photos and judge for yourself any comments would be appreciated.....i only posted to try to help others, i did not realize the backlash i would stir up... merry christmas to all....

post-44217-1166971776_thumb.jpg

post-44217-1166971744_thumb.jpg

post-44217-1166971776_thumb.jpg

Thank for your post. I see some decent improvement - can you give a chronology of your improvement plan - subcision, exoderm, and silicone treatment(s). Many of these non-ablative and ablative alternatives are far too expensive for the benefit. There is a risk/reward to virtually everything in life so I would be curious how your Dr. articulated that to you.

Questions:

What improvement do you attribute to the exoderm peel process? give details on skin tone, texture and collagen plumping.

What improvement do you attribute to subcision? Any over correction areas?

What improvement did you get in the silikone?

What order ? Assume - plumping via subcision first, exoderm, and silicone

What risks did your Dr explain to you?

i first went throught the subscisions. in my opinion the subscisions did not plump up my skin at all.. i had 2 subscisions done to my face. what they did for me was flatten out the rolling scars i had on my face. they helped to take away that ruffled look rolling scars can give. the next step was the exoderm itself..the exoderm flattened out the rest of my face and virtually eliminated the remaining wavyness of my skin ( excuse my technical terms ). it tightened up my pores and made them alot more shallow.. they definitely do not look as dark as they used to. the tone of my skin is even and alot softer looking. it took away the roughness that has plauged me forever ( someone actually referred to me as a babyface the other day, for the first time ever !!)... after i was all healed up i was still left with some pitting and a couple of dents in my face from over correction ( believe it was from a kenalog injection ).. that is where the silikon came in... it beautifully filled in any obvious pit and filled in the dents from overcorrection.. i was very concerned about the dents and was not sure they would fill in, but they did... now i am left with some large pores and my skin still looks a little rough....but i am much better off from where i was before the exoderm.. i will never get a major procedure done again.. i am satisfied with the way my skin looks , finally.. it really does not bother me anymore.. now im free to worry about all my other imperfections :)... i will get an occasional micro derm and a superficial peel now and they in hopes of keeping a softer appearance, but 4 the most part im done....