Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yungwn

salicylic acid face wash???

Hi everyone i have been on the proactiv 3 step system for years and it has calmed my acne down a lot but never cleared me 100%..aslo always used to only use it once a day not 2 times just started the 2 times and it is helping more...i was readign and proactiv now has a body/face wash with a 2% salicylic acid in it i want to orde rand start using this once a day in the shower to wash my face.

Ive never used salicylic acid before so i ahve a few Q??

When u start usign it does it casue a breakout??

Is it ok to use with the BP and the 3 step proactiv system?

they also have a night cream with it in it and some retinol what is the retinol and what is that for?

I use baby owns soap and alway have but it makes my skin really dry after i come out the shower i used otehr soaps but they feel like i cant get the soap off my face and leave a feeling of it on my face still after i come out of the shower..should i change to a different soap also?

thanks for reading sorry for rambling just need sme advice here.

YW

I don't think that when you use salicylic acid it will make you break out. And, I am pretty sure you can use it along with the benzoyl peroxide. Its great to hear that Proactiv is working for you, I use their face/body wash and its great!

Oh so u are using the body/face wash i was talking about? and u are seeing results from it?

im hoping since practiv works to clear 85% our so that this wash will get me to 100%

smile.gif

Ya, I think that you will really like the face/body wash. I actually use it for my face more then my body. It had these little beads in it, so it really feels like its working! Im not gonna be able to use it soon anymore though, cause Im starting accutane this week. But if it works for you, then great!