Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cdior003

after 17 days on dans... i had to stop

I was on dans regimen for about 17 days and I had to stop. My acne was so bad then what i started off with. I had moderate acne and dasn regime made it so severe. i followed the directions and the recom products including his products. I just couldnt go anymore i started to get cystic acne and i started to get acne near my mouth area where i had a hard time just opening my mouth to eat. it was that bad. i guess dans regimen works for some people. i read posts on here stating to stay patient and its normal to get worse, but i asked myself what if it continues to get worse to the point where the product is the issue causing me to breakout so much. its been a rough year this year and i just dont know what to do anymore. i look like crap and everyday i think of ways on how to end my life. i guess u have take ur best judgement when on dans regimen and see for urself if is going to work.

I dont really understand why u would breakout so bad and make ur skin worse in the beginning. I never had cystic acne and now i know how it feels. very painful and discouraging. i dont know wat else to do with myl life and im only 18 years old. im going to college this janusary and i dont thnink ill even make it. I am that sad and depressed over my acne. i dont know wat else i can do.

aww, I'm sorry you sound so miserable.

Many people go through a breakout just as you described, and most come out on the other side much clearer when they have hung in there. I hate to see you give up so soon. http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

It's your decision, of course. Do you have any other plans? If not, you have nothing to lose by hanging in there a few months. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#notworking

Otherwise, I'd say maybe see a derm.

Why not try the Paleo Diet? You have nothing to lose, and in my opinion, it can do no harm to your skin if you try it for 30 days. I have had great results so far... as have many other people, including Dan. Please give it a try. PM me if you have any questions.

Man don’t even think about ‘ending your life’ due to acne – no matter what things will change, your only 18 you will probably grow out of it, and as mentioned above if you haven’t got anything else to fall back on, your not loosing anything by sticking at it – you haven’t even been on it for a month – at least try it for 3 months. I know how shitty it feels not to wanna walk out of the house because of acne; I’ve been there – but as cliché as it sounds, you won’t feel like that forever, just stick it out and see how you go. There are more options too, like seeing a Derm, maybe Accutane…etc I don’t know whether your serious or not, but Im routing for improvement for ya.. dont give up.

accutane accutane accutane

i agree. it'll lessen the severity of your acne in the long run even if it does come back after accutane.

sorry to hear that. my acne was really tough on me the past year, but now im finally conquering it and getting on with my life. my best davice would be to try accutane. keep your head up, dont let acne ruin your life