Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trehcob

So I had a cyst injected today...

And while the doctor was injecting it, it literally volcanoe'd all over my face. WTF... Probably the most embarassing moment in my life. Anyway I hope that it shrinks down now, now that the drainage met what seemed to be the majority of my face (the cyst is on my right cheek) and that it got injected... But yea, I had to vent my terrible experience somewhere.

Don't feel too bad about what happened...You doctor has seen all kinds of stuff and I doubt it bothers him in the least! I hope it works out well for you!

Yea it's just hard to not feel bad about it. Doctor or not, I exploded gunk everywhere... And it wasn't from a place that gunk would normally explode from (a cyst, sure, my face, PLEASE NO! :wacko: )

And while the doctor was injecting it, it literally volcanoe'd all over my face. WTF... Probably the most embarassing moment in my life. Anyway I hope that it shrinks down now, now that the drainage met what seemed to be the majority of my face (the cyst is on my right cheek) and that it got injected... But yea, I had to vent my terrible experience somewhere.

Actually it's a good thing that it drained during the injection. My experience is that if it drains and is injected, it goes away pretty quickly - within 24-48 hours. My doctor tries to drain it (piercing, squeezing) as he's injecting it. Good luck.

what do they do in injections? Do they take the pus out of it or what?

they inject it with cortizone (sp?) and it somehow makes the cyst slowly die away. Not really sure how it works though.

For the record my cyst has died down TREMENDOUSLY. I seriously recommend this injection to anybody with a cyst that just won't budge.