Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moonface

Been using MD formulations 5% BHA + 5% Lactic acid product

To get rid of my clogged pores on my nose, I've been using MD formulations' Vit-A-Plus Clearing Complex which contains:

Purified Water, SD Alcohol 40-B, Salicylic Acid (5%), Ammonium Lactate (and) Lactic Acid (5%), Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Oil (and) Retinol, Retinyl Palmitate.

I've read reviews on Makeupalley which were all positive, but I haven't noticed much of this product. It seems the plugs in my pores have gotten even harder and they are more difficult to remove. Could it be the alcohol that's doing this? Or the Soybean oil which has a comedogenicity grade of 3?

Should stop using this product or should I stick with it hoping things are just supposed to get worse before they get better?

I 've stopped using the product:

1. I've noticed that for some reason AHA products make my blackheads more diffucult to extract.

2. I figured alcohol dries out the skin, thus causes more dead skin cells on the skin surface which blocks oil from flowing through pores

3. Glycine Soja is definitly pore clogging. I even think it functions as a glue for dead skin cells.