Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kami

breaking up because of back acne scars

hi all

maybe this is one of the saddest stories you have heard about acne scars. I had a relationship for 6 months with my dream girl. We were in love with eachother, and we had decided to marry in the future. I have acne scars and red marks on my back. I was thinking that she knew about it but didn't care since she had not talked about it to me. Last week when I was putting off my underwear, she yelled at me that why I had not told her about it. I explained that I thought she had noticed it before but she did not believe me. She thinks that I wanted to cheat her! Then she broke up with me. She told that she could not tolerate my back acne scars. I am very desperate and disappointed. I have no reason to continue my life ...

kami, she doesn't deserve you!

A true love is to love everything your partner has, either good things or bad things!

Forget about her!

Hope you find the right one soon!

Good Luck!

She sounds like an immature shallow bitch to be quite honest. You don’t deserve to be treated like this and if it’s only coming out now this side of her personality then perhaps she isn’t the person you thought she was. You deserve better.

OMG. You can do so much better than someone like her. What kind of person cares about something like that?!?!?! I don't like to call someone names, so I won't...and i'll leave now before something slips out.

:comfort: I swear there are way better women than her out there

are you serious?? she broke up with you cos of that!? :shock: thats so crazy its almost laughable. sounds like someones gonna be looking for a man for a while with those kind of standards

of course, what is far more likely is that she wanted to break up with you anyway and couldnt bring herself to do it, so started scraping the bottom of the barrel for reasons.. doesnt make it any easier tho.. sorry to hear about it.

oh well, you're better off without her, and if a scarred back is the worst thing about you then you've got it pretty good ;)

o god...im soo sorry that happened to you! People can be so damn cruel with things they say about acne. Thats so unfair what happened.

I know its probably not what u want to hear, but she definately does not deserve you, and you will find someone who loves you for you!

chin up! :angel:

Oh my God!!! That is madness!

She must of been a shallow minded little mrs!! I bet she had imperfections - after all we are humans!!

Guest T-Virus

How exactly did you end up with her?

Although I must say that this is also something that worries me because I have back acne and I think there might also be some red marks and scaring.

Seriously, I cant believe someone could be so shallow. Trust me your better off without here, you need someone that loves you for who you are. She obviously wasnt the one. People can be so mean these days.

high potency vitamin E cream has had some success in scar reduction. you might want to give it a try.

not the point, babyface!!

everyone is saying the same thing and it all sounds so cliched i know, but i hope you know that what they are saying is true. nasy shallow people like that deserve other nasty shalow people, not nice ones like you :)

That's really awful. I'm very sorry :( I don't know how some people can be like that, get to know the real you and yet still have the capacity to reject you because of something as superficial as this. But like everyone else has said, you really arebetter off without her now, you don't need someone that shallow and inconsiderate in your life. Maybe it's almost a blessing in disguise that this came out now instead of later, before you waste any more time with her, though I know that doesn't make it hurt any less. The only thing to do now is to pick yourself up and put this cow behind you. Find yourself someone who can accept you as a whole, scars, acne, marks the whole lot included. If someone is prepared to let something like acne ruin the chance of having a good thing going with someone then they aren't worth the time or energy getting serious with anyway.

I thank U all for your promising notes. God knows that I did not want to hide my back scars. I was thinking that she knew about it. She told me that if she had the same problem, whould I continue relationship with her? My response was definitely YES. I don't care if my partner has back acne scars. Now, I have lost my self confidence. I think if I start a new relationship, that will end up the same way. I think everybody hates acne scars, on the face or back. I just want to be with someone who has acne scars.

Since developing acne over the last year or so I have learnt that many people judge you from the way you look and everything, but it REALLY is what is on the inside that counts. I have met some really pretty people but with no brains or personality - I rather have personality and brains! (even though I am not that bad looking!)

Anyway - yes, you will find someone else who will deserve you!!

Hope you find her soon - us females are not all the same!

Hey, try to think positively about finding someone else. Don't let this bad experience make you think that everyone else will be the same, because there definately are plenty of people out there who won't mind about having you having scars, whether they have them themselves or not. If you're scared about them finding out about them later on then you could always bring them up from the very beginning so that weight is lifted from your mind. And if someone is repulsed by a few scars then you have to ask yourself whether that's the type of person you want to be spending your time with anyway? We shouldn't be made to feel ashamed for having a skin condition that we never asked for, please don't let it discourage you from finding someone special. These types of situations really blow and all and take a knock to your confidence but the important thing to remember is that not everyone will feel the same way as she did. Regardless of how bad you're feeling about getting into another relationship right now, there are people out there who can accept you for who you are. I hope you find someone who deserves you :]

Guest T-Virus

This reminds me that a friend of mine has these huge scars on the side of his face. I think he was attacked by a dog when he was little. Anyway, he is EXTREMELY good looking and his scars seem to make him look even better.

what a bitch sorry i know you love her but she doesn't deserve your love or anyone elses for that matter i can't understand people like her wtf you are better off out of it believe me not many of us girls are like this a few scars on your back would not bother most NORMAL girls in fact a face full of scars would not bother most girls so it's her problem

awww that's so sad. I am sorry that you had to go through that, that's a very horrible thing to do to someone. I really can't understand it. If my boyfriend or anyone had scars I would just accept it..it makes you unique and doesn't make you any less attractive. Try not to feel so badly about it though, you obviously deserve better and she'll realize what a great guy she lost. In the end it's her loss and you can find someone so much better. And don't think that you won't ever find someone better because you will! Try to cheer up and forget about what she said.