Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AprilDawn

Fraxel Laser after silicon injections

I had one round of silicon injections a few years back for acne scarring. I wish I had never done it. If you are thinking about getting silicon, don't do it. It's not worth it.

I was going to get Fraxel laser this past Nov. but the doctor had called me a week prior and told me we would have to hold off b/c there have not been studies done on the effects of the laser with those who have had silicon (Silikon 1000 microdroplets).

They were not sure if the silicon would melt and make things worse or what.

Is there is ayone out there who knows of anyone who has done this, please let me know.

Thank you :pray:

Aprildawn,

I'm thinking of having silicone microdroplets treatment soon. What took place with your treatment that makes you regret it?

Jim

If you read the following article:

http://www.skinandaging.com/article/4868

The doctor uses a combination approach with the silicone and Co-2 laser which is harsher than the fraxel. It says it can be redone over again as well which leads me to believe the laser can be done on top of the silicone and not vice versa. I'll never get laser but it is a good question to know the answer for sure. Also was the silikon 800 drops from before 1997? Now it is Silikon 1000 that is the medical grade. I'm curious why you didn't like your results too, I have had one session so far.

You're right, it's Silikon 1000. I got it done in 2003. The reason I wish I didn't get it done is b/c now I can't have dermabrasion or the Fraxel b/c of it. The Fraxel would have had better results from what I have seen in the before/after pictures. I am still hopeful for the Fraxel, it's still too new I suppose.

I didn't have any sideffects from the Silikon, I just don't like the fact that it's permanent. I can see where the collagen has formed around the microdroplet and filled in the scars. But I was leary to get it done again b/c I didn't know if it would make too much collagen....

You're right, it's Silikon 1000. I got it done in 2003. The reason I wish I didn't get it done is b/c now I can't have dermabrasion or the Fraxel b/c of it. The Fraxel would have had better results from what I have seen in the before/after pictures. I am still hopeful for the Fraxel, it's still too new I suppose.

I didn't have any sideffects from the Silikon, I just don't like the fact that it's permanent. I can see where the collagen has formed around the microdroplet and filled in the scars. But I was leary to get it done again b/c I didn't know if it would make too much collagen....

Well in the small incremental improvement most get it would be rare to suddently get too much improvement I think. How much improvement did you get from one session?

Well in the small incremental improvement most get it would be rare to suddently get too much improvement I think. How much improvement did you get from one session?

I saw a slight improvement. I can see where it was injected and where it did fill in some of the depressions. I know I needed more trmts. but I didn't want to risk it. Who knows what would happen. Luckily I didn't get any kind of adverse reactions with it. But it may not be as nice if I did it again.

If you read the following article:

http://www.skinandaging.com/article/4868

The doctor uses a combination approach with the silicone and Co-2 laser which is harsher than the fraxel. It says it can be redone over again as well which leads me to believe the laser can be done on top of the silicone and not vice versa. I'll never get laser but it is a good question to know the answer for sure. Also was the silikon 800 drops from before 1997? Now it is Silikon 1000 that is the medical grade. I'm curious why you didn't like your results too, I have had one session so far.

Thank you for posting that article. I know that CO2 is stronger than the Fraxel. But in the article they didn't say if they used the Silicon before and/or after the laser. Maybe they saw good results by doing a full-face laser then filling in the deeper scars with the silicon. If they did use the laser after the silicon, then the Fraxel should be no problem.

How did you like your first round of silicon injections? Did you see an improvement? Are you thinking of getting any kind of laser trmt? Let me know if you find out anything new from your DR. about this topic. Thanks

As far as I know it is safe to do the laser, but personally I probably woudn't risk it either. So far I'm not seeing alot of improvement in my scars. I will go for the second and if I don't see much more after that, will probably stop. I guess it just takes time and I should be patient :boohoo: