Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey,

"pics below"

ive been on accutane the last 6 months because my acne was terrible.... now my skin is pretty much 95% smooth

but now one thing is bothering me, the redness n lil brown! it looks just as bad as acne :(

ive been off accutane for about a month now and need a few suggestions

im 18, male, and asian.

post-52460-1166351401_thumb.jpg

post-52460-1166351418_thumb.jpg

post-52460-1166351401_thumb.jpg

post-52460-1166351418_thumb.jpg

hey, i think u need t owait some more time after accutane, and then u can go for some chemical peels, dermabrasion or some laser treatment

but again u should wait soem more time, like 3-4 months and by then u may notice that the red marks/ redness will be gone in some %

yah if u went on accutane, then ur skin is still sensitive and you gotta wait a few months before u can do peels or whatever or else u'll ruin your skin

in the meantime, apply 100% aloe vera gel, and jojoba oil, drink green tea and lemon water. they won't magically take away the marks, but aloe is very calming and soothing, and jojoba is rich in vitamin E and good for the skin. it will dim out your marks, help heal them, and brighten your overall complexion. green tea is loaded with anti-oxidants, and lemon is cleansing for the body too... and overall health improvement has its effect on the skin.

yeah, thats what my derm told me to.. that they should fade after accutane. i just thought there might be a quicker way to get rid of them.

thanks for the input tho :)

We have a very similar redmarks condition (ASIAN)!

Time can heal! Be patient!

*** I am doing 30% glycolic acid peel lol!

My advice is to use SUNSCREEN all the day!