Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Rain Man

God dammit

...my skin has gotten worse. I know that this can happen and should almost be expected, but it still sucks. It's hard doing what you know you should when you're kind of seeing the opposite results that you want. Can anyone who went through a rough spell in the regimen and then come out on the other side post it here? It would sure help me and others who are pretty new to the regimen yet are feeling a little discouraged by lack of results (even though that's to be expected). Any love is appreciated.

hey man hang on there. Is this the first time you're using benzoyl peroxide? I swear it does get better.

Hi Rain Man,

I experienced something similar when starting out the regimen. My face broke out a lot the first few weeks, but I've been told that's a good sign because your pores are getting cleaned out. I've now been on the regimen for over a month or two and my skin is looking good! Hang in there and it'll be worth it!

:D

hey man hang on there. Is this the first time you're using benzoyl peroxide? I swear it does get better.

No, it's not, I used Proactiv before this, which is why I'm a little discouraged, since that treats with benozyl peroxide as well. But I've also heard success stories about people going from Proactiv to the CSR, so that helps.

No, it's not, I used Proactiv before this, which is why I'm a little discouraged, since that treats with benozyl peroxide as well. But I've also heard success stories about people going from Proactiv to the CSR, so that helps.

I also used Proactiv before this regimen. When I started this one, I broke out badly in my chin area. It didn't take too long at all for the acne to go away, but the red marks took a little while longer. The important thing to remember is to always follow all of the website's directions exactly, or you probably won't get the results you're looking for.

Edit: just noticed you had the two weeks into it subtitle. I was still breaking out two weeks after starting the regimen.

just hang in there bro...when I first started, my acne got worse also. after a month or so I cleared up pretty good but on my 4th month, I broke out with 9 cyst like acne at the same time that lasted for about 2 wks. I was so embarrassed I didn't want to go out anywhere. that really sucked but I still stuck with the regimen. I've cleared up since. I've been on the regimen since Feb of 2006 and have been 100% clear for several months now. my advice is just keep things simple. do the regimen just like it was designed and be patient.