Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

"finishing powder" with mineral makeup?

Hey everybody.. quick question. I just gave up liquid foundation today and converted comletely to physicians formula mineral wear loose powder.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.. but I do know that most "high end" mineral makeup comes with some type of finishing powder.. mainly made of cornsilk from what i've seen.

Is it really neccessary to have a finishing powder to set the mineral powder I just buffed into my skin? :think:

.. I could always just go out and buy sally hansen's cornsilk to set it, if it is a neccessary step..

Hey everybody.. quick question. I just gave up liquid foundation today and converted comletely to physicians formula mineral wear loose powder.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.. but I do know that most "high end" mineral makeup comes with some type of finishing powder.. mainly made of cornsilk from what i've seen.

Is it really neccessary to have a finishing powder to set the mineral powder I just buffed into my skin? :think:

.. I could always just go out and buy sally hansen's cornsilk to set it, if it is a neccessary step..

I use Joppa and their finishing silk powder has no cornstarch. I don't always apply the finishing silk but I do when I want a more "silky" finish (if that makes sense) finishing powder just seems to smooth and silk everything out. I use it mostly if I go out.

very few quality MMU finishing powders have cornstarch. the "old" finishing powder by EDM does have zea mays, which is slightly different, but no one buys it anymore, favoring the balancing powder (and have they come out with an all silk powder one now, i believe so, but i haven't purchased make-up for a while).

it's really not that necessary, but it is a very nice finishing touch. i only put a little bit on, in the areas where i am clear/didn't apply any concealer.

The one I use has rice powder in it and helps with oil control. It also has silk and some other ingredients that give it a nice finishing touch to my makeup. I don't always use it though. It depends on how lazy I am ;)

Alright thanks =] I may pick up some cornsilk powder just to soak up the oil.. but for now, i'll stick to only using physician's formula :D

To me finishing powders are kinda useless. When I used Joppa I often only wore the foundation. For the Physicians Formula I only wear the mineral wear too. If you really want to use a finishing powder, Physicians Formula has a mineral one. It's call Mineral Wear talc free mineral face powder. It acts as a finishing powder to set your foundation. Personally I don't see the need for it because the foundation sets pretty darn well IMO.

To me finishing powders are kinda useless. When I used Joppa I often only wore the foundation. For the Physicians Formula I only wear the mineral wear too. If you really want to use a finishing powder, Physicians Formula has a mineral one. It's call Mineral Wear talc free mineral face powder. It acts as a finishing powder to set your foundation. Personally I don't see the need for it because the foundation sets pretty darn well IMO.

I agree actually.. Im using the PF mineral loose powder right now and it has been holding up wonderfully today.

My only gripe about Physicians Formula minerals is that the color choices are limited for the foundation. I was lucky enough to find one that fits me but I can see a lot of people having problems finding a match. Hopefully they will come out with more.

I've never really seen the point of the finishing powder..It doesn't make me look any different.

exactly, if anything the finishing powder can give me a cakey look. so I just don't use them.